Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Please help to decide

Go down 
+7
Mech 1 twa
EvilTwin
sonuvabug
GHM-PM
Cosmic_Jumper
oldwingguy
rustysdream
11 posters
AuthorMessage
rustysdream
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2020-02-26

Please help to decide Empty
PostSubject: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2020 6:50 pm

So, I'm looking at 3-4 different bikes but having a hard time to decide which one to buy.
It's not about money because I'm willing to pay the most for the right bike but is it worth looking at the cheaper ones?
#1 2009 in show room condition with 7,000 km (bone stock) $4,500
#2 2009 very nice with 17,500 km (OK for safety but will need rear tire soon) $3,500
#3 2005 still nice with 27,000 km (comes with hitch, trailer, high windshield and bike cover) $2,800
#4 2005 looks fine with 36,000 km (plenty of pictures but no information) $2,450
The price difference seems quite significant between the top and low end but does it really reflect the difference in value or mileage?

Last edited by rustysdream on Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2020 8:51 pm

For me it would be the one with a verifiable maintenance and decent body work, lack of them makes the price more negotiable. Mileage is low enough on all of them not to be a worry if they had decent care.
Back to top Go down
rustysdream
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2020 10:03 pm

Thank you for your reply, oldwingguy.
I'm going to look at #1 on Saturday. It's at a dealership. I will most likely fall in love and buy it. I love you
If not, #2 is only 30 minutes drive from there and the owner has maintenance records.
But #3 keeps bugging me with all the accessories (that I can either keep or sell) and low price. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2020 11:15 pm

The 2005s are the earlier version w/o the O2 sensor in the exhaust and with the earlier generation ECM. The 2009s have the upgrades as well as a larger diameter front brake. Consequently better fuel economy and better braking. The mileage on either of the ‘09s is insignificant —neither is really broken in. If there’s a choice, I’d lean toward one with ABS.

Tim
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 7:15 am

I agree with Tim. Spring for one of the newer ones if you are able and one with ABS if possible.
Back to top Go down
rustysdream
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 7:35 am

Thank you both for your replies.
The 2009 bikes both have ABS.
Looks like I'm bringing home one of them tomorrow. Smile
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 10:47 am

IMHO, #1 is overpriced. #'s 2-4 are in the ballpark for their mileage and condition. It all depends on what market you are in too. i.e. in the middle of the boonies somewhere or in the heart of a major city where options are plentiful.

I'm selling one of my SWings this spring ... my 2005 ABS (Titanium colour) with around 35,000 km. We had 4 scoots at one time but Mama sez I have to thin the herd down further. I have a couple of body panels to swap out that the previous owner damaged when she dropped the bike in her driveway ... on both sides no less. (it was her first and last scooter and it was way too big and powerful for her).

I am a maintenance fanatic (have all records) and it has been meticulously maintained and taken care of. Drop me a PM if you're interested .... or if you just want to discuss what to look for in a good Swing. BTW I'm in K-W. Cheers, ~ BugJr ~
Back to top Go down
rustysdream
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 1:04 pm

Thank you for your reply BugJr.
I'm way more excited buying a Silver Wing now than to wait any longer. Laughing
After reading all comments, I decided to buy bike #2 but the owner just sent me a message saying that he's keeping it. Rolling Eyes
I guess, that leaves me one choice..... I'm going to look at the 2009 SWing at the dealership tomorrow. Yes, that's the most expensive of the bunch but has the lowest mileage. I'll buy it if everything checks out fine. If there's anything wrong with it, I will either buy bike #3 or just calm down and wait. Laughing
Update will follow soon.
Back to top Go down
EvilTwin
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
EvilTwin

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2017-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 1:37 pm

If that price at the dealer is Canadian dollars, its not that far off.  That would be the equivalent of 3350 USD.  Nada for that bike without abs is 3600 high retail at least in my area.  More realistic would be around 3 ish US, depending on condition.  If it has ABS, thats a bit more.  

Sometimes its worth it to spend the dollars up front on condition and maintenance/miles than to save money with higher miles/wear and tear with a lower price tag.   Somehow you always end up spending the difference to bring the bike up to a standard you are happy with.

I would insist at that price that it has new rubber on it, all the service including oil and antifreeze is done and it has some sort of warranty at least for 30 days.  And also keep in mind that its a big scooter and still very early in the season so if you don't buy it, its doubtful anybody else will at least in the near future.  Good Luck
Back to top Go down
rustysdream
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 1:51 pm

Thanks, EvilTwin.
Yes, the prices are in CDN$ and yes, the bike has ABS.
I agree, it's worth to spend a bit more on a newer bike and hopefully, save on maintenance in the long run.
So far, great communication with the dealership but I'll see how they want to play with me tomorrow....
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 3:26 pm

First.  EvilTwin ... values for SWings here in Canada are generally lower than in the USA.  Our market simply does not value them as much as the US markeplaces so you cannot go by US pricing data.  Also, I believe that all SWings imported into Canada came equipped with ABS brakes.  I may be wrong .. but everyone I've ever looked at had them.  

Second, Rustysdream ... if you really want a cherry, check out the one near Winnipeg with 370 km on it. You'll pay through the nose with that dealer (CAD$7,700 is way over priced) but with only 230 miles on it, it is practically brand new. Linky below:

2009 with only 230 Miles

Third, anything you buy now will just sit because you can't ride it now ... and not for at least 6 weeks if we're lucky ... more likely 2 months.  There will be plenty more come up for sale in that time.  I suggest you be patient and wait for the right deal for you.  My $0.02 worth and I'm out of money.

BTW - love the Brighton area ... great spot for camping & riding
Back to top Go down
rustysdream
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 5:25 pm

WOW! That Silver Wing near Winnipeg is REALLY over priced. If I had to tow it home, it would be close to CDN$10,000. No, thank you. LOL
You're right, sunovabug. We're not going to be able to ride for 6-8 more weeks but I would rather buy this bike now than risk losing it. Especially, after seeing what they're selling in Winnipeg....

Back to top Go down
rustysdream
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 5:30 pm

BTW, I'm still getting to know the Brighton area because we just moved here not too long ago. But I already know that fishing is great here Smile
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 7:17 pm

Just remember you should have more negotiation room with a dealer. If you like the scooter don't let them see it. Tell them it is a bit high and you have others to look at. This will get their attention and should see some movement from them on price etc. This method works for me.

Good luck and remember if you buy one pictures are mandatory... tongue
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 8:37 pm

Good advice from above. Price is negotiable at most dealers they list it high and hope for the best. Depends how long they are sitting on it also prices will start to go up soon with warmer weather. Better weather is still 60 days away even more so up north of boarder. Cash or quick payment also helps in most cases. I've found peeling out a bunch of Ben Franklins works well or in your case some SIR Robert Borden s

Walk away if it's not a good deal.

Back to top Go down
rustysdream
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 9:03 pm

Thank you. I will know shortly.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 12:29 am

If it were me buying another SW I'd go for the #2 saving $1000 for nearly identical scoots would tip it for me. Tires aren't all that expensive. Not to mention it's nice to have a young tire on the bike, the rubber is in better shape.
Back to top Go down
rustysdream
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 6:30 pm

Well, she's mine. swing
I think I got a good deal.
2009 Silver Wing in Candy Wineberry colour with ABS and Givi top box. It's in absolutely pristine condition with only 7,057 km-s. And she purrs like a pussy cat.  cat
I managed to negotiate the price to CDN$3,890 (plus 13% tax, total CDN$4,400 cash, out the door).
The dealership issued a brand new Safety Certificate and I got 30 days warranty starting on the day when I put the bike on the road. I just have to call the sales man.
Happy as a clam.  Smile

Last edited by rustysdream on Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:18 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
rustysdream
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 6:33 pm

exavid wrote:
If it were me buying another SW I'd go for the #2 saving $1000 for nearly identical scoots would tip it for me. Tires aren't all that expensive. Not to mention it's nice to have a young tire on the bike, the rubber is in better shape.

I agree. Unfortunately, the seller backed up so I bought bike #1 today.
Back to top Go down
rustysdream
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 6:35 pm

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR COMMENTS, IDEAS, SUGGESTIONS AND HELP !!!
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 8:16 pm

Out the door price was lower with a little talking than the original asking price.  Clean low miles bikes are nice.

Enjoy new ride.  The wait for warmer weather is the hard part.  I bought my SW in December 2015 rode it a little but winter kicked in and it was parked till end of March.   I did get 125 miles this January felt good.   21k miles in four years I'm riding it. 2013 out of crate 1 mile. Please help to decide Img_2026
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 9:03 pm

Congratulations Rusty! You should have many happy miles on that scoot... Don't forget the pix.
BTW it was mid 70's here today so I put 20 plus miles on my SWing.
Back to top Go down
rustysdream
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 10:01 pm

GHM-PM wrote:
Congratulations Rusty! You should have many happy miles on that scoot... Don't forget the pix.

Thank you. I will take nice pictures when the weather turns.

GHM-PM wrote:
BTW it was mid 70's here today so I put 20 plus miles on my SWing.

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
rustysdream
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 10:04 pm

Hmmm.... Few of my previous replies never showed up. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.
Back to top Go down
rustysdream
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 10:14 pm

Leaving from the dealership.

Please help to decide 20200210
Back to top Go down
11r150
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2018-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 8:56 am

Sharp bike. Just hope you didn't get too much salt to clean off.
Back to top Go down
rustysdream
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 9:01 am

11r150 wrote:
Sharp bike. Just hope you didn't get too much salt to clean off.

Thank you.
It was a 250 km-s ride but sunny and dry all the way home. Lucky me, I had very little dust to clean off. The trailer was dirty form a previous trip.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 9:18 am

Nice scoot.

If I haven’t said it before, Welcome to the forum.

Geez, Rusty, as long as you’ve got it trailered up, you could keep rolling four or five hundred miles further south and start your riding season straight away. Rolling Eyes

Tim
Back to top Go down
rustysdream
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 10:24 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Nice scoot.

If I haven’t said it before, Welcome to the forum.

Thanks, Tim.
Now I feel like a real member.  Smile

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Geez, Rusty, as long as you’ve got it trailered up, you could keep rolling four or five hundred miles further south and start your riding season straight away. Rolling Eyes

Tim

I thought the tie down job was an overkill but better safe than sorry. Smile
I'm planning to ride to the US in the summer. One of my cousins lives in Detroit, MI which is roughly a 320 miles ride from my place. That's not too long distance for a trip.
Also, maybe I can hook up with a motorcycle club in the area and go for a ride with them occasionally. I know one in Toronto but I'm about 100 miles from them. That's not too bad but I wouldn't call them local. Laughing
Cheers,

Frank
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 11:30 am

It looks like I haven't welcomed you to the BEST SWing forum on the net yet.
So, WELCOME to the Best SWing forum on the net Frank.
Also, there's no overkill when it comes to tie down straps. Better to be safe than sorry. I searched and found ratchet tie downs with the snap lock on the hooks. Before that I just used regular ratchet straps but as the trailer bounced the straps would come out of the bracket due to the SWing bouncing up and down. I learned my lesson with nothing bad happening to the SWing. WHEW!! I thought I had them tight enough but live and learn...
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 12:05 pm

heyrusty, a big congrats on your new ride. If there is a Southern Cruisers Riding Club (SCRC) in your neck of the woods, they are a good group to ride with. We're a member of our local chapter here in KW. Took a few rides to demonstrate we are their equals regarding machine capabilities and our skill level. In fact, Bill and his wife Janice moved to the Peterborough area and I believe he may be leading rides up that way. Good people. I may be able to get their contact coordinates for you if you want.

Also, in September there are a couple of Scooter Rallies in Arkansas. The Maxi-Scoots Rally followed by the Scoot the Ozark Rally. Great people at both, fantastic roads and memories you'll hang onto for a long time. Google and check 'em out. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 12:54 pm

Welcome Rusty and Congrats on your new ride. I put almost 80,000 miles on my 2009. I gave it to my brother when I got my Gold Wing. Enjoy!

Cathy
Back to top Go down
rustysdream
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 4:56 pm

Dale N. wrote:
It looks like I haven't welcomed you to the BEST SWing forum on the net yet.
So, WELCOME to the Best SWing forum on the net Frank.
Also, there's no overkill when it comes to tie down straps. Better to be safe than sorry. I searched and found ratchet tie downs with the snap lock on the hooks. Before that I just used regular ratchet straps but as the trailer bounced the straps would come out of the bracket due to the SWing bouncing up and down. I learned my lesson with nothing bad happening to the SWing. WHEW!! I thought I had them tight enough but live and learn...

Thank you for the warm welcome, Dale.
Also, thank you for the tip on the straps.
I'm glad to hear that nothing happened to your SWing on that day.
I was constantly checking the bike in the rear mirror and stopped every 50-60 km-s to check the straps. Luckily, I didn't have to re-tighten anything and the bike got home safely.
But honestly, I hope I don't have to trailer the bike for a while. It's too nerve wrecking. Laughing
Back to top Go down
rustysdream
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 5:04 pm

sonuvabug wrote:
heyrusty,  a big congrats on your new ride.  If there is a Southern Cruisers Riding Club (SCRC) in your neck of the woods, they are a good group to ride with.  We're a member of our local chapter here in KW.  Took a few rides to demonstrate we are their equals regarding machine capabilities and our skill level.  In fact, Bill and his wife Janice moved to the Peterborough area and I believe he may be leading rides up that way.  Good people. I may be able to get their contact coordinates for you if you want.

Also, in September there are a couple of Scooter Rallies in Arkansas.  The Maxi-Scoots Rally followed by the Scoot the Ozark Rally.  Great people at both, fantastic roads and memories you'll hang onto for a long time.  Google and check 'em out.  Let me know if I can help in any way.  

Thank you for the tip, sonuvabug. I hope I can find an SCRC group close by. The rallies in Arkansas sound very interesting too. It would be a long ride for me, but I guess, that's the whole idea. LOL
Cheers,

Frank
Back to top Go down
rustysdream
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 5:14 pm

CathyN wrote:
Welcome Rusty and Congrats on your new ride.  I put almost 80,000 miles on my 2009.   I gave it to my brother when I got my Gold Wing.  Enjoy!

Cathy

Hi Cathy,

Thank you for the warm welcome.
80,000 miles....? Holy SWing! Shocked
That's three times around the world. Diagonally! LOL
The Gold Wing must be a fantastic ride.
Two weeks ago I didn't even know what a Honda Silver Wing was. But now, I realize what I've been missing. Thankfully, I find myself in such an amazing company, surrounded by members of this site.
Cheers,

Frank
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 6:39 pm

Frank, just for information you should be able to do the 320 miles in one day; especially in summer! My preference is 200-300 miles a day, nice and relaxing with time to sight-see. With that said I broke 400 miles on a couple of occasions. It's doable but makes for a really long day and the saddle gets a bit uncomfortable at that distance. With my old Goldwing GL1800 I broke 500 miles in a day and could have done more as that is what it is designed for. But again I am old and like to putt around and sight-see. I love you
Back to top Go down
rustysdream
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 7:17 pm

Glenn, thank you for your comment.
I think I should be fine with riding 300 miles in good weather. Never rode that much in one day but my personal record by car is Edmonton, AB to Toronto, ON (approx. 2,200 miles) in 48 hours. I wouldn't want to repeat that Smile but I would ride to Detroit, MI from my home in Brighton, ON.
I'm just getting back to the world of motorcycles after decades...
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 8:05 pm

Nice SW and a top case to boot. Is it Givi case? Not cheap.

320 mile day no problem. SW can handle it your butt is another ???? I often take longer rides in that range. Best day 365 and never left PA. Last Fall Erie to Allentown PA. 345 miles and 8 hours did a little back road then RT 80 a good bit then some more 2 lane home.

Back to top Go down
rustysdream
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 8:16 pm

Mech 1 twa wrote:
Nice SW and a top case to boot. Is it Givi case?  Not cheap.

Yes, it's a Givi (model e470).

Mech 1 twa wrote:
320 mile day no problem.  SW can handle it your butt is another ????    I often take longer rides in that range. Best day 365 and never left PA.  Last Fall Erie to Allentown PA. 345 miles and 8 hours did a little back road then RT 80 a good bit then some more 2 lane home.

Wow. That's a lot of saddle time but who cares about monkey ass if the ride is enjoyable. Laughing

Last edited by rustysdream on Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 8:41 pm

Wow. That's a lot of saddle time but who cares about monkey ass if the ride is enjoyable.

So true. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please help to decide   Please help to decide I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please help to decide
Page 1 of 1