Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hi there guys
Newbie from SW of UK I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:16 pm

» Rear shock longevity
Newbie from SW of UK I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 2:07 pm

» Final Drive Noise banished
Newbie from SW of UK I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 12:14 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Newbie from SW of UK I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 12:40 pm

» What did you do to your SW today.
Newbie from SW of UK I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Newbie from SW of UK I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Newbie from SW of UK I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 am

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Newbie from SW of UK I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Newbie from SW of UK I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Newbie from SW of UK I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:58 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Newbie from SW of UK

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Firewall
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2019-04-30

Newbie from SW of UK Empty
PostSubject: Newbie from SW of UK   Newbie from SW of UK I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 6:36 am

Hi all

I bought a FJS 600 A-7 back in Sep 2008, and was promptly posted long term overseas, so I have come back to the bike which has done 1500 miles.  From time to time on summer leave I have started it, but not for 3 years. Stored in dry garage.

Popped in a new battery and she started on first press of the starter.  Well done Mr Honda !

I had her serviced at the dealers at 1000 miles, but nothing since then.  I guess engine oil, brake fluids, coolant, all need changing. Anything else

One quick question on the workshop manual.  Nothing on ebay at the moment.  Anyone have a paper copy for sale please ?  Or point me in the right (legal) direction please ?

thanks

Tim
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from SW of UK   Newbie from SW of UK I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 8:36 am

Hello, Tim, and welcome!

Have a look on Ebay; there are three manuals for sale (I assume these are what you want).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=honda+FJS+silverwing+workshop+manual&_sacat=0
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from SW of UK   Newbie from SW of UK I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 2:16 pm

Firstly ..... Smile Hello & Welcome bud Smile

Secondly .....

MikeO wrote:

Have a look on Ebay; there are three manuals for sale (I assume these are what you want).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=honda+FJS+silverwing+workshop+manual&_sacat=0

Mike, sadly those manuals are for early models bud, while most things are the same they will not cover ABS or LAMDA sensor plus associated parts & wiring.
Im not sure if Meldrew sold his manual for newer models or not scratch think there's an advert on here somewhere
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from SW of UK   Newbie from SW of UK I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 2:29 pm

OP, unless you want to go direct to a UK Honda dealer, your best bet is to search for the USA version, there are only a few minor differences.  If you can live with a .pdf & print out ages as needed (the cheapest option) see ....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-2012-2013-Honda-Silver-Wing-Silverwing-FSC600-service-manual-on-CD/263238188376?hash=item3d4a37fd58:g:Y70AAOSwdGFYzZLg

Paper version is here ..........

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-2002-2013-Silverwing-Silver-wing-FSC600-service-manual-in-binder/302033345918?hash=item4652971d7e:g:U28AAOSwt6ZWWL-p

Both are legally produced in the USA under licence from Honda

HTH
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4174
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from SW of UK   Newbie from SW of UK I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 4:03 pm

The Bern wrote:
Im not sure if Meldrew sold his manual for newer models or not scratch  think there's an advert on here somewhere

I didn't bud, I put it in a padded envelope with the intention of taking it to a Post Office and getting it weighed to estimate the the postage. After that I pretty much lost interest and it hasn't moved since I bagged it up.

There isn't even one oily thumb print on it and if there was, it certainly wouldn't be mine. Neutral
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from SW of UK   Newbie from SW of UK I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 5:12 pm

Meldrew wrote:
The Bern wrote:
Im not sure if Meldrew sold his manual for newer models or not scratch  think there's an advert on here somewhere

I didn't bud, I put it in a padded envelope with the intention of taking it to a Post Office and getting it weighed to estimate the the postage. After that I pretty much lost interest and it hasn't moved since I bagged it up.

Hi bud, trust all is well with thee & thine :Happy Holiday:  Maybe weigh it & message OP with a price ?
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from SW of UK   Newbie from SW of UK I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 11:30 pm

Hi bud, doesn't almost every new Silver Wing owner on here enquire about free manual downloads, or want to know where they can get one for very little money, instead of importing one at great expense from the US like a few of us have.

I'll get round to it eventually, along with other surplus Silver Wing stuff like my Airflow screen and Airhawk seat cushion. But to be honest I can't be bothered with the hassle. I'd much rather the buyer was located here in North Yorkshire.
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2019-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from SW of UK   Newbie from SW of UK I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 8:26 am

Welcome Tim, I'm sure you will find what your looking for on here as all the guy's on here are very helpful indeed and patient, I have found this to be a great forum, enjoy mate.

Meldrew
I did post up about your Airflow screen for buying it and also sent you a PM and offered the P&P but no reply, so purchased one from Italy. A friend of mine is getting a swing soon, so if you are selling let me know please mate Wink

Kev
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from SW of UK   Newbie from SW of UK I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 8:55 am

Hi Kev, you wouldn't get a reply simply because I've had my Preferences set not to receive any PM's for years now. In the past I've the odd abusive message from a couple of dickheads that use to be on here, and I delete any Friend requests too.
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2019-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from SW of UK   Newbie from SW of UK I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 9:11 am

Hi Meldrew
That is understandable then mate and can't blame you and thanks for letting me know, appreciate it Wink
Back to top Go down
Firewall
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2019-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from SW of UK   Newbie from SW of UK I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2019 7:04 am

Meldrew wrote:

There isn't even one oily thumb print on it and if there was, it certainly wouldn't be mine. Neutral

Meldrew, sahib.

I know I only come from Lincolnshire, and hope you will excuse me for not living in God's Own County Smile  , BUT if you were to sell that manual  could you PM me with a price pls ?  

I will bow down three times at sunrise every day in the direction of  Yorkshire ....

Tim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from SW of UK   Newbie from SW of UK I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie from SW of UK
Page 1 of 1