Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hi, I'm the newest member!

Go down 
+4
Dale N.
GoonerKev
Loosemarbles
DavidI
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DavidI
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2019-09-12

Hi, I'm the newest member! Empty
PostSubject: Hi, I'm the newest member!   Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 3:06 pm

Hi everyone.Just joining the forum as I expect it to be interesting and helpful over the coming years. I've just bought a 2012 Silverwing 600 and rode it home last night. I'm English but have been living in Belgium for the past 20 years. I tried to register the scooter this afternoon but was told I can't because I'm missing some paperwork - the European certificate of conformity. The previous owner has requested one so hopefully I will be able to get it on the road in the next couple of weeks.

This is my first scooter. i've been riding motorbikes for many years and have just sold my Triumph Sprint, which was a great bike but I have started  to find it too uncomfortable over the past couple of years. The Silverwing is much better so I hope to be able to ride it comfortably for many years. It has the added benfit that my wife also says it is comfortable so I hope  to go for some little jaunts together - my wife hasn't been on a bike with me for many, many years...

I service my bikes myself and I'm sure to need some advice and I've forums to be very helpful in the past and looking at this forum I expect to find lots of useful tips, and may even be able to contribute some in the future.

My first jobs will be to fit some heated grips and a USB charging point for my phone.... But first I have to find my way past the Belgian bureaucracy-which can be a challenge - wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm the newest member!   Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 4:15 pm

Hello DavidI. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find just about everything you need to know about your SW.

BTW, we visit Belgium from time to time to see my partner's Sister who lives in Leuven. Maybe we could meet up on our next visit and take a ride. Probably looking at next spring/summer. cheers

Back to top Go down
DavidI
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm the newest member!   Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 4:17 pm

Sounds good. Leuven is a lovely town. We go to eat there very regularly. Cheers. David
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2019-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm the newest member!   Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 4:22 pm

Welcome David
Enjoy the site, lots of helpful people on here to advise you. I done the heated grips & extra USB charging point (which also shows the volts as well). I'm coming over to Belgium (Ypres) next friday for 2 days with some biker friends.....4 Harley's & 3 Swings to lay some wreath's at the Menin Gate again, love it over there, all the best with your mods Wink
Back to top Go down
DavidI
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm the newest member!   Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 4:26 pm

Thanks. Ypres and all the WW memorial sites are well worth a visit. Cheers David
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm the newest member!   Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 4:39 pm

Indeed David, been there 3 times in the last year and also played with the marching band I am in at and through the Menin Gate, very proud day that was.
Back to top Go down
DavidI
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm the newest member!   Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 4:43 pm

I hope to do a bit of a tour next summer. My son will be on Bologna so I fancy a trip to visit him.
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm the newest member!   Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 5:02 pm

Nice ride
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm the newest member!   Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 11:45 pm

Welcome DavidI to the BEST SWing site on the net. There's lots of info here to do most of the work on your SWing yourself. I've learned a lot just by being a member here and asking questions and using the search box at the top left of the main page.
Back to top Go down
DavidI
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm the newest member!   Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 12:45 am

Thanks Dale. I did manage to find a copy of the service manual online last night, so that should be a big help. But it's always useful to be able to ask questions. I don't know how friendly my local dealer will be yet because I haven't visited them. My last Triumph dealer was excellent; always willing to give free advice, but that level of customer service is sadly quite rare in Belgium...and anywhere else for that matter.
Back to top Go down
AldusFran
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2015-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm the newest member!   Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 9:47 am

Welcome DavidI. Belgium is a beautiful country; wife and I stayed in Bruges (spelling?) three years ago during our European trip really enjoyed the city.
Back to top Go down
DavidI
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm the newest member!   Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 11:12 am

Thanks. Yes Bruges is lovely. Gent is also worth a visit as is Leuven. Been here a long time but due to retire back to the UK in a few years time.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm the newest member!   Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 9:38 pm

Welcome! cheers Laughing To the best Silver Wing scooter forum on the Internet!
Back to top Go down
Wing808
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Wing808

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2019-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm the newest member!   Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2019 3:06 am

welcome Good luck with the paperwork, I have been there with a scooter and won't ever get it transferred in my name Mad  I just ride it on back roads and to the beach till I get stopped Laughing
Back to top Go down
DavidI
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm the newest member!   Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2019 3:50 pm

Thanks. The problem seems to have been caused by the fact that I bought the scooter from someone working at SHAPE and even though it had what looked like Belgian registration papers they were special/international ones. But my insurance broker rang the licensing authorities on my behalf and gas confirmed that all I need is this certificate of conformity so it should work out. Unfortunately I live s long way from the beach :-)
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Welcome   Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 12:35 pm

Hi David, welcome to the site from Southern Arizona. I rode a Gold wing for years, really got around on it. I love the Silverwing. Changing to a scooter was a good move. I enjoy everything about it, I did change the WS to a Givi. Honda hit the ball out of the park when they designed it. Regrettably, sales did not follow design. Here we are.

I saw a fine black Triumph yesterday. Big twin, done in fine british style. Trimmed in 2" black checkerboard with clipons and a tasteful cafe race style. Beautiful.

If ever you are inclined to ride through 1917 memorial areas please post some pics for the rest of us. Greysilver

Back to top Go down
DavidI
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm the newest member!   Hi, I'm the newest member! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 3:25 pm

Thanks. I'm hoping to do some touring. Starting with a trip to Italy this summer. I still have a few years before I retire so don't have unlimited time but I also fancy doing Lands End to John O'Groats at some point. I cycled it with my son a few years ago and it was a beautiful way to see the country and by scooter would be a lot more relaxing.
Back to top Go down

Hi, I'm the newest member!
Page 1 of 1