Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Mavericks surfing in Pillar Point I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Mavericks surfing in Pillar Point I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Mavericks surfing in Pillar Point I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Mavericks surfing in Pillar Point I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Mavericks surfing in Pillar Point I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Mavericks surfing in Pillar Point I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Mavericks surfing in Pillar Point I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Mavericks surfing in Pillar Point I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Mavericks surfing in Pillar Point I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Mavericks surfing in Pillar Point I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Mavericks surfing in Pillar Point

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Mavericks surfing in Pillar Point Empty
PostSubject: Mavericks surfing in Pillar Point   Mavericks surfing in Pillar Point I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 3:45 am

The Mavericks surfing contest was on this weekend and since I haven’t ridden my scooter in awhile I thought this would be a nice opportunity for a ride along the coast. I wasn’t disappointed the day turned out nice w/partial clouds to clear skies. Good thing I rode, parking was horrible, cars lined up along Cabrillo Hwy 1 and the traffic, ugh. I knew I wasn’t going to see the actual event up close but I followed the throngs of people heading up to Pillar Point anyway. I just wanted to be part of it.
Before actually getting there (Pillar Pt.) I stopped by the pier in Pacifica because from the Hwy you can see the giant waves just pounding the pier and the beach, just curious, so I checked it out. Also I bought 2 new mini video camera MD80 and the Key chain version so I can take videos while I ride. I just haven’t figured out how to mount it so I had to hold it while I ride, so these where quick/short videos. The original quality of the video is okay but after converting it to upload to Youtube it kinnda lost some quality. Enough excuses, enjoy the show.

[img]Mavericks surfing in Pillar Point 2682631640101814636S425x425Q85[/img]
[img]Mavericks surfing in Pillar Point 2939250340101814636S425x425Q85[/img]
[img]Mavericks surfing in Pillar Point 2304906500101814636S425x425Q85[/img]
james

Last edited by just4cruzn on Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pictures)
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Mavericks surfing in Pillar Point   Mavericks surfing in Pillar Point I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:37 am

Thanks James. Although it only reminds me how land locked I've been for the past, oh, 2 1/2 months. Right now my road is a series of rutted, muddy, sloppy, un-navigable obstacles, so even if I wanted to ride - and I do - there's no way I could reach pavement.

Ah, there are some advantages of California living.
I've been thinking about the MD80 also. Maybe I'll get one. They seem to do pretty well. Have you tried using the clip to attach it to the top of your face shield? Someone else apparently did this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mavericks surfing in Pillar Point   Mavericks surfing in Pillar Point I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:38 am

James I realy enjoyd the video. I have not been to Half Moon Bay in ten years and it made me want to go back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Mavericks surfing in Pillar Point   Mavericks surfing in Pillar Point I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 3:58 am

Thanks Chief and Matthew. You should go ahead and make the purchase for less than $20 on eBay you can't beat it. Unfortunately, I already dropped my MD80 w/the clip on and it broke loose Mavericks surfing in Pillar Point Kopfschuettel I'll figure something out.
Back to top Go down

Mavericks surfing in Pillar Point
Page 1 of 1