Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Other sliders? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Other sliders? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Other sliders? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Other sliders? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Other sliders? I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Other sliders? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Other sliders? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Other sliders? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Other sliders? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Other sliders? I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Other sliders?

Go down 
+5
DLK
Mech 1 twa
Terry Smith
Taldaran
Cosmic_Jumper
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Taldaran
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Taldaran

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2021-04-18

Other sliders? Empty
PostSubject: Other sliders?   Other sliders? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2021 5:58 pm

I have been looking to replace my rollers with Dr Pulley sliders when I replace my V belt, and many of you go for 26 Gram weight. I suppose that it is a happy medium for performance and gas mileage. I have been looking all over online and everyone is out of stock.

Ebay has Tech Pully sliders from Taiwan, cheaper but I am leery.

Anyone used this brand, and if not would 24 gram Dr Pulleys not cause any issues?

I know this subject has been run into the ground...my apologies.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Other sliders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other sliders?   Other sliders? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2021 6:59 pm

I'm currently using Tech Pulley 26gm sliders. While I haven't put on that many miles since the change from 26gm Dr Pulley sliders (Covid restrictions, etc) nevertheless I'm pretty impressed with the performance. They appear to be made of the same high quality material as Dr Pulley sliders so they should last a long time. These Tech Pulleys are much better than the first generation Tech Pulley Flying Rollers. Maybe that's why they now marketed as Tech Pulley Flying Roller II.
Back to top Go down
Taldaran
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Taldaran

Registration date : 2021-04-18

Other sliders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other sliders?   Other sliders? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2021 7:25 pm

Well from reading your posts, I hold your opinion in high regard! I think I'll pull the trigger on a set! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2020-03-11

Other sliders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other sliders?   Other sliders? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2021 8:04 pm

Taiwan is a scooter-loving nation, the number of scoots per head of population is probably higher than anywhere else in the world (I checked: 15 million registered scooters, population is 24 million!). I'd personally trust a Taiwanese-manufactured product.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1381
Registration date : 2016-01-02

Other sliders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other sliders?   Other sliders? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2021 8:18 pm

I just installed some Tech Pulley 24G not long ago and I like them only about 600 or so miles so far but they work well. I know it's not a long term test but I'm happy so far.
Back to top Go down
DLK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DLK

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2019-04-01

Other sliders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other sliders?   Other sliders? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2021 8:47 pm

just watch the shipping, when I was looking the shipping was 20 extra... $ 64.50 total , so not a lot of savings at least from what I saw on ebay....
Back to top Go down
minimac
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2020-03-11

Other sliders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other sliders?   Other sliders? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2021 7:45 am

It's a question of availability. What do you hope to accomplish and why do you want sliders over rollers?
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

Other sliders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other sliders?   Other sliders? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2021 1:50 pm

I tried the 26gm Dr Pulley sliders and didn't like the results. So I tried the 24gm sliders and really liked it. No more vibration on takeoff, and a 500 lower RPM at 60 MPH. Best of both worlds. My 2ยข.
Back to top Go down
DTWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Registration date : 2021-07-22

Other sliders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other sliders?   Other sliders? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 9:27 am

It's counterintuitive to see lighter slider( 24g ) results in lower rpm at the same 60mph. Doesn't heavier slider push harder on the variator resulting in lower rpm?
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Other sliders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other sliders?   Other sliders? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 10:00 am

DTWing wrote:
It's counterintuitive to see lighter slider( 24g ) results in lower rpm at the same 60mph. Doesn't heavier slider push harder on the variator resulting in lower rpm?

It’s the shape of Dr Pulley’s Sliding Weights vs roller weights which cause the lower RPMs at cruising speeds.

Ya can’t argue with success.
Back to top Go down
DTWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Registration date : 2021-07-22

Other sliders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other sliders?   Other sliders? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 10:06 am

Tim, Easyrider went from 26g slider to 24g slider and noted the rpm difference. That part puzzled me.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3295
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Other sliders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other sliders?   Other sliders? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 10:58 am

Why not stock/OEM? Worked well for me for near 100,000 miles with 2 new SilverWings---this drive line works well with only belt changes. In end you have big scooter.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Other sliders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other sliders?   Other sliders? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 3:23 pm

DTWing wrote:
Easyrider went from 26g slider to 24g slider and noted the rpm difference. That part puzzled me.

You could change from OEM (28gm) rollers to 28gm Dr Pulley sliders and notice an improvement. However for the same money you could change to 26gm or 24gm sliders and see a much better improvement.

Do be mindful that there is no such thing as magic in a box. So don’t expect rocket-like acceleration. Dr Pulley or TechPulley sliders are a worthy improvement over the shortcomings of the CVT transmission.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Other sliders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other sliders?   Other sliders? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Other sliders?
Page 1 of 1