Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Important Topic for Site

Go down 
+14
Modernman1953
terrier
cotetoi
sonuvabug
bikehiker
john grinsel
ItBeMe
oldwingguy
The Bern
DickO
Dale N.
Bairdb
Mech 1 twa
JeffR
18 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Important Topic for Site Empty
PostSubject: Important Topic for Site   Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 6:07 pm

< Snip > I'm thinking of shutting this site down when the credits run out to keep ads off this site and to pay for storage to keep pictures and attachments.  So if you need to download anything you may want to do this.  I have never charged anyone for anything and have always endorsed all other sites so everyone knows what other sites are out there.

Thanks for the great years,

Jeff

"Say it ain't so, Jeff"

This is going to tear our family apart.

Holy crap, Jeff, this is like getting a late night call telling you that your kid's at the hospital and you should come right sway. Then you get taken to the private "Family Room".

Last edited by JeffR on Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Important Topic for Site   Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 7:15 pm

Thanks for all you have done. Some people think its a free ride. You and others manage this site because its what you want to do. I've seen other sites go away because Admins are tired of BS and abuse from others. THANKS.
Back to top Go down
Bairdb
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2017-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Important Topic for Site   Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 8:27 pm

Jeff,
I want add my thanks for your efforts to help us all understand and enjoy our Silverwings. You have my sincere appreciation for starting and maintaining "the best Silverwing site on the web."
Blain
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Important Topic for Site   Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 10:44 pm

Jeff,
I also want to say Thank You for this site. As I've said in the past, This is the best SWing site on the net.

Thanks for what you've done and I do appreciate it a lot. I've learned so much from just being a member here.

Heck, I'd even be more than willing to pay a fee.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Important Topic for Site   Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 1:55 am

Just want to echo the thank-you's and other complimentary comments on this subject. As far as I'm concerned, there just ain't no where else to go. That's why I've been around since the beginning.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Important Topic for Site   Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 4:12 am

Well done Jeff & Team. I would agree with all the others have said thus far, and further to Dale's comment, I think most on here would be happy to donate to the running costs.
Happy Easter to one & all
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Important Topic for Site   Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 7:10 am

Fee me, just don't go away. Complainers are everywhere complaining about any and everything.
Back to top Go down
ItBeMe
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2017-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Important Topic for Site   Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 7:47 am

Jeff keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Important Topic for Site   Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 9:16 am

Keep on going---Silverwings will be around for awhile.....Honda may never enter the true big real scooter market again.
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Important Topic for Site   Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 11:10 am

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto......
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Important Topic for Site   Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 11:18 am

JeffR wrote:
< Snip > I'm thinking of shutting this site down when the credits run out ...
Thanks for the great years, Jeff

Jeff, I thank you and your team, for your time, resources and contributions to our shared interests.  

You and your admin team can feel good about yourselves for having managed a very good website ... and about the many positive contributions you have collectively made.  

I will not miss the immature nonsense or narrow mindedness displayed by some members, but I will miss all the good things which fortunately, was the majority of content on this site.

May the road rise up to meet you ... cheers   ~ BugJr ~
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Important Topic for Site   Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 1:23 pm

My thanks too, Jeff.
Jay.
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2015-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Important Topic for Site   Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 2:03 pm

I'd also like to add my thanks and gratitude to yourself and the team.  I've learned a great deal from this forum thanks to you and many other forum members.  It's a damn shame that it's had to come to this because of unnecessary aggrivation and childish nonsense from a minority.  Like others have said I'd privilged to pay a fee to keep this wonderful site going.  I really hope this isn't the end of a road that the majority of us have all travelled so well  Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Den
Back to top Go down
Modernman1953
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2016-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Important Topic for Site   Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 2:41 pm

It is my opinion that an ad supported site is not the end of the world. Just my opinion. I belong to others and I look past those ads with ease.

Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Important Topic for Site   Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 5:10 pm

MM, Unfortunately 2/3rds of JeffR's original post here was deleted in error. IIRC in that missing piece he stated that he was going to shut down the site. One of the reasons, beside the "nattering nabobs of negativity" was that he no longer wanted his name, etc on record as the site platform owner. Seems to me that if that happened there would be no way to move this treasure of information enmass to another site. At best it would go the way of the .org site.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Important Topic for Site   Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 10:59 am

DickO wrote:
Just want to echo the thank-you's and other complimentary comments on this subject.  As far as I'm concerned, there just ain't no where else to go.  That's why I've been around since the beginning.

DickO,

I was looking at the members and when they joined and you were the 4th member to join the site.  JeffR was 1st, Haskell was 2nd, Honda-Silver was 3rd, and DickO was 4th.  I joined, and started this forum, on Dec 19 2008, and the 3 of you joined on Dec 23, 2008.  Dspevack joined on Dec 27, 2008. KurtPerthWa joined on Jan 19, 2009 and papagreggers joined on Mar 31, 2009.  Cosmic-Jumper joined June 12, 2009 and MikeO on June 29, 2009, Rasherman on July 12, 2009. Others that joined a bit after the people above are exavid, Jinglebob, John Grinsel, J.R., and Dice01.

I am looking at the list at the people who joined at the beginning and the above all visited the site in the last couple of ays and all are still active.  Maybe I will see about posting the list of people from long ago.

Thanks to all of you for being just good members for so many years.

Last edited by JeffR on Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ItBeMe
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2017-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Important Topic for Site   Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 11:02 am

thumbs up Jeff thumbs up you da man
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Important Topic for Site   Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 10:46 pm

Very Sad Jeff, Such a long time. Great work on your behalf and a sad moment for the members... Cheers Have a VB or Fosters for me.
Back to top Go down
pgnz
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
pgnz

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2017-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Important Topic for Site   Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 5:23 am

Thank you for all your help during my new, and continuing SW ownership. I guess we do not fully realise what is involved in this endeavour, but thank you immensely for the past and continuing efforts that have gone in to what ALL of us appreciate and value from this service and site.

Cheers

Peter Grant
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Important Topic for Site   Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 2:38 pm

Jeff,
Maybe a one time fee from current members to help you off set your expenses. An addmission fee for new members. Be strict with posters that do not adhere to forum etiquette. Hopefully this will weed out the disruptive members and build a stronger and friendlier site. I believe that the majority of existing members are willing to submit monies to help financially. I know you are against a fee, but maybe this will give the members a better sense of behavior. It is a lot of work just to moderate the forum for which we are all thankful. The fee is not for profit, but is a way for members to do what we can to support your/our site. My 2¢. Thanks

Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Important Topic for Site   Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 7:36 pm

Easyrider,

Thanks for the offer but I would have to set something up to accept money, and it doesn't cost much. I just got tired of coming to the site and hearing people complaining about the smallest things. I'm pretty laidback and have had to work all of my life. And to come on here and just hear people complain about just petty stuff makes me think they have had the easiest lives in the world.

I wish my life was also so easy where the worst thing in the world was a red or green line on a post. But thanks again for offering but it isn't the money at all.

That is why I suggested someone else start a site and all the members and info here can transfer to their site. I just don't want the hassle of learning 'every detail' of html or other code. I'm going to be 59, i'm an engineer in the bay area, and all I work with at work is hightech stuff. I'm done. LOL
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Important Topic for Site   Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2018 7:18 am

Something to consider---SilverWing is dieing thing, not made since 2013----things change as machine goes out(I know from Kawasaki Concours experience/Suzuki GS500E) things change when only thing available is used....those that could/would not afford the machines when new, join in with the used stuff and tend to be more fussy/complaining than those who bought new in the heyday.

When the real deal is riding them if time available...I worked until 71...liked the money. Have lots of time now. How many are really seriously riding them?

Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Important Topic for Site   Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2018 9:33 pm

Jeff,
I was a systems programmer working on IBM 4300 mainframes. I was responsible for all upgrades, patches, CICS production control, disaster recovery, etc. We ran two IBM DOS systems under VM. Later, I worked with client/server systems and serviced 24 grocery store sites. When I retired, I told my wife - No computers, no cell phones. Ha, that did not happen. I seem to be a lot more busy now. Thank you again for your dedication to your site. Also to you hard working moderators. It is a thank less job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Important Topic for Site   Important Topic for Site I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Important Topic for Site
Page 1 of 1