Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Givi Topbox Lock I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
Givi Topbox Lock I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Givi Topbox Lock I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Givi Topbox Lock I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Givi Topbox Lock I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Givi Topbox Lock I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Givi Topbox Lock I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Givi Topbox Lock I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Givi Topbox Lock I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Givi Topbox Lock I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Givi Topbox Lock

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Givi Topbox Lock Empty
PostSubject: Givi Topbox Lock   Givi Topbox Lock I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 8:28 am

I just ordered a new lock set for my Givi Monokey Topbox from Partzilla for $18. Not a bad price either. The lock on my Givi seems to be getting fussy. I sometimes have to play with it and turn the key pretty hard and/or jerky to get it to unlock. I've sprayed it with WD-40 a couple of times which didn't help. The head of the key broke last year so I made a makeshift head for it which works. But with the lock being tricky I figured for the price it is worth a try.
The topbox is still in great shape and the lock is a whole lot cheaper too so why buy a whole new box when I don't really need a new one? If this keyset works then I'm good to go. If not then it's on to plan B...
This is the unit:
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/givi-z661-z661a-red-silver-keys-and-lock-set?gclid=Cj0KCQjw_ez2BRCyARIsAJfg-ksiS7-o7kX1LPHd2muIVCgqIK5l-63mgUn8QichcEE-0VwZOWd4138aAnCyEALw_wcB
Back to top Go down
Michel Vachon
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2019-03-26

Givi Topbox Lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi Topbox Lock   Givi Topbox Lock I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 8:42 am

Hi Dale,

Good moove. save $ and it will do the job for sure. I really think it is a good deal ...

Michel
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Givi Topbox Lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi Topbox Lock   Givi Topbox Lock I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:40 am

I've had a bit of bother with the lock on the Givi CY 25N top box that's on the rear rack of my Workcycles Dutch push bike. The fault was that the spring latch that the keys moves locks the lid wasn't engaging, and the likely cause was the circular spring along the lock barrel.

I looked at the Givi website, eBay, and any other likely source of Givi lock spaces and found nothing suitable. I wasn't unduly concerned over the winter months as I use my bike mainly for my daily runs to my local health club and spa. ( I've long lost interest in the gym side of it and the big sweaty, grunting, tattooed mammals that love admiring themselves in the full length  mirrors) 💪🏻

My top box is great for locking up my cycle helmet and gloves when I'm in York city centre or elsewhere so I needed the box to lock securely. So at the start of lockdown  I drilled a hole either side of the catch on the interior bracing and threaded a length of elastic shock cord through it and tensioned it tightly.

The latch now locks and unlocks properly and I'll be ready to cycle into York again in the next week or so.

Next up is a DIY face mask, I do have a number of the disposable medical type ones, and I've tried an old Buff as a face covering. Walking about looking like Wilfrid from the Bash Street Kids doesn’t work as it slips down off my face, and having to handle it to lift it back defeats the purpose as I'm touching both the Buff and my face.

I tried cutting ear hole in the Buff too, that doesn’t really work either, it makes my ears stick out like Plug, another character from the Bash Street Kids. 😷
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Givi Topbox Lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi Topbox Lock   Givi Topbox Lock I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Givi Topbox Lock
Page 1 of 1