Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Givi Screen Fitted today

Go down 
+6
Mech 1 twa
Cosmic_Jumper
Tn Traveler
MikeO
Foxy
robbo
10 posters
AuthorMessage
robbo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2018-06-17

New Givi Screen Fitted today Empty
PostSubject: New Givi Screen Fitted today   New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 1:10 pm

Well I'm happy to report that the screen fitting process on the newer twin headlight European version seems to be a piece of cake compared with the single headlight version.

1. Simply remove the 2 x crosshead screws in the airvents

New Givi Screen Fitted today I-gmKPtZR-XL

2. Then pull gently on the bottom of the 'V' in the airvent, and after a couple of seconds of wiggling, it comes off.

New Givi Screen Fitted today I-hrWf63r-XL

3. Remove the 4 x 10mm bolts to remove the original

New Givi Screen Fitted today I-zstLJzP-XL

4. Stand back and admire your handiwork. Best 15 minutes I've spent in a long time Surprised

New Givi Screen Fitted today I-nR2b87w-XL

New Givi Screen Fitted today I-cfQS5kf-XL

I'll give an update tomorrow when I can wind it up a bit on the dual carriageway.
Back to top Go down
Foxy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Foxy

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2018-06-23

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Screen Fitted today   New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 1:59 pm

I would love to fit a Givi screen to mine, before heading to Belgium next month, but they are a bit spendy for me at the moment and I fancy the adjustable one. This will be useful information when it comes to my doing it though, thanks for the "how to". Smile
Back to top Go down
robbo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Screen Fitted today   New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 2:41 pm

Theyre quite reasonable over here, I got mine in the sale here for 109EUR, which was good, and included postage :-)
https://www.motocard.com/en/windshields-2/givi-af214.aspx £127 in case the currency doesn't show up correctly.
It does say until 2009, but that's when they went to the twin headlight ones here I think?

Good luck and enjoy the Belgian trip.../Rob
Back to top Go down
Foxy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Screen Fitted today   New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 6:54 pm

So who can answer... are the pre 2009 screens actually different profiles from the 2010 on?
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3810
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Screen Fitted today   New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2018 8:01 am

No, identical.
The Givi AF 214 fits all Silverwings of the 'old' shape.
My 2009 and 2014 models both had or have that screen, both came with the original screens which were narrow!
Back to top Go down
Foxy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Screen Fitted today   New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2018 12:43 pm

Thanks for confirming that MikeO.
Back to top Go down
Tn Traveler
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2017-06-17

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Screen Fitted today   New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2018 4:24 pm

All:
I have a GEVI windshield on my scooter. ???? when it rains , the
rain stays on the w/shield. It seems there's not enough wind force to
blow it off to the sides. @ 30 mph or 60 mph - any speed
Anyone have this problem?
Thoughts please...
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Screen Fitted today   New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2018 5:48 pm

Yes, rain will bead up on the screen. Especially at lower speeds. Hopefully you are not of the "look thru the windscreen" persuasion when you should be looking over the screen. If so, you're just going to have to purchase some magic concoction which purports to eliminate that beading problem.

Barring that you may need to trim down the screen to the proper height So that the wind, rain and bugs get deflected over your helmet.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1384
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Screen Fitted today   New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2018 8:37 pm

Rain X for plastic. Never tried it don't know if it works.
Back to top Go down
Tn Traveler
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2017-06-17

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Screen Fitted today   New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2018 8:52 am

Top is about 1.5" below my line of sight. I have a good air flow front
and behind the w/shield. never tried rainx on plastic. somewhere i think
i read it would cloud the screen. i'll check a can at the auto store. i know
it's great on glass w/shields.

thanks
Back to top Go down
robbo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Screen Fitted today   New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2018 1:58 pm

I took it off again, my line of sight was about an inch BELOW the screen, which I found surprising as I'm 6'3" and most people who ride scooters here are wayyyy shorter than me. The other surprising thing was the lack of wind and air circulating, so I was roasting. OK, that's more of a problem in the south of France than UK, but still. I might cut a couple of inches off and re-install it in the winter :-)
Back to top Go down
Scootypuff Snr
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Scootypuff Snr

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2017-04-21

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Screen Fitted today   New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2018 2:01 pm

Robbo would you not be better trying to add a lip to the original screen than butcher a new givi thst you'd most likely get money back on second hand
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Screen Fitted today   New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2018 2:48 pm

I had a Laminar Lip on my X9 (on the orignal screen); it was just the ticket.
I think if I'd bought the 'ears' for the Silverwing Lip it would probably have been just as good.
Back to top Go down
Foxy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Screen Fitted today   New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2018 4:33 pm

They do a Rain-X for plastics specifically. Yes indeed the glass version will cloud most plastic screens.
Back to top Go down
Scootypuff Snr
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Scootypuff Snr

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2017-04-21

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Screen Fitted today   New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2018 4:58 pm

I use this, years old now (out of date) but still works a treat.
Used for helicopter screens. Try asking at a local airfieldNew Givi Screen Fitted today 20180811
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Screen Fitted today   New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2018 5:17 pm

I seem to remember Waspie, a former member here and helicopter engineer, used to use something similar.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1384
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Screen Fitted today   New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2018 8:49 pm

Rain X . Just for plastic newer product. Its out there.
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Screen Fitted today   New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2018 12:03 am

I fitted a GIVI two piece and it is an excellent mod. I look "over "all the time.
Back to top Go down
robbo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Screen Fitted today   New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2018 12:27 am

Scootypuff Snr wrote:
Robbo would you not be better trying to add a lip to the original screen than butcher a new givi thst you'd most likely get money back on second hand

Dang, that's what I hate about forums, all you people talking sense. hahaha I fear you're right
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4192
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Screen Fitted today   New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2018 2:07 am

Of course there's two Givi screens available for the SW-T Silver Wing. The non adjustable D318 ST that Robbo has fitted and is usually too high for most riders. The other being the height adjustable AF318 Airflow, similar to the popular AF 314 for the FJS/FSC Silver Wings.

As for Rain-X rain repellant, both the OE and the Secdem screens I had on my 650 Burgman were dirt magnets in prolonged rainy weather. I did try treating them with Rain-X after thoroughly washing and drying the screen and it did work.

Rain droplets beaded off, but after a day's wet weather riding it's effectiveness diminished and it was back to a dirty screen. I've never had a problem with the Silver Wing's Airflow, it doesn't get dirty and my Wunderlich spoiler is very good at deflecting rain off my visor.
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1013
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Screen Fitted today   New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2018 3:13 am

Meldrew,
I think you meant the AF 214 is the adjustable screen for the fsc/fjs Swing 600.
Back to top Go down
Foxy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Screen Fitted today   New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2018 3:36 am

Easyrider wrote:
Meldrew,
I think you meant the AF 214 is the adjustable screen for the fsc/fjs Swing 600.

I hope this is riight, as it is the one I am hoping to order soon!!
Would hate to order the wrong one!!
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Screen Fitted today   New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2018 4:04 am

The Givi AF 214 is the correct one for your Silverwing, Foxy.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4192
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Screen Fitted today   New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2018 4:32 am

Easyrider wrote:
Meldrew,

You're right mate, a simple slip of the keypad while the coffee machine was firing up. Anyway, any info required on Givi products is there on their website, and there's more posts and topics on Givi screens on this forum than any other subject.
Back to top Go down
Foxy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Screen Fitted today   New Givi Screen Fitted today I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2018 5:41 am

You're right mate, a simple slip of the keypad while the coffee machine was firing up..[/quote]

A fatal error!! I try to avoid posting anywhere, before consuming a bucket load of coffee first!! Lol
Back to top Go down

New Givi Screen Fitted today
Page 1 of 1