Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Air Hawk R seat pad update

Go down 
+6
The Bern
Meldrew
Leena H
Flyingpanman
oldwingguy
2wheelgal
10 posters
AuthorMessage
2wheelgal
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2016-08-20

Air Hawk R seat pad update Empty
PostSubject: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 5:52 pm

I rode 240 miles today with the Air Hawk seat pad, just one word to describe how it worked.  Awesome!!! I almost felt like I wasn't even touching the seat!  Worth every penny!!

I didn't have the Air Hawk attached to the seat, just put it on a took a ride.  It didn't move around like I thought it would without it being strapped to the seat in some way.

Every year, I visit every state park in South Carolina, there are 43 parks in all, scattered around the state.  Each state park has a stamp specific to that park and a place on that park's page in the State Park book. The parks are nice destinations, I usually picnic at one of them, and just a real pleasant place to take a little break. Most all of the state parks in SC have a body of water within/around the park.  Today's ride included 4 of the state parks, Chester State Park, Wateree State Park, Dreher Island State park, and Greenwood state park, with a couple side trips          in-between.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 8:23 am

Three thumbs up, Smile it's going to reach 70+ deg. here tomorrow so the " neglected " may get a shakedown run. I found a site that has large Airhawks for $ 107.00 with free shipping.
Back to top Go down
2wheelgal
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2016-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 8:28 am

oldwingguy, I hope your "neglected" gets out for a nice ride tomorrow! Having lived the majority of my life in the NW corner of Ohio, I know how special it is to have a warm day in February! Enjoy and be safe if you get out and take a ride!
Back to top Go down
Flyingpanman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Flyingpanman

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2016-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 9:06 pm

I have a "Tourtecs" air cushion which was £52 when I bought it on eBay UK in 2016. Just looked and they are now selling around £70 !

It's almost identical to the Air Hawk but was cheaper in 2016. It straps easily to the seat with hooks and Velcro. I don't know the cost of the Air Hawk now.

I've had it on my Wing since 2016 and it gives me that little bit of extra height and comfort that I need along with my raised back rest.
Back to top Go down
Flyingpanman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Flyingpanman

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2016-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 6:43 pm

Flyingpanman wrote:
I have a "Tourtecs" air cushion which was £52 when I bought it on eBay UK in 2016. Just looked and they are now selling around £70 !

It's almost identical to the Air Hawk but was cheaper in 2016. It straps easily to the seat with hooks and Velcro. I don't know the cost of the Air Hawk now.

I've just looked on eBay and the Air Hawk is selling around £120 in the UK, so the Tourtec cushion is still a substantial saving at around £70.

Tourtec seem to be based in Germany, so I don't know how much any US members would save after various duties/post are paid.
Back to top Go down
Leena H
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Leena H

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2016-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 9:38 am

[/quote]
Tourtec seem to be based in Germany, so I don't know how much any US members would save after various duties/post are paid.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip! I'm just a about to order a Touratec gel cushion. There are two options and send a question to find out more about them. Option Option A seems nice, but you have to use a rain cover on it  and Option B which upper material is neoprene.

The price is affordable and even cheaper than the similar one sold by Louis in Germany.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 7:35 pm

My Hawk landed today, aired it up sat on it let some out it felt better but I'll have to give it a road test to be sure. If I go out tomorrow it would probably be more of a flotation device rather than a cushion Sad
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4192
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2018 5:33 am

You hardly air it up, just a few breaths to ensure there's a very thin cushion of air preventing contact between your butt and the seat.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2018 7:39 am

Meldrew thanks as I've heard that seems to be the secret to the comfort, no beach ball inflation needed.
Back to top Go down
Foxy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Foxy

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2018-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 3:45 am

Thanks for the tip about the Tourtec air seats, Flyingpanman, as a UK rider, I have been looking for a slightly cheaper version of the spendy Airhawk ones. Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 4:52 am

I'm thinking I should get rid of my Airhawk Cruiser Medium, and it's one of the 'spendy' neoprene ones too. I don't use it and don't need it.

It's just another of these things I originally bought thought thinking it would be useful touring kit. Rather like that unused Go Cruise Control that lives in my top box lld pocket, and rubbish foam Grab On grips.
Back to top Go down
Foxy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 3:46 pm

Meldrew wrote:
I'm thinking I should get rid of my Airhawk Cruiser Medium, and it's one of the 'spendy' neoprene ones too. I don't use it and don't need it.

It's just another of these things I originally bought thought thinking it would be useful touring kit. Rather like that unused Go Cruise Control that lives in my top box lld pocket, and rubbish foam Grab On grips.

If you are serious about wanting rid of the Airhawk, I might be interested as I feel I have a real need to use one on my Goldwing and Silverwing, and it would probably be ideal for transferring from one to the other.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 4:14 pm

Foxy wrote:
Meldrew wrote:

If you are serious about wanting rid of the Airhawk, I might be interested as I feel I have a real need to use one on my Goldwing and Silverwing, and it would probably be ideal for transferring from one to the other.

Tell yer wot Foxy, I've met Meldrew (hi bud) & seen his scooter & the 'stuff' he has fitted, rest assured if you buy anything off him it will be the best quality & very well looked after. In 'real life' he is a far nicer person than his username might imply
Back to top Go down
Foxy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 5:45 pm

The Bern wrote:
Foxy wrote:
Meldrew wrote:

Tell yer wot Foxy, I've met Meldrew (hi bud) & seen his scooter & the 'stuff' he has fitted, rest assured if you buy anything off him it will be the best quality & very well looked after. In 'real life' he is a far nicer person than his username might imply

Anyone who would use the name Meldrew has got to either be a good bloke, or as mad as a box of frogs!! Lol
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 1:43 pm

I use a sheepskin on my seat in the summer. Got it from a farm shop near Settle. Cut two holes for the seat runners and works very well for me.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 7:50 am

Foxy wrote:
Meldrew wrote:

Saying you might be interested isn't good enough mate, you'll have to join the queue. I know there's definite interest from riders on another forum who'd like the proper neoprene version of the Airhawk but are put off by the current 'spendy' price.  

I'll sell it with it's original box, a new cover, a spare new cover, and a set of new unused seat straps.
Back to top Go down
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2013-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 1:41 pm

I have a like new air hawk med. For sale $ 60.00 plus shipping, also a small air hawk for $55.00 plus shipping from North Carolina, Asheville.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Fester
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Uncle Fester

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2018-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 7:49 pm

Pastor Ron wrote:
I have a like new air hawk med. For sale $ 60.00 plus shipping, also a small air hawk  for $55.00 plus shipping from North Carolina, Asheville.

Ron, I'm interested in the medium. I tried to private message you but don't have enough posts. I have a Burgman 400. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Foxy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 8:13 pm

Meldrew wrote:
Foxy wrote:
Meldrew wrote:

Saying you might be interested isn't good enough mate, you'll have to join the queue. I know there's definite interest from riders on another forum who'd like the proper neoprene version of the Airhawk but are put off by the current 'spendy' price.  

I'll sell it with it's original box, a new cover, a spare new cover, and a set of new unused seat straps.

No worries, I didn't realize there was a queue, I'll keep looking for some thanks.
Back to top Go down
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2013-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Air Hawk R seat pad update I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 1:50 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:
Pastor Ron wrote:
I have a like new air hawk med. For sale $ 60.00 plus shipping, also a small air hawk  for $55.00 plus shipping from North Carolina, Asheville.

Ron, I'm interested in the medium. I tried to private message you but don't have enough posts. I have a Burgman 400.  Thanks.
I sent you a PM...
Back to top Go down

Air Hawk R seat pad update
Page 1 of 1