Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2003 ABS info on recall work
Mileage on a full tank? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Handlebar Holder Recall
Mileage on a full tank? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby xwelder Yesterday at 9:12 am

» It's that time of year again.
Mileage on a full tank? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Oct 23, 2024 3:31 pm

» Silverwing 600 Owner
Mileage on a full tank? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Wed Oct 23, 2024 6:47 am

» I Need Help With The Brake Bleeding
Mileage on a full tank? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Sun Oct 20, 2024 4:57 pm

» New FPR, new vacuum pipes, still 22mpg
Mileage on a full tank? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Sun Oct 20, 2024 4:35 pm

» A strange howl
Mileage on a full tank? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby 53Scooterguy Sun Oct 20, 2024 11:56 am

» Tip For Bleeding Brakes
Mileage on a full tank? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Sun Oct 20, 2024 9:58 am

» Brake/Start Switch Availability
Mileage on a full tank? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Oct 19, 2024 7:31 am

» Passenger Back rest
Mileage on a full tank? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Sat Oct 19, 2024 4:36 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Mileage on a full tank?

Go down 
+20
Notanymore
smellybeard
MikeO
Mottza
steve_h80
sonuvabug
Chris Olson
Dale N.
Meldrew
Loosemarbles
Daftarse66
Old Limey
cello33
oldwingguy
cotetoi
GHM-PM
Mighty Mouse
Mech 1 twa
Cosmic_Jumper
john grinsel
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Daftarse66
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2019-02-04

Mileage on a full tank? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Mileage on a full tank?   Mileage on a full tank? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 4:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi all
After a couple of months of hassle free and enjoyable commuting on my swing I am getting pretty consistent mileage out of a tank of fuel. I’m getting 140 miles before the fuel bar starts to flash. Just wandering what everyone else is getting, and also how many miles is left in it before it stops when it starts flashing? Looking forward to reading your comments. My riding is in mixed traffic and I do like to open it up a bit on clear roads.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Lawncare man
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2022-10-01

PostSubject: Fuel mileage    Mileage on a full tank? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2022 8:57 pm

I get 120/130 when bar flashes. One gallon left is what I seem to be finding. Last full up bar was flashing and it held 3.2 gallons this tank I'm riding more efficient as to check mileage.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4415
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Mileage on a full tank?   Mileage on a full tank? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2022 9:29 pm

A steady throttle hand and smooth traffic is the key to good fuel economy.

Also my rule of thumb has always been to first fill the tank to the brim. Zero the trip meter, and keep an eye on the fuel gauge beginning ~45 miles on that trip meter. Then the full bar drops down to the next increment take note of the trip meter. That will be the effective miles per gallon.

That rule of thumb certainly works on a trip. But ‘round town and stop & go traffic kinda changes that calculation.

On two occasions I’ve gotten over 208 miles on a full tank. On both occasions that was using non-ethanol gas. And one time traveling at interstate speeds.

Anytime you exceed 5000 rpm fuel economy drops off proportional to increase in rpm.

YMMV
Back to top Go down
Lawncare man
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2022-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Mileage on a full tank?   Mileage on a full tank? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2022 9:43 pm

I also use non ethanol gas. I didn't buy my swing for economy but reliability. I have 4 v8 trucks and 40 mpg is nice. But the freedom you get when you ride is priceless!
Back to top Go down

Mileage on a full tank?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2