Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
aftermarket  oem belt - Belt removal tool I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 1:55 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
aftermarket  oem belt - Belt removal tool I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
aftermarket  oem belt - Belt removal tool I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
aftermarket  oem belt - Belt removal tool I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
aftermarket  oem belt - Belt removal tool I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
aftermarket  oem belt - Belt removal tool I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
aftermarket  oem belt - Belt removal tool I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
aftermarket  oem belt - Belt removal tool I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
aftermarket  oem belt - Belt removal tool I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
aftermarket  oem belt - Belt removal tool I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Belt removal tool

Go down 
+2
The Bern
Lugwrench
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lugwrench
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2018-08-15

aftermarket  oem belt - Belt removal tool Empty
PostSubject: Belt removal tool   aftermarket  oem belt - Belt removal tool I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2018 3:51 pm

Where can I find decent instructions and measurements for making belt removal tool. I have watched this silent movie video of how to make tool. But it is hard to tell exact measurements. I have tried the Leroy Beal thing but am unable to see pics or the pdf.

I purchased 1/8x1" steel and there 1/4 1 1/2" bolts and nuts.

where do I go from here?
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Belt removal tool   aftermarket  oem belt - Belt removal tool I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2018 4:05 pm

Lugwrench wrote:

I purchased 1/8x1" steel and there 1/4 1 1/2" bolts and nuts.

where do I go from here?

You tube ..................................

Back to top Go down
Lugwrench
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Belt removal tool   aftermarket  oem belt - Belt removal tool I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2018 6:08 pm

Thank You would help to have list of supplies and measurements. Or can you aproximate from video.
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Belt removal tool   aftermarket  oem belt - Belt removal tool I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2018 6:25 pm

I use a piece of scrap 1/4" plywood abut 6" wide and roughly 18" long. To approximate the holes just measure them on the variator. Drill the holes and push thru the bolts you already have. At the centre between the small holes you need to make a 1" round hole to fit the centre nut thru and your wrench. Works perfectly for me every time.
Use washers on both sides to make it really sturdy.

Jay.
Back to top Go down
Lugwrench
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Belt removal tool   aftermarket  oem belt - Belt removal tool I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2018 10:18 pm

Thank you good information.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Belt removal tool   aftermarket  oem belt - Belt removal tool I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2018 7:03 am

Lugwrench wrote:
Thank You would help to have list of supplies and measurements.  Or can you aproximate from video.

If you actually watch the video bud, you will see that he holds a tape measure against the componants
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Belt removal tool   aftermarket  oem belt - Belt removal tool I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2018 1:43 pm

Cotetoi has is right. Lump of wood with three holes, the outer 2 about 100mm apart to hold the little bolts which fit into the variator and a bigger central hole for your socket. It works for undoing and torquing up the bolt. Very important that, torque it up right. And its tight so you might need a breaker bar or socket extension to undo it.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Belt removal tool   aftermarket  oem belt - Belt removal tool I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2018 4:52 pm

The length of that tool is 18 inches, the short arm is 7 inches. I also added a 6 inch length of (maybe 1" id) thick vinyl tubing squished down to fit on the end of the long arm. Like a hand grip.

When used the tool the arm rests on the floor board when removing the Variator bolt, and on the Driven Pulley torque spring when reinstalling the bolt. All cushioned by the hand grip.

The ability to rest on the floor depends of whether you configure the bolts so that the short arm is down then used. 18 inches Will also allow the arm to hit the floor or center stand arm when reinstalling the Variator bolt.

I hope that I'm making sense here.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Lugwrench
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Belt removal tool   aftermarket  oem belt - Belt removal tool I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2018 10:55 pm

Thanks Tim that has given me the information I was looking for. I just bought the bar and bolts so another project to do.
Back to top Go down
Scootypuff Snr
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Scootypuff Snr

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2017-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Belt removal tool   aftermarket  oem belt - Belt removal tool I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2018 12:11 pm

Some great pointers & tips, thanks for sharing folks and luckily for me I have a "Bern" willing to show me how to change the belt at any time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Belt removal tool   aftermarket  oem belt - Belt removal tool I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Belt removal tool
Page 1 of 1