Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeby Mighty Mouse Today at 4:47 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Neat pad for SWing sidestand.

Go down 
+11
terrier
The Bern
Scootypuff Snr
Meldrew
GHM-PM
MikeO
nooner
silverwing2008
Mech 1 twa
bikehiker
Cosmic_Jumper
15 posters
AuthorMessage
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Neat pad for SWing sidestand. Empty
PostSubject: Neat pad for SWing sidestand.   Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2018 10:16 am

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FXCNC-For-Honda-NC700-Integra-CBR500R-2013-2014-Motor-Kickstand-Side-Stand-Pad/253904992649?hash=item3b1deab989:g:nT4AAOSw~FlbkPvX&vxp=mtr

I ordered one of these before I left for the summer so could not give feedback on here. Just got back and installed it! Easy to install and looks good too!

This says it is for the NC700 but fits perfectly on the Silver Wing!  If you are looking for something to give a bit of height to the side stand and a little more grip this is for you.
Attachments
Neat pad for SWing sidestand. Attachment2.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(118 Kb) Downloaded 8 times
Neat pad for SWing sidestand. Attachment1.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(242 Kb) Downloaded 8 times
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Neat pad for SWing sidestand.   Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2018 3:14 pm

I'm in! For under $10 whaddya got to lose? Thanks for the tip Glenn.

Now given that it's coming from China (and free shipping) it'll probably take a couple of months to get here. That's fine for you desert rats in the southwest, but that'll also mean that there'll be two inches of snow in these parts when it does arrive. Still it'll be a nice garage farkle 'till Spring.

Tim
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Neat pad for SWing sidestand.   Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2018 6:10 pm

Thanks, Glenn! This model is exactly what I have been looking for. Tried to DIY one out of various stuff, including good stiff aluminum. Never seemed to be reliable. This should work well and save a few rollovers of this relatively heavy scooter. I see so many scooters with scratches on the plastic borders because these SWings look innocuous and fun-filled, but do carry a lot of unexpected weight that makes it easy to press a small-footed side stand into most turf that isn't cement or macadam/tarmac.

If you check prices on side stand feet, the range goes as high as $90+ for some bikes.

Now I won't as often need to pull out my big foot side stand base that I keep on a sting in my glove box.

Great find! Great price!
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Neat pad for SWing sidestand.   Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2018 7:03 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
I'm in! For under $10 whaddya got to lose? Thanks for the tip Glenn.

Now given that it's coming from China (and free shipping) it'll probably take a couple of months to get here. That's fine for you desert rats in the southwest, but that'll also mean that there'll be two inches of snow in these parts when it does arrive. Still it'll be a nice garage farkle 'till Spring.

Tim

I do not usually order anything from China but this was so cheap I figured what the heck. If memory serves it got here in 2-3 weeks. I wish I had found this 6 years ago... :flower:
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1381
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Neat pad for SWing sidestand.   Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2018 8:30 pm

That's nice. A bigger foot print won't sink in on soft surfaces. I often pull over on gravel areas to drink some water drain some water. Always try to find a rock to place stand to avoid tip overs this will help.
Nice find.
Back to top Go down
silverwing2008
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2017-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Neat pad for SWing sidestand.   Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2018 8:48 pm

bada** Moto Gear Motorcycle Kickstand Pad -
Purchased this from Amazon to help with that problem, $8.29 each
Back to top Go down
nooner
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2017-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Neat pad for SWing sidestand.   Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2018 9:46 pm

Great suggestion. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Neat pad for SWing sidestand.   Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 2:22 pm

It's available from Amazon.co.uk as well:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dautomotive&field-keywords=FXCNC+For+Honda+NC700+Integra+CBR500R+2013-2014+Motor+Kickstand+Side+Stand+Pad
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Neat pad for SWing sidestand.   Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 9:34 pm

UPDATE: I took a 60+ mile ride today and tried out the kickstand pad. Color me sold. It raised the scoot up enough that it is not nearly as tippy. Pad is much bigger and gives a more firm footing.

So for the price it is hard to beat...
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4174
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Neat pad for SWing sidestand.   Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 3:20 am

There's been loads of those cheapo side stand pads for sale on eBay for a long time now, coming in all sorts of shapes and colours.

They're basically copies of the expensive side stand pads that German accessories companies like Touratech, Wunderlich, and SW-Motech sell for big adventure bikes.
Back to top Go down
Scootypuff Snr
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Scootypuff Snr

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2017-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Neat pad for SWing sidestand.   Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 3:32 am

Thanks Glen for the pointer & feedback.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Neat pad for SWing sidestand.   Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 12:15 pm

Scootypuff Snr wrote:
Thanks Glen for the pointer & feedback.

If you got one for your X-ADV that should fit sraight on bud :Happy Holiday:
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Neat pad for SWing sidestand.   Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 9:19 am

Another update:

The link above is old here is a new one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kickstand-Side-Stand-Extension-Plate-Pad-For-Honda-NC700S-X-CB500F-X-CBR500R/283334033803?hash=item41f806418bⓂm3R1RmE6UjzjdGNIZu7m5Ug

After a year I am still sold on this item, should be standard equipment on the SWing. One caveat though, I took a 100 mile ride last Saturday and at one stop the pad fell off! Luckily I saw it, seems a couple of screws had backed out. Got some new ones and reattached with Loctite so problem should be solved.

So if you get one of these be warned and use Loctite or similar on the install.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Neat pad for SWing sidestand.   Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 10:34 am

I had to smile when I was reading this, (honest!) I've had a couple of these Chinese made CNC machined side stand pads this year for my Forza. There's loads of them for sale on eBay, and they're about ten bucks

Pad number one arrived within a couple of weeks and was beautifully made, but the surface area of the top plate didn't really cover much of the side stand, and it came off somewhere in North Yorkshire.

There was also a matching two piece plate to go on the prong on the side stand to aid pushing it down with your foot. Again beautifully made, but only one of the two plates was machined to take the prong, so the two pieces could be sandwiched and screwed together.

So it was Contact the Seller time, sending off photos and messages to the Chinese seller's English speaking contact. They were very nice and apologetic and I got a refund a few weeks later.

Undeterred I ordered Pad number two, a different more substantial design with the screws on the baseplate this time. Again it was a beautifully machined piece of alloy or “aloo-min-um”, and again the top plate it didn't really surround the side stand foot that securely.

In fact there's been a couple of times I thought it had dropped off somewhere out on the road, and on both occasions it was on the ground outside my garage when I arrived back home.

To prevent losing it again I used a strip of double sided Gorilla tape sandwiched between the bottom of the side stand foot and the base plate, and that seemed to do the trick. This one's a keeper I thought.

Then I took the Forza on a trip to Reims and the Champagne-Ardennes region of France early last month. There I was quite content eating fresh baguette, grapes, and cheese that smelled like sweaty feet,.

Then I discovered the pad had dropped off somewhere a couple of days into my trip. Sacre Bleú or words to that effect! Wink

Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2015-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Neat pad for SWing sidestand.   Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 2:12 pm

Been watching this thread with interest. While'st there seems to be questions regarding the fit and quality of these side stand pads it's something I've been thinking about for a while to make using the sidestand a bit more stable. I'd be interested to know if the sidestand still folds up ok without the pad fouling the bodywork. A photo would be nice if anyone has one to get a better idea of how it looks.
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Neat pad for SWing sidestand.   Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 2:26 pm

1. The pad doesn't interfere with the bodywork.
2. Epoxy.
3. Loctite.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Neat pad for SWing sidestand.   Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 3:14 pm

terrier wrote:
Been watching this thread with interest.  While'st there seems to be questions regarding the fit and quality of these side stand pads it's something I've been thinking about for a while to make using the sidestand a bit more stable. I'd be interested to know if the sidestand still folds up ok without the pad fouling the bodywork.  A photo would be nice if anyone has one to get a better idea of how it looks.

If you look at the original post there are two pictures...
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2015-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Neat pad for SWing sidestand.   Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 3:55 pm

Thanks for that Glenn. I'm away on holiday just now and using a tablet and for some reason I'm not able to open the photos. I'm home at the weekend so I'll have a look on my PC.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 928
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Neat pad for SWing sidestand.   Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 4:26 pm

I can't open pics either. Sez I don't have permission to download attachments. I guess I'll have to wait until the boss gets home from work and ask nicely for permission.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Neat pad for SWing sidestand.   Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 5:12 pm

terrier wrote:
Thanks for that Glenn.  I'm away on holiday just now and using a tablet and for some reason I'm not able to open the photos.  I'm home at the weekend so I'll have a look on my PC.

You must be logged in to the forum to see the photos. Maybe that is the rub.
Back to top Go down
Mighty Mouse
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Mighty Mouse

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2017-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Neat pad for SWing sidestand.   Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2019 3:23 am

Logged in but also don't have permission to view those images. I've ordered it anyway. I often find the Swing difficult to lift off the stand from a tilted road margin. I have to park in loose dirt frequently when marshaling events and carry a large alu plate to put under the foot but this will help.
Now to wait 3 months for it to arrive...... Smile
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3294
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Neat pad for SWing sidestand.   Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2019 7:22 am

I use one---same one has been on SilverWing, CB300F and now Kymco XTown 300i----couple of times bolts got a little loose. I guess can keep bike from tipping on soft ground/pavement.

Actually bikes/scooters should come with adequate stands! Maybe if designers/company big shots actually rode.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Neat pad for SWing sidestand.   Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2019 9:53 am

I found that with both the side stand foot/pads that I had on my Forza all the weight was on the heel of them, as it was the only part where the paint scratched through to the metal.

For what these cheapo Chinese made side stand pads cost they're OK, the downside is they're probably listed as a general fit for a wide variety of bikes and scooters. They don't clamp on as securely as the model specific and more expensive side stand pads that Touratech make for BMW's, where the top plate surrounds the foot of the side stand and is snugly screwed on to the base plate.

I may buy another eBay special, although there only seems to be two specific versions and I tried both. They do look good on the Forza, but in reality they should be machined better so you can clamp them on tightly and forget about them. You shouldn't have to use some type of adhesive as a secondary measure to keep them in place.

Of course that freebie promotional plastic puck in my top box will do the same job, it's been good enough to prevent a lardass 650 Burgman's side stand digging into the the soft ground of campsites.
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2019-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Neat pad for SWing sidestand.   Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2019 2:31 pm

This is what I use, with a hole in it and string attached to the inside of left had glove box, pull string when side stand up, simple.Neat pad for SWing sidestand. Puck-510
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neat pad for SWing sidestand.   Neat pad for SWing sidestand. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Neat pad for SWing sidestand.
Page 1 of 1