Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
Corbin vs stock with pics I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Corbin vs stock with pics I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Corbin vs stock with pics I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Corbin vs stock with pics I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Corbin vs stock with pics I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Corbin vs stock with pics I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Corbin vs stock with pics I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Corbin vs stock with pics I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Corbin vs stock with pics I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Corbin vs stock with pics I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Corbin vs stock with pics

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DLK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DLK

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2019-04-01

Corbin vs stock with pics Empty
PostSubject: Corbin vs stock with pics   Corbin vs stock with pics I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 5:25 pm

Corbin vs stock with pics Stock_10Corbin vs stock with pics Corbin11

So I was lucky enough to snag a slightly used corbin saddle from TDLpps  built for a tall rider. He believes it was pushed back 3” but the build spec is lost. It has no backrest bases so it could be more.  I have not seen pics of stock and corbin back to back to show the difference so if you are wondering here you go.
I have owned corbins before so I was ready for a hard seat, but this is the softest of all the corbins I’ve had. More like a mustang saddle foam to me. Still firm but not  plank. It sits lower than the stock by about 2” .  And it is back more than stock, at least as much as stock without the bumper installed if not more. It seems I’m more in the scooter than on it with the stock seat if that makes sense to you.. And it sure made the ride firmer, I will be taking 1-2 clicks of preload from the shocks… Again just more planted to the scooter.

After I’m able to get more miles and ride 2 up I will post more but as of now I would buy it used again in a minute … But not sure I would pay full boat to custom build it .

As a side note TDLpps was is great to deal with if you are interested in any of his other stuff. Try to get him to tell you why he built his silverwing in the first place….

Dan
Back to top Go down
Delray
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Delray

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2018-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Corbin vs stock with pics   Corbin vs stock with pics I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 6:24 pm

Gorgeous seat and good for you. Worth every penny because you enjoy it every single ride.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Corbin vs stock with pics   Corbin vs stock with pics I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2019 1:27 am

I sure wish I had the Corbin off the SW I had before this one. I let it go when I sold the scooter because I'd decided I'd be only riding the BMW K1100LT I had at the time. What a bummer, a few months later my knees gave out and I couldn't stay on the LT for more than a few minutes at a time. I might at some time get another motorcycle but the '08 Silver Wing will be staying in my garage even if I do. I fully expect it to be my last two wheel ride.
Back to top Go down
AldusFran
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2015-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Corbin vs stock with pics   Corbin vs stock with pics I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2019 3:06 pm

DLK, that is a nice looking saddle. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
DLK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DLK

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2019-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Corbin vs stock with pics   Corbin vs stock with pics I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2019 6:00 pm

AldusFran wrote:
DLK, that is a nice looking saddle. Enjoy!

Thank you, so far its perfect for me...
Back to top Go down

Corbin vs stock with pics
Page 1 of 1