Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Confusion about tire pressures I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Confusion about tire pressures I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Confusion about tire pressures I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Confusion about tire pressures I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Confusion about tire pressures I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Confusion about tire pressures I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Confusion about tire pressures I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Confusion about tire pressures I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Confusion about tire pressures I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Confusion about tire pressures I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Confusion about tire pressures

Go down 
+2
Meldrew
carolina wing rider
6 posters
AuthorMessage
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2018-01-22

Confusion about tire pressures Empty
PostSubject: Confusion about tire pressures   Confusion about tire pressures I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 3:00 pm

I am currently running Pirelli Diablo tires on my Wing. The owners manual suggests 27 front and 31 rear. I have asked several local riders what they think and I get a different answer every time. I feel like these pressures are a little low. What do you run in your tires?
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4192
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Confusion about tire pressures   Confusion about tire pressures I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 3:17 pm

It doesn't say that in my Owners Manual, or the Tyre Information label on the tunnel.  For up to 200lb it's 29 psi Front and 33psi Rear. Maximum Load is 29psi Front and 36 psi Rear.

I've no doubt a later poster will rubbish Honda's recommended tyre pressures and suggest higher front and rear pressures. Smile
Back to top Go down
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Confusion about tire pressures   Confusion about tire pressures I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 3:23 pm

I tip the scale at about 230 and I carry a fair amount of stuff so I guess I fall into that "MAXIMUM LOAD" situation.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Confusion about tire pressures   Confusion about tire pressures I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 3:35 pm

Meldrew wrote:
It doesn't say that in my Owners Manual, or the Tyre Information label on the tunnel.  For up to 200lb it's 29 psi Front and 33psi Rear. Maximum Load is 29psi Front and 36 psi Rear.

I've no doubt a later poster will rubbish Honda's recommended tyre pressures and suggest higher front and rear pressures.  Smile

Inevitable I'd say bud Laughing
Back to top Go down
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Thank you Meldrew....   Confusion about tire pressures I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 3:59 pm

Meldrew wrote:

I've no doubt a later poster will rubbish Honda's recommended tyre pressures and suggest higher front and rear pressures.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Jolly Bodger
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2016-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Confusion about tire pressures   Confusion about tire pressures I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 4:18 pm

I have Pirelli Diablos and I run 30psi front and 35psi rear. Works ok for me!

JB
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Confusion about tire pressures   Confusion about tire pressures I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 4:31 pm

I just had a look at the Pirelli fitment list they say 2 bar in the front & 2.5 in the rear, so they agree with the Honda rating. I suggest go for 29 & 36 as per the plate & 'fine tune' with the shock settings

Also how accurate is your pressure gauge ? it might be worth trying a few & get an average reading ?
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2017-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Confusion about tire pressures   Confusion about tire pressures I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 4:45 pm

carolina wing rider wrote:
I am currently running Pirelli Diablo tires on my Wing. The owners manual suggests 27 front and 31 rear. I have asked several local riders what they think and I get a different answer every time. I feel like these pressures are a little low. What do you run in your tires?

30 front, 35 rear has proved to be the best all round tire pressure, These pressures maintain roundness of your tires and prevents scalloping. Of course there are exceptions.

When I do the 129 and the 165 in North Carolina-Tennessee, I increase those pressures to 40-40, Smaller tire contact patch with Higher PSI and no Squirming of the tread for absolutely precise handling.

I also use a 1/2 light weight helmet when I do these roads with the Crotch Rockets.

Enjoy your bike.

Lloyd 193.
Back to top Go down
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Tire pressures   Confusion about tire pressures I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 7:39 pm

Thank all of you for the informative information about "real life" Silverwing tire pressures. I value all of your opinions.
Back to top Go down
micbusathens
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
micbusathens

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2012-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Confusion about tire pressures   Confusion about tire pressures I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 5:25 pm

35 38 for me
Back to top Go down

Confusion about tire pressures
Page 1 of 1