Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Insurance for two wheelers I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Insurance for two wheelers I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Insurance for two wheelers I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Insurance for two wheelers I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Insurance for two wheelers I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Insurance for two wheelers I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Insurance for two wheelers I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Insurance for two wheelers I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Insurance for two wheelers I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Insurance for two wheelers I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Insurance for two wheelers

Go down 
+7
GHM-PM
cube
Mech 1 twa
Easyrider
bikehiker
bikerboy
john grinsel
11 posters
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3296
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Insurance for two wheelers Empty
PostSubject: Insurance for two wheelers   Insurance for two wheelers I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2018 6:39 am

Dec =time to renew insurance on my CB300F-----I think it pays to shop around to end up with fair priced insurance-----last year GEICO wanted $600 for full coverage on my bike....they rated it as sports bike---this year it is rated different maybe $350 annual.

With only liability/comprehensive I used Allstate for $104 annual, this year that policy re-news for $90.   As TN is high cost Insurance state, this is good price.  I do not need full coverage, bike is paid for, maybe used value of $2000----if I dump it, etc, i am willing to eat repair costs .

Several years ago, SilverWing, USAA lured me with nice low cost for bike, then at re-new time...rate went up to $800...I dropped them. So you need to watch out.

Note: I do not need medical payment---as I have 3 medical insurances,so do not worry about that area.

I have never made insurance claim in 65 years of riding.
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Insurance for two wheelers   Insurance for two wheelers I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2018 6:46 am

It's the same the world around. There is no reward for loyalty except to get screwed over. The UK government is looking into this at the moment but I'm not holding my breath waiting for a result that favours the customer!
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Insurance for two wheelers   Insurance for two wheelers I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2018 2:26 pm

I have Progressive who treated me great after a spill on my BMW F800 ST. Annual had been a little over $100 US, even AFTER my expensive spill and large damage payout. Like Harleys, everything on a BMW is about 5 times standard cost. Progressive even gives reimbursement for accessories (even my cheap $100 canvass saddle bags).

I was surprised to see my new annual bill when I switched to the SWing: up $50 more (to about $150 annual) for a bike that's 200 cc's smaller (though about 100+ pounds heavier). Maybe it's the additional plastic on the SWing. Maybe their previous payout to me got registered and finally recognized. But I'm still ahead with Progressive. So far, they have treated me well. They also gave me free roadside assistance for having been a customer for over 10 years.
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Insurance for two wheelers   Insurance for two wheelers I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2018 3:34 pm

Bikehiker,
+ for Progressive insurance. I just placed my 2004 Swing in storage and dropped a lot of coverages. Net policy cost $75 for today thru August 9, 2019. Reduced my liability, Max my deductible, removed medical coverage. Bike in storage and do not need the coverages.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Insurance for two wheelers   Insurance for two wheelers I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2018 8:38 pm

+3 on Progressive. Good rates for last 3 years no increase and the more bikes you have its cheaper. Odd thing is I sold one bike and rates went up $17 and it was the oldest one.  Question

Never made a claim and hope I never have to.  Edit GO with FLO
Back to top Go down
cube
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2018-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Insurance for two wheelers   Insurance for two wheelers I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2018 1:03 am

+1 on Progressive here too.. over 15 years with them.

I have to loudly recommend people avoid State Farm. Rates aren't bad, but the Claims department is horrible for bikes. I'm still fighting with them over the fiancee's bike... they state that it's only worth $2800 for a 2007 with less than 3k miles "based on comps on CycleTrader" and will only give me $2200 "and let me keep the bike". Maybe to them that's fair, but I'm planning on moving all my insurance as soon as I settle the claim.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Insurance for two wheelers   Insurance for two wheelers I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2018 8:06 am

I tried USAA/Progressive and they were OK until renewal then the rate went through the roof. USAA doesn't offer motorcycle they hand off to Progressive. I have now been with Dairyland for 5 years and they keep the rates low so I am happy:

https://www.dairylandinsurance.com/motorcycle?gclid=Cj0KCQjwxvbdBRC0ARIsAKmec9YvS3-1tHqJUcvZd6DpoQrrUQ9iVfRzzvU6sYeyVq4MwRuZp-XYpF4aAsiAEALw_wcB

One caveat, CALL for a quote do not do online. They can get you better discounts if you actually TALK to them. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
lewjayjr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2017-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Insurance for two wheelers   Insurance for two wheelers I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2018 3:19 pm

I have mine with Foremost thru AARP. Been pretty reasonable and I have never had a claim against them.
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2018-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Insurance for two wheelers   Insurance for two wheelers I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2018 10:52 pm

Progressive here. So far, so good. But I plan to shop around and try to get a better deal when I decide to combine my homeowners and auto/bike policies. My homeowners insurance is still thru Allstate but I want to drop them because they are expen$ive and have terrible customer service. Funny thing to note about Progressive. The more bikes you have the better price. I added my 98 Yamaha Zuma, yes- a moped, for a whopping $20 a year and my overall savings are easily 5 times that now for a multiple (3 scooters) policy!
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Insurance for two wheelers   Insurance for two wheelers I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 1:17 am

Yep, me too, been with Flo for awhile now. She's providing insurance for my bikes, cars and house. So far so good. They were real good getting a tow truck to me in the mountains around here when my old Jeep TJ blew the top off it's radiator due to a defective radiator cap.
Back to top Go down
joebillybobinark
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Insurance for two wheelers   Insurance for two wheelers I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 2:51 am

i have three total scoots ('13 swing, '12 swing and k7 burgie 400)

thru geico I pay $48/month..

I might need to shop around!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insurance for two wheelers   Insurance for two wheelers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Insurance for two wheelers
Page 1 of 1