Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
are clutch pads suppose to look like this? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
are clutch pads suppose to look like this? I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
are clutch pads suppose to look like this? I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
are clutch pads suppose to look like this? I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
are clutch pads suppose to look like this? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
are clutch pads suppose to look like this? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
are clutch pads suppose to look like this? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
are clutch pads suppose to look like this? I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
are clutch pads suppose to look like this? I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
are clutch pads suppose to look like this? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

are clutch pads suppose to look like this?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sepp
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2019-10-09

are clutch pads suppose to look like this? Empty
PostSubject: are clutch pads suppose to look like this?   are clutch pads suppose to look like this? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2019 7:55 am

I always check  before my mods, so when I removed the clutch assembly I found clutch pads I have never seen.
They looked like a kid had pasted the pads on , with pad material all over the place. Is this NORMAL?
Also I found "one third side burnt" pads. OK this is normal for standard roller weights in hilly areas. But why only one third?
I checked the clutch bell but no discoloration and no marks on it.
If I compare this with the original Piaggio 500cc clutch - man is this really an original Honda clutch I have?
Attachments
are clutch pads suppose to look like this? AttachmentCLUTCH PADS.JPG
Honda clutch
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(148 Kb) Downloaded 56 times
are clutch pads suppose to look like this? Attachmentpc.JPG
Piaggio clutch
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(179 Kb) Downloaded 29 times
Back to top Go down
https://hosiwi.blogspot.com/
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: are clutch pads suppose to look like this?   are clutch pads suppose to look like this? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2019 9:57 am

Can’t explain why the 1/3rd contact (“burnt”) area but I have seen pads showing less than full contact.
Unless you’ve been experiencing clutch slip I’d ignore it and get on with your project.

However if you are suffering anxiety about it and the clutch performance you might want to switch over of Dr Pulley’s HiT clutch. Positive lock-up. No slip.

I understand that Dr Pulley has a new design for their HiT clutch too.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: are clutch pads suppose to look like this?   are clutch pads suppose to look like this? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2019 2:37 pm

It looks like poor quality pads. It possibly had a high spot when assembled and is rearing down through use. My 2¢.
Back to top Go down
Sepp
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2019-10-09

PostSubject: Re: are clutch pads suppose to look like this?   are clutch pads suppose to look like this? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2019 3:08 pm

No, Tim I know that the burnt area will get rubbed off eventually and the pads make a sturdy expression it is just the the pad paste is not orderly in the pad form but like smeared around the pad - I have never seen that.

@easyrider I agree, but since I do not know when the clutch was installed, I will monitor it closely.

The clutch works like a charm even when we tour the mountains up super slow in the 20 kmh and just 3000 rpm it works quiet and is fully controllable, just a little twist and I have 4000 rpm at 20 kmh.

With my 4 slider setup is never a need for the function of the HIT clutch.
I can force the clutch to engage real slow including slippage or engage slow and then rip open the throttle and have instant 5000 rpm what does what the HIT clutch does- really press the pads on the bell.

I can have a docile pussy cat what moves the bike that you will notice no movement during acceleration or have you pressed into the backrest in 1 second and slingshot the bike onto the highway.
It is always fun to see the cars moving to the other lane to free the right lane for me to come on only to notice that they do not pass the accelerating bike but that the bike has already full or near full highway speed (120kmh/75mph) and leaves them behind - even with 2 riders and a windscreen extension.
... and all this with a 400cc scooter
Back to top Go down
https://hosiwi.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: are clutch pads suppose to look like this?   are clutch pads suppose to look like this? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

are clutch pads suppose to look like this?
Page 1 of 1