Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

To rescue or junk....

Go down 
+6
Cosmic_Jumper
exavid
GHM-PM
The Bern
Mighty Mouse
sc00ter
10 posters
AuthorMessage
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2018-07-16

To rescue or junk.... Empty
PostSubject: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 12:41 am

I replaced my Burgman 200 with a new Piaggio Liberty 150. A friend needed something smaller to ride so I traded him my Burgman for a beat to crap 2002 Silverwing. I wish I was picture posting savvy because all of you would freak at the condition! It runs good, is hot wired, missing mad panels, nasty seat and its sitting in my garage. Has a clear title but Im not sure if its a salvage or not, still need to go and get it and the box of included spares. My friend says make it a street fighter. Very tempted to do "something" with it but its so beat-up.....
Back to top Go down
Mighty Mouse
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Mighty Mouse

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2017-05-03

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 1:19 am

It might be beat up on the outside, but how's the engine?
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 4:53 am

So long as it's mechanically sound I'd say nip to the breakers/wreakers yard & get some panels bud

[Admin Edit] http://myrtlebeachmotorsportssalvage.com
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2592
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 7:15 am

I agree with the above, if the motor is sound and you are good at patching things up...then go for it!!! Sounds like a challenge!
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2019 1:59 am

It's satisfying to refurbish a abused, neglected bike. I used to have a shop where I refurbished older mostly none running Goldwings. Nice to bring something back to decent shape and save it from the junkyard.

A service manual from Helm Inc. is a very good tool to have on hand. Helm has a license to reproduce out of print Honda service manuals. WELL worth the cost.

Ebay is your friend when looking for reasonably priced used parts.

Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2019 11:14 pm

I have a factory service manual for the 2002 beat-up Silverwing I got stuck with. I can also reference my wifes Silverwing if needed. Good story on hers, will post it in the trike section. Gonna see if I can get someone to help me post pictures. I might start pulling it apart and see what Im up against.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2019 9:11 am

sc00ter wrote:
Gonna see if I can get someone to help me post pictures. I might start pulling it apart and see what Im up against.

Here is a link to a "How to" pdf JeffR, our fearess leader, posted a while back: https://www.silverwing600.com/download.forum?id=466

Actually, some of the screen shots in that pdf have since changed but the steps are pretty much the same. HTH

Tim
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2019 4:09 pm

I have yet to even touch the trashy Silverwing. I did steal the battery to get the trike started while the trikes battery was charging. So, if one of you Swing guys wants to take on a heck of a challenge OR wants a running parts scooter the 2002 Silverwing is up for grabs. Not sure if it has a salvage title as I still need to get the title. Gonna offer it back to the guy who gave it to me also, but I dont think he has the space. Dummies think it can be registered as a moped, and others want to scrap it for beer money. To those people-GO AWAY! To everyone else who thinks they can do something with it hit me up via PM. Maybe one of you can bribe Evil Twin into taking pictures of it to scare away the mortals! Also, Im not delivering it. My motorcycle trailer has been sitting for so long both tires are low and the wheel chock got rusted in place and stripped out. You will have to pick it up.
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2019 10:57 am

Forgot to mention, free. I need the space and just dont wanna spend the time on it.
Back to top Go down
EvilTwin
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
EvilTwin

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2017-05-30

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 4:04 pm

Did I hear my name be mentioned? Shoot me a PM, I might take it for free. But need to understand whats going on with the title. Or shoot me something with the pix and I can post them for ya.

Bob
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 8:41 pm

PM sent.
Back to top Go down
EvilTwin
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
EvilTwin

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2017-05-30

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2019 10:19 am

Scooter (Sam) sent me the pix on this sad case.   As much as I love projects, the saner side of me says I don't have anywhere to store the bike and I don't need the grief from the wife.  So I'm posting the pix he send me here so if somebody else wants to give it a try, they can contact him directly.

To rescue or junk.... L7Xtlg9

To rescue or junk.... KtJSHOk

To rescue or junk.... FmfhY9V

To rescue or junk.... F2rsAwF

To rescue or junk.... DGdSK77

To rescue or junk.... EQiJWxP

To rescue or junk.... JnfYuKA

To rescue or junk.... 7YVHqpg
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2019 11:45 am

Thanks for posting the pictures! It will hopefully bring in a sucker, I mean scooter rehab person, interested in a parts scoot or fixer upper. I will be seeing/getting the title this Friday hopefully and will post if its a salvage or not. Im still thinking street fighter in a Mad Max style if I cant dump, oops-pass it onto someone. Any takers? Lowest offer wins!
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2019 9:31 pm

I've got a friend who may be interested in the ratty Swing for a street fighter theme. Please, almighty scooter god, let him take this thing off my hands. Wish me luck in passing it on, wish him luck if he takes it!
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2019 5:56 pm

Found it a home! So glad to get my work space back! I think he's gonna go with a street fighter theme. I added it to my insurance, put on a expired plate that didnt even belong to it OR even in my name, ignored the 04/15 expired inspection sticker and rode it over to his house to drop it off, with my wife following close behind in a car. Then, 15 miles later I called the insurance company and removed it. It actually rode pretty good! I told him to join the forum.
Back to top Go down
ronv386
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2019-06-07

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 5:39 pm

Even to a newbie like myself, it's sad to see a bike in that kind of condition. Sad Hope the new owner treats it better....
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 5:51 pm

Its in his garage next to the super high (40,000+) mile Buddy 125 that I sold him many years ago. He has plans for the Swing, but Im not sure what those plans are. Hes into the steam punk thing, and he got some ideas from street fighter themed SilverWings. I keep telling him to join the forum!
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 9:29 pm

I'm giving anyone who stayed awake at night wondering what happened to that FREE Silverwing! I gave it to a friend with big ambitions but little patience or extensive skills. It has been taking up space in his garage since I dumped, I mean delivered, it to him. But we found someone else who will do something with it. A guy in Florida sent a uShip shipper to pick it up and bring it from Virginia Beach, VA to Florida. Driver came by tonight and strapped it down in an enclosed trailer. This new owner is motivated so the Swing will get reincarnated into another form of transportation. I hope the new owner joins the forum and post his results. Sleep well everyone, it went to a great home!
Back to top Go down
PeteP
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2020-08-31

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 11:04 pm

Hey, I like a happy ending!! I looks like it’s mostly cosmetic items as you were able to drive it for delivery. A running ugly bike has the advantage that it’s running.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 12:33 am

Often a goodly bit of tupperware pieces on eBay. I found eBay a very good source of parts there when I had a shop refurbishing Goldwings a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 9:29 pm

Go on Modern Vespa/General Discussion/Who's got Modded BV350's? New owner has a thing for naked scooters. I find it weird myself but to each their own. I had a extra rear wheel I was gonna throw in but the wheel didn't fit on my Liberty floorboard very well so it didn't go with the uShip trip.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 10:08 am

sc00ter wrote:
I'm giving anyone who stayed awake at night wondering what happened to that FREE Silverwing! I gave it to a friend with big ambitions but little patience or extensive skills. It has been taking up space in his garage since I dumped, I mean delivered, it to him. But we found someone else who will do something with it. A guy in Florida sent a uShip shipper to pick it up and bring it from Virginia Beach, VA to Florida. Driver came by tonight and strapped it down in an enclosed trailer. This new owner is motivated so the Swing will get reincarnated into another form of transportation. I hope the new owner joins the forum and post his results. Sleep well everyone, it went to a great home!

Just FYI, sc00ter’s old Silverwing found a new home on the ADVRider forum. It will be interesting to see how the new project manager gets on with his project:

https://advrider.com/f/threads/my-2002-honda-silverwing-naked-build.1486426/
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1384
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 7:56 pm

From the looks of his garage and yard it will be awhile. Large Cheese Ball parts bin says it all.  ADVRider forum is a good place but some take it to far. Anal.
Back to top Go down

To rescue or junk....
Page 1 of 1