Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Benny the Butcher says “Hello” I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 11:19 am

» New to Me Swing
Benny the Butcher says “Hello” I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Benny the Butcher says “Hello” I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Benny the Butcher says “Hello” I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Benny the Butcher says “Hello” I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Benny the Butcher says “Hello” I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Benny the Butcher says “Hello” I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Benny the Butcher says “Hello” I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Benny the Butcher says “Hello” I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Benny the Butcher says “Hello” I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Benny the Butcher says “Hello”

Go down 
+2
GoonerKev
Bennythebutcher
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bennythebutcher
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2020-07-25

Benny the Butcher says “Hello” Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benny the Butcher says “Hello”   Benny the Butcher says “Hello” I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 1:20 pm

Hello everyone.
I just bought a Honda swing 125 2010 and I’m loving it.
I was wondering if you could please reccomend me a good and easy to install phone holder?
Many thanks
Benito
Back to top Go down
Bennythebutcher
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Benny the Butcher says “Hello”   Benny the Butcher says “Hello” I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 1:21 pm

Hi guys, please can you recommend me A good phone holder for a Honda swing 125 2010?
Many thanks
Benito
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2019-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Benny the Butcher says “Hello”   Benny the Butcher says “Hello” I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 6:38 pm

Hi Benito
I have the Go Pro fitting, not cheap but very secure and stable.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Benny the Butcher says “Hello”   Benny the Butcher says “Hello” I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 6:56 pm

Ram Mount X-Grip. Not exactly inexpensive, but Ram Mount products are top of the line quality. You might find something on eBay too. 

https://www.rammount.com/product-lines/x-grip

You’ll need a Ram Mount mount and arm too to attach everything to your handlebars or go with the Ram Mount plate (w/ball) which attaches to your brake reservoir.
Back to top Go down
Bennythebutcher
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Benny the Butcher says “Hello”   Benny the Butcher says “Hello” I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 7:10 pm

Thanks a lot, I’ll look into it.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Benny the Butcher says “Hello”   Benny the Butcher says “Hello” I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 11:11 pm

I second the vote on Ram mounts. They are a good choice.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Benny the Butcher says “Hello”   Benny the Butcher says “Hello” I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2020 12:00 am

This is how I mounted mine. I don't use it for my phone but my MP3 player. Where it's mounted between the handlebar I put some flat washers to take up the extra length of the screw so it would hold tight and not harm the plastic.
In the last pic I'm showing the arm that I use to extend it so I can lower it out of the way and see the dash gauges. It works good for my purpose.

Benny the Butcher says “Hello” Mount112

Benny the Butcher says “Hello” Mp3_111

Benny the Butcher says “Hello” Mount413
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Benny the Butcher says “Hello”   Benny the Butcher says “Hello” I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2020 2:04 am

The Honda S-Wing 125 has a different design of handlebar cover to the Honda Silver Wing. You can't mount a RAM ball centrally DennisB fashion or otherwise as the two threaded screw holes aren't there. The only options are the handlebar controls utilising the brake fluid reservoirs with a RAM Ball cover, or using the blanked off threaded mirror holes. They're unused because unlike the Silver Wing the S-Wing has it mirrors fixed on the bodywork.

The brake fluid reservoir option is OK as long as you don't put a lot of weight on the four fine threaded screws that hold the reservoir lid on, longer screws are supplied in the RAM Mount kit. You also need a RAM Arm to secure it to the reservoir mount. Small is 2 inches long, Medium 4 inches, and Large 6 inches long. The longer the RAM Arm the more weight and strain on those fine threaded screws, and that's before you've added the weight of the phone holder/cradle with a RAM Ball, and of course the phone.    

Looking at the handlebar layout on the S-Wing, the mirror holes have a lot of clearance to screw in some type of RAM Ball, and the coarser threads will take the weight of a RAM Arm, phone and holder.
Back to top Go down
Ken j
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ken j

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2020-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Benny the Butcher says “Hello”   Benny the Butcher says “Hello” I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2020 10:28 pm

When I purchased my Silverwing, it was slightly butchered here and there. One of the places was the handle bar covers. The lock tabs were broken and held together with electrical tape. The whole system was also cracked requiring replacement. I didn't get there yet to replace them. Good thing too because I added a cell mount to the handlebar at a point where the cover was cracked. A little cleanup of the cracked area with a clean cut here and there and this is the result. I purchased a cheap cell mount from Walmart in store. Yes, they had it on the shelf in the auto area. Surprisingly it was actually a lot more then I expected in quality and strength. It was actually robust enough to handle my Garmin GPS.
Benny the Butcher says “Hello” Cell_m10
Benny the Butcher says “Hello” Gps110

Back to top Go down
Ken j
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ken j

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2020-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Benny the Butcher says “Hello”   Benny the Butcher says “Hello” I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2020 10:29 pm

Benny the Butcher says “Hello” Gps310
Benny the Butcher says “Hello” Gps410
Benny the Butcher says “Hello” Gps210

Back to top Go down
Bennythebutcher
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Benny the Butcher says “Hello”   Benny the Butcher says “Hello” I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2020 12:35 pm

Thanks for your response guys 😊😊
Back to top Go down
Bennythebutcher
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Delivery box   Benny the Butcher says “Hello” I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 2:40 pm

Hi guys does anyone have a delivery box fitted on the honda swing 125?
If yes could you help me out finding the right tilting rack, I need to fit my 9kg delivery box.
Many thanks
Benito
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Benny the Butcher says “Hello”   Benny the Butcher says “Hello” I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Benny the Butcher says “Hello”
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: