Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition Switch
Interesting SW Info/Resource from Italy I_icon_minitimeby POCAHONTAS Yesterday at 6:45 pm

» Lift Without A Lift
Interesting SW Info/Resource from Italy I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 5:25 pm

» LED Headlights
Interesting SW Info/Resource from Italy I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 3:22 pm

» 2003 ABS Silverwing re fresh
Interesting SW Info/Resource from Italy I_icon_minitimeby xwelder Yesterday at 3:18 pm

» 2003 ABS info on recall work
Interesting SW Info/Resource from Italy I_icon_minitimeby xwelder Fri Oct 25, 2024 5:00 am

» Handlebar Holder Recall
Interesting SW Info/Resource from Italy I_icon_minitimeby xwelder Thu Oct 24, 2024 9:12 am

» It's that time of year again.
Interesting SW Info/Resource from Italy I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Oct 23, 2024 3:31 pm

» Silverwing 600 Owner
Interesting SW Info/Resource from Italy I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Wed Oct 23, 2024 6:47 am

» I Need Help With The Brake Bleeding
Interesting SW Info/Resource from Italy I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Sun Oct 20, 2024 4:57 pm

» New FPR, new vacuum pipes, still 22mpg
Interesting SW Info/Resource from Italy I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Sun Oct 20, 2024 4:35 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Interesting SW Info/Resource from Italy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ronjr009
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ronjr009

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Interesting SW Info/Resource from Italy Empty
PostSubject: Interesting SW Info/Resource from Italy   Interesting SW Info/Resource from Italy I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:32 pm

My brain was fried like an egg after reading a half a dozen or so of the technical topics from this italian website due to the broken translation of the english. Still though, I was able to get a basic understanding of it. There is a lot of interesting info for those inquiring minds. There are even some nice pics..... Here's the link

http://66.163.168.225/babelfish/translate_url_content?.intl=us&lp=it_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.silverwing400.it%2findex.php
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Interesting SW Info/Resource from Italy   Interesting SW Info/Resource from Italy I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:58 pm

Yes. This page in particular
http://66.163.168.225/babelfish/translate_url_content?.intl=us&lp=it_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.silverwing400.it%2findex.php%3foption%3dcom_content%26task%3dblogsection%26id%3d6%26Itemid%3d44

has their technical blog with a lot of how-tos.
Its at the bottom of avery good review of the new GIVI airflow unit,
and it links to a second page of howtos also.

Dan
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4415
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Interesting SW Info/Resource from Italy   Interesting SW Info/Resource from Italy I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Neither link works for me. I keep getting: NOT FOUND The requested URL was not found on this server.

Can some one post the original link w/o the translation please. maybe that'll work for me

Tim
Back to top Go down
ronjr009
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ronjr009

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Interesting SW Info/Resource from Italy   Interesting SW Info/Resource from Italy I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:03 pm

Hey Tim,

Try this one. And then in the right hand corner is a button for english.

http://www.silverwing400.it/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=6&Itemid=83
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4415
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Interesting SW Info/Resource from Italy   Interesting SW Info/Resource from Italy I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:31 pm

Check out the Technical Archives. About half way down the list is the entry: "Defective clutch Honda FJS 400, the solution" (Difellosita frizione Honda FJS 400, la soluzione).

While Bablefish's mangled transliteration leaves a lot to be desired, if you really work at understanding the text it appears as if you may be able to effect the clutch performance by drilling lightening holes in the clutch shoes.

While the entry does cover this as a fix for a Silverwing 400cc clutch noise issue, there is no reason that the modified clutch shoes would not also tweak the FJS 600 clutch as well.

Lighter clutch shoes should produce a similar effect as changing to stronger clutch springs. However, drilling holes in the clutch shoes is an irreversible tweak. So ya better know what you're going after before you break out the DeWalt.
Back to top Go down

Interesting SW Info/Resource from Italy
Page 1 of 1