Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wiring up Spotlights
To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeby GoonerKev Today at 10:53 am

» soon to be new wing owner
To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeby Pastor Ron Today at 10:31 am

» Can you Dr. Frankenstein a Silver Wing?
To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeby dspevack Today at 9:49 am

» Engine temperature gauge
To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeby The Bern Today at 9:26 am

» My first Service
To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeby The Bern Today at 9:23 am

» New Irish member
To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeby Mike from NS Today at 7:58 am

» Health--old farts riding and staying with it.
To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:58 am

» New (to me) Wing on the street
To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeby Mike from NS Today at 7:55 am

» new member here
To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeby cotetoi Yesterday at 7:52 am

» Recent 2000 mile scooter trip
To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeby dekare Yesterday at 7:49 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

To rescue or junk....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sc00ter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2018-07-16

To rescue or junk.... Empty
PostSubject: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 12:41 am

I replaced my Burgman 200 with a new Piaggio Liberty 150. A friend needed something smaller to ride so I traded him my Burgman for a beat to crap 2002 Silverwing. I wish I was picture posting savvy because all of you would freak at the condition! It runs good, is hot wired, missing mad panels, nasty seat and its sitting in my garage. Has a clear title but Im not sure if its a salvage or not, still need to go and get it and the box of included spares. My friend says make it a street fighter. Very tempted to do "something" with it but its so beat-up.....
Back to top Go down
Mighty Mouse
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Mighty Mouse

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2017-05-03

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 1:19 am

It might be beat up on the outside, but how's the engine?
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 701
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 4:53 am

So long as it's mechanically sound I'd say nip to the breakers/wreakers yard & get some panels bud

[Admin Edit] http://myrtlebeachmotorsportssalvage.com
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 1542
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 7:15 am

I agree with the above, if the motor is sound and you are good at patching things up...then go for it!!! Sounds like a challenge!
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
exavid

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2019 1:59 am

It's satisfying to refurbish a abused, neglected bike. I used to have a shop where I refurbished older mostly none running Goldwings. Nice to bring something back to decent shape and save it from the junkyard.

A service manual from Helm Inc. is a very good tool to have on hand. Helm has a license to reproduce out of print Honda service manuals. WELL worth the cost.

Ebay is your friend when looking for reasonably priced used parts.

Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2019 11:14 pm

I have a factory service manual for the 2002 beat-up Silverwing I got stuck with. I can also reference my wifes Silverwing if needed. Good story on hers, will post it in the trike section. Gonna see if I can get someone to help me post pictures. I might start pulling it apart and see what Im up against.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 2975
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2019 9:11 am

sc00ter wrote:
Gonna see if I can get someone to help me post pictures. I might start pulling it apart and see what Im up against.

Here is a link to a "How to" pdf JeffR, our fearess leader, posted a while back: https://www.silverwing600.com/download.forum?id=466

Actually, some of the screen shots in that pdf have since changed but the steps are pretty much the same. HTH

Tim
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2019 4:09 pm

I have yet to even touch the trashy Silverwing. I did steal the battery to get the trike started while the trikes battery was charging. So, if one of you Swing guys wants to take on a heck of a challenge OR wants a running parts scooter the 2002 Silverwing is up for grabs. Not sure if it has a salvage title as I still need to get the title. Gonna offer it back to the guy who gave it to me also, but I dont think he has the space. Dummies think it can be registered as a moped, and others want to scrap it for beer money. To those people-GO AWAY! To everyone else who thinks they can do something with it hit me up via PM. Maybe one of you can bribe Evil Twin into taking pictures of it to scare away the mortals! Also, Im not delivering it. My motorcycle trailer has been sitting for so long both tires are low and the wheel chock got rusted in place and stripped out. You will have to pick it up.
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2019 10:57 am

Forgot to mention, free. I need the space and just dont wanna spend the time on it.
Back to top Go down
EvilTwin
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
EvilTwin

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2017-05-30

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 4:04 pm

Did I hear my name be mentioned? Shoot me a PM, I might take it for free. But need to understand whats going on with the title. Or shoot me something with the pix and I can post them for ya.

Bob
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 8:41 pm

PM sent.
Back to top Go down
EvilTwin
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
EvilTwin

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2017-05-30

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2019 10:19 am

Scooter (Sam) sent me the pix on this sad case.   As much as I love projects, the saner side of me says I don't have anywhere to store the bike and I don't need the grief from the wife.  So I'm posting the pix he send me here so if somebody else wants to give it a try, they can contact him directly.

To rescue or junk.... L7Xtlg9

To rescue or junk.... KtJSHOk

To rescue or junk.... FmfhY9V

To rescue or junk.... F2rsAwF

To rescue or junk.... DGdSK77

To rescue or junk.... EQiJWxP

To rescue or junk.... JnfYuKA

To rescue or junk.... 7YVHqpg
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: To rescue or junk....   To rescue or junk.... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2019 11:45 am

Thanks for posting the pictures! It will hopefully bring in a sucker, I mean scooter rehab person, interested in a parts scoot or fixer upper. I will be seeing/getting the title this Friday hopefully and will post if its a salvage or not. Im still thinking street fighter in a Mad Max style if I cant dump, oops-pass it onto someone. Any takers? Lowest offer wins!
Back to top Go down

To rescue or junk....
Page 1 of 1