Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
locks problems I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
locks problems I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
locks problems I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
locks problems I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
locks problems I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
locks problems I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
locks problems I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
locks problems I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
locks problems I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
locks problems I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

locks problems

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

locks problems Empty
PostSubject: locks problems   locks problems I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:03 am

first sorry i not posted in a while i had health problems which have finally bent delt with so i am ok and well now,
my question is the lock to start the bike is a problem,
it will not unlock the stearing lock some times in fact most of the time,
i oiled it prayed on it finally it opened but is this a honda replace for free deal or will i have to pay? the bike is still in its two years cover so any advice please respect to all den hows my flag mount coming hahhaha affraid affraid affraid swing
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

locks problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: locks problems   locks problems I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:17 am

adammetselaar wrote:
first sorry i not posted in a while i had health
problems which have finally bent delt with so i am ok and well now,

Glad to hear it is better now

adammetselaar wrote:
my question is the lock to start the bike is a problem, it will not unlock the stearing lock some times in fact most of the time, i oiled it prayed on it finally it opened but is this a honda replace for free deal or will i have to pay? the bike is still in its two years cover so any advice

There is some information here that may help:
https://www.silverwing600.com/silver-wing-topics-f3/problems-getting-the-key-in-the-hole-t1043.htm#8732
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

locks problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: locks problems   locks problems I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:47 am

i didnt have any graphite lube so I used gun lube ,works great now.
Back to top Go down
duke
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-03-04

locks problems Empty
PostSubject: key will not turn-solution   locks problems I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:08 pm

2003 silverwing. The key did turn but seemed dry .used dry graphite on lock inserted key now it will not turn .I needed spare keys anyway so had some cut .wow new keys will not work.grabbed some brake cleaner protected the area blasted some into keyway while sucking with wet dry vac.Found quite a bit of junk pulled up. Just for good measure I blew out with air gun. More junk came out . insert key works great .just a note I surmise that I puffed to much graphite into lock and blocked the pins from seating or previous owner used oil and the dry lube made a mess of it.
PS I have a detailed air box mod that preserves the factory designed water ingestion
solution while increasing air flow to the k+n filter .the original snorkle is 1.5 inch
output from air box is2" modification removes old snokle and replace with 2" wet dry extensions. Air box cover is abs plastic as is the tube allowing to plastic weld. I did some air flow testing on the side panel and found some ram air effect possible by triming turn under lip {side panel} by the air box more to follow thanks duke
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

locks problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: locks problems   locks problems I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:17 pm

duke wrote:
solution while increasing air flow to the k+n filter .the original snorkle is 1.5 inch
output from air box is2" modification removes old snokle and replace with 2" wet dry extensions. Air box cover is abs plastic as is the tube allowing to plastic weld. I did some air flow testing on the side panel and found some ram air effect possible by triming turn under lip {side panel} by the air box more to follow

Welcome to the SWing forum.

It will be interesting to see your pictures and more details on your air box modification.
Back to top Go down

locks problems
Page 1 of 1