Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hi from Sacramento River Delta I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Hi from Sacramento River Delta I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hi from Sacramento River Delta I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Hi from Sacramento River Delta I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hi from Sacramento River Delta I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Hi from Sacramento River Delta I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hi from Sacramento River Delta I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hi from Sacramento River Delta I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hi from Sacramento River Delta I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Hi from Sacramento River Delta I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hi from Sacramento River Delta

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Hi from Sacramento River Delta Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Sacramento River Delta   Hi from Sacramento River Delta I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 5:49 pm

I recently bought my 2007 Silverwing. I had owned a 2004 SWing which I traded in on a 2008 Burg 400. I was not happy with the B400 and decided to get back on a SWing. I found this unsold 07 ABS model at my nearest dealer and traded in the Burg. So I am happy once again.

My preference is to ride alone and haven't done a group ride for several years since I belonged to the Oakland, CA Blue Knights IV Chapter. Now that I am retired, I ride on weekdays rather than on weekends.

But I enjoy reading posts from various members and find the service & maintenance posts very informative. And I enjoy looking at the photos that are posted by members of their scooters and the places that they've ridden.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Sacramento River Delta   Hi from Sacramento River Delta I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 6:09 pm

TeeMon wrote:
I recently bought my 2007 Silverwing. I had owned a 2004 SWing which I traded in on a 2008 Burg 400. I was not happy with the B400 and decided to get back on a SWing. I found this unsold 07 ABS model at my nearest dealer and traded in the Burg. So I am happy once again.

Welcome back :D

TeeMon wrote:
I was not happy with the B400 and decided to get back on a SWing.

Why were you unhappy with B400??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Sacramento River Delta   Hi from Sacramento River Delta I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 7:01 pm

Things that I disliked about the Burg400 (compared to the SWing):

Lack of top end power/passing power; Lack of power on immediate take off; I really disliked the "lawn mower" engine sound; It was not an easy bike for me to add accessories or make modifications; Expensive service/maintenance costs; Lacked the linked braking system & ABS that my SWing has; less stable in cross winds; and a few other things that I no longer have to think about.

Things that I liked about the B400: Lighter weight made it easy to manuever & better gas mileage
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Welcome   Hi from Sacramento River Delta I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 7:12 pm

Former CHP or other. I don't think I would trade my Swing except for newer one somewhere down the road. It is a join to ride. Helps that my wife likes to ride also and has her own 2003 swing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Sacramento River Delta   Hi from Sacramento River Delta I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 7:15 pm

Welcome Tony. I just bought a new Silverwing and it's still at the dealers. I have a Helix and the wind really pushes me. I'm excited and hoping that the Silverwing will do better with the added weight and bigger tires. Glad to read that in your post.
I ride mostly by myself also. I love to just turn down a road and see where I end up. sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Sacramento River Delta   Hi from Sacramento River Delta I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 7:58 pm

Welcome! :D
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Sacramento River Delta   Hi from Sacramento River Delta I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 9:25 pm

Tony,

Welcome to the group and back to the SWing circle. I remember when you bought your Burgman and then sold it for the new SWing. Post a pic or 2 if you haven't done so yet and maybe go to the Frappr section and post a pin too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Sacramento River Delta   Hi from Sacramento River Delta I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 6:58 pm

Welcome in! I also like to ride by myself. Usually on a warm summer evening after dinner. I get on the S'wing and just go. No planned destination, just ride wherever the roads take me. However the one time I rode with a local scooter club, that was a blast also.
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Sacramento River Delta   Hi from Sacramento River Delta I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:38 pm

Hi Tony,
Welcome to the forum.

DennisB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Sacramento River Delta   Hi from Sacramento River Delta I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi from Sacramento River Delta
Page 1 of 1