Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton

Go down 
+5
Michel Vachon
oldwingguy
FrancoisJ
Cosmic_Jumper
Bruce Burton
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Bruce Burton
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-03-13

This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton Empty
PostSubject: This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton   This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2021 9:14 am

I have just brought a Honda Silver Wing and am looking for a center mount for my Sat Nav, l did see that Jolly Bodger has engineered a kit 0110.jpg and serving.com can anyone help me in finding out how to buy this, thanks in advance. I need all the help l can get as when l drive the artic Pam sends me up very narrow lanes. Pam will tell you this herself. Bruce
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton   This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2021 10:48 am

Hello Bruce. Welcome to the forum.

Many of those center mounts are DIY. Usually a piece of 3/16” aluminum flat stock, two M6 bolts, some plastic (or aluminum) sleeve spacers and a RAM ball. There are also any number of RAM Mount products available for mounting GPS/SatNav on the handlebars, brake master cylinders or mirror mounts.
Back to top Go down
FrancoisJ
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
FrancoisJ

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2021-02-11

PostSubject: GPS MOUNT   This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2021 12:05 pm

Bruce Burton wrote:
I have just brought a Honda Silver Wing and am looking for a center mount for my Sat Nav, l did see that Jolly Bodger has engineered a kit 0110.jpg and serving.com can anyone help me in finding out how to buy this, thanks in advance. I need all the help l can get as when l drive the artic Pam sends me up very narrow lanes. Pam will tell you this herself. Bruce

This is what I used.  It is a copy of a mount elsewhere available.It is easy to make and very effective & sturdy - even for the (heavy) TomTom Rider2. This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton Screen10
This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton Ram_gp11
This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton Ram_gp10

And welcome Bruce! You will surely find this forum beneficial for your own requirements, as well as those who read often.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton   This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2021 5:59 pm

Welcome aboard Bruce, enjoy the site and good folks here.
Back to top Go down
Michel Vachon
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2019-03-26

PostSubject: Re: This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton   This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2021 8:11 pm

First of all, Welcome here Bruce !

Hope you will find help like you ask for ....
Michel
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton   This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2021 5:27 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
There are also any number of RAM Mount products available for mounting GPS/SatNav on the handlebars, brake master cylinders or mirror mounts.

I found the the Dennis B sat nav mount useful once I'd replace the small RAM ball he supplied with it for the standard 1” RAM ball. It worked OK with the old TomTom Rider I used to have because it was light.

With the Garmin Zūmo, Touratech holder, and lockable RAM arm set up I used, the heavier weight needed a thin bungee slung between the handlebars to support the weight of the Garmin on it's RAM arm to stop it moving downwards.

(I don't have that problem on my Forza where I have a centrally mounted RAM ball secured by a single screw. Nothing moves when secured, and when I'm not using the sat nav, a plastic cover snaps on and hides the RAM ball.)

I've previously posted about the problems of mounting a sat nav/GPS with it's holder and RAM arm on a brake master cylinder. The fine threaded screws supplied with the plate weren't strong enough to take the weight of my sat nav, holder, and RAM arm and regularly worked loose. I also found out that I particularly like having the screen to one side either, so the whole brake cylinder mount experience was for me an expensive waste of time.

Last edited by Meldrew on Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton   This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2021 7:14 am

Welcome aboard Bruce!
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton   This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2021 2:41 pm

Welcome aboard the board Bruce.  Make "Search" one of your friends and you'll never be short of information.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton   This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2021 8:32 pm

Hi Bruce and Welcome to the BEST SWing site on the net. Like others have said, the search box is your friend. While I don't use a GPS I do mount my MP3 player between the handlebars with a Ram mount. It works great for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton   This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is to introduce myself as l have just joined my name is Bruce Burton
Page 1 of 1