Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Amazing Silver Wing! I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Today at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Amazing Silver Wing! I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Amazing Silver Wing! I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Amazing Silver Wing! I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Amazing Silver Wing! I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Amazing Silver Wing! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Amazing Silver Wing! I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Amazing Silver Wing! I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Amazing Silver Wing! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Amazing Silver Wing! I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Amazing Silver Wing!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Amazing Silver Wing! Empty
PostSubject: Amazing Silver Wing!   Amazing Silver Wing! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 8:39 am

For anyone on the fence about these scooters...  Since I purchased mine in 2012, I have ridden lots of miles and with lots of bikes (mostly H-D). They are always amazed how well the scooter hangs with them.  Granted it doesn't make as much NOISE but it sure runs great. Went up a mountain road with a friend last week (he rides a GL1800) and he could not believe I flew up the hill faster than he and did so well with 600cc.

Yesterday I rode with a small group from our Legion Rider Post on a 150 mile jaunt to visit another Post for their grand re-opening. One of the guys and his lady were on a H-D, it was the first time I had ridden with him, and he was very surprised at how well the scooter did when we were riding. He and I split off from the others and headed home and he asked me to lead! So I did! So don't feel that you have to give up anything by riding a SWing.  Pretty amazing scooters for certain.
Attachments
Amazing Silver Wing! Attachmentpost117.JPG
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(40 Kb) Downloaded 14 times
Back to top Go down
easlingn
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
easlingn

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2017-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Silver Wing!   Amazing Silver Wing! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 9:46 am

2 years ago wife and I spent 7 months touring the west in our motorhome and '03 Swing. Did a lot of riding along the coast from Washington to Southern California. We stayed in Brenda, AZ for 4 months and had some of our more memorable rides while there.
While in Brenda we made friends with 4 other couples that rode Harleys and 1 Goldwing and did a lot of riding in the area. (including Wickenburg) One day we all went from Brenda to Prescot, AZ where there is a lot of twisties and elevation changes. My wife rode with me so we were 2 up on the swing and we had no trouble keeping up on the steep climbs and sharp twisties. (sure impressed the others).
The Swing sure is a great ride with great handling and power enough to ride with anyone.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Amazing Silver Wing! 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Silver Wing!   Amazing Silver Wing! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 10:55 am

easlingn wrote:
The Swing sure is a great ride with great handling and power enough to ride with anyone.

The ones it won't keep up with, you probably don't care to ride with.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Silver Wing!   Amazing Silver Wing! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 8:35 pm

SW is a sleeper. Surprises a lot of people with its speed and cornering abilities. Sometimes I wish it had about 25 more HP though then I could get into real trouble.

Passing Harleys is a nice thing. Seems they always slow for curves and stink. Loud pipes are a pain to listen to.
Back to top Go down
easlingn
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
easlingn

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2017-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Silver Wing!   Amazing Silver Wing! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 9:06 pm

Passing Harleys is a nice thing. Seems they always slow for curves and stink. Loud pipes are a pain to listen to.

I read somewhere that about 80 % of the harleys were still on the road. (the other 20 % got home OK)

Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Silver Wing!   Amazing Silver Wing! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 8:49 am

I got a wave from two Harley riders last summer. I was ready to pull out after putting on my rain gear on the side of the highway when these two went by me. They must have been going 130 km/h. I figured if I could keep up with them I'd have a slim chance of outrunning the gathering rain storm.
We were doing just fine at that speed passing the slower traffic until they pulled in behind a slow one ! I thought: what the &*(( are you doing? !!!! I cranked a bit more and passed them. And then they pull out behind me and I could see they were trying to catch up. I don't normally speed, but I figured this was as good an opportunity as any to find out what the beast could do ! I stayed ahead of the Harleys , going close to 160 km/h or better at times. I still felt there was more to get but I decided not to find out.
When I got to my off ramp, I got a nice wave from them. I don't know if they ever figured out what buzzed by them that day !

Jay.

PS: From that day I don't feel the need to engage in such stupid behavior: I know I am riding a SilverWing, and it can fly if it has to !
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Silver Wing!   Amazing Silver Wing! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 7:52 pm

SW will do 105-6 mph. GPS indicated speed. Speed o the same accurate.  Down hill has no more 8500 RPM on the rev limiter. 100 is hard to reach on a level road but can be done.

80% of Harleys are on the side of road fixing something. Laughing    OR at the local watering hole.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Silver Wing!   Amazing Silver Wing! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amazing Silver Wing!
Page 1 of 1