Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
First experience with silver wing  I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 4:55 pm

» I said Farewell...
First experience with silver wing  I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
First experience with silver wing  I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
First experience with silver wing  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
First experience with silver wing  I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
First experience with silver wing  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
First experience with silver wing  I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
First experience with silver wing  I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
First experience with silver wing  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
First experience with silver wing  I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

First experience with silver wing

Go down 
+5
cornishtrailsloth
oldwingguy
Cosmic_Jumper
Mech 1 twa
Giddyup 70
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Giddyup 70
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2020-04-19

First experience with silver wing  Empty
PostSubject: First experience with silver wing    First experience with silver wing  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 7:47 pm

Hello my name is Chris from long island new York. Just picked up a 2003 wing. Main fuse blown changed it out and it will not start. Have power but nothing happens when try to start doesn't even crank. Any help will greatly appreciated. Again first experience with this.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1381
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: First experience with silver wing    First experience with silver wing  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 8:55 pm

Welcome Chris.    Blown main fuse is not a good sign but if it powers up than all maybe okay.
2 things about SW will not allow it to crank. Side stand must be up and left lever needs to be pulled in about half way or more.  Switch on that lever is under bar very visible.

Could be another issue but who know with a use machine.
Back to top Go down
Giddyup 70
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: First experience with silver wing    First experience with silver wing  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 9:17 pm

Thank you very much. Will be spending time on it this week I will check that and other possibilities. Will post progress. And and other questions.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: First experience with silver wing    First experience with silver wing  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 11:29 pm

Hello Chris. Welcome to the forum.

Hopefully it was the main fuse you found. It’s located under the left side panel near the starter relay. You might also check the red stop switch on the right handlebar cluster. While a rare occurrence it has been known to develop corroded contacts.
Back to top Go down
Giddyup 70
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: First experience with silver wing    First experience with silver wing  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 6:59 am

Thanks I will check that. Should I hear the fuel pump when I turn the key on? Also is it the left or right brake lever that should be pulled in prior to starting. Greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: First experience with silver wing    First experience with silver wing  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 8:44 am

Mech 1 twa wrote:
Welcome Chris.    Blown main fuse is not a good sign but if it powers up than all maybe okay.
2 things about SW will not allow it to crank. Side stand must be up and left lever needs to be pulled in about half way or more.  Switch on that lever is under bar very visible.

Could be another issue but who know  with a use machine.

Chris you might want to check that sidestand switch as well if it doesn't make then even with the sidestand up it won't start. BTDT with a G. Wing.
Back to top Go down
cornishtrailsloth
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2016-10-24

PostSubject: Re: First experience with silver wing    First experience with silver wing  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 12:49 pm

Left brake lever, Mate.
Back to top Go down
HankMarlow
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2020-03-10

PostSubject: Re: First experience with silver wing    First experience with silver wing  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 12:55 pm

Giddyup 70 wrote:
Thanks I will check that. Should I hear the fuel pump when I turn the key on? Also is it the left or right brake lever that should be pulled in prior to starting. Greatly appreciated.
I hear a high-pitched whine for a second or two after i turn the ignition key to "on".  Don't know if it is the fuel pump or not.  It's the left brake lever and mine requires a petty good yank to trip the switch.
Back to top Go down
arskal
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
arskal

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2017-07-13

PostSubject: Re: First experience with silver wing    First experience with silver wing  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 1:14 pm

Squeeze left brake lever that you can hear two click. At first click switch brake light on and second click is for starter button. If you emenergy switch is on, fuel pump not activated.

Three things to remeber...
1. hard squeeze left brake lever (two clicks)
2. emenergy switch to RUN-position
3. side stand off

Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: First experience with silver wing    First experience with silver wing  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 4:46 pm

I squeze my left brake lever pretty hard when starting my SWing.
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2013-09-12

PostSubject: Re: First experience with silver wing    First experience with silver wing  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 10:49 am

Dale N. wrote:
I squeze my left brake lever pretty hard when starting my SWing.

Me too, Dale. The micro switch click isn't loud enough to hear easily. I squeeze the brake lever pretty hard to be sure the switch is tripped.

As Tim mentioned , the red kill switch ao the right handle bar might be a problem... if it was switched off and you didn't know it. I bumped it at a traffic light once and the bike stopped, of course. Took a few seconds of worry until I realized what I had done. That switch works !!!

Welcome, from Nova Scotia, Chris. Lots of info to be offered very willingly on this site.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First experience with silver wing    First experience with silver wing  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First experience with silver wing
Page 1 of 1