Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Use of Relays on aftermarket Driving/Fog/Spot Lights Intallation I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 pm

» New to Me Swing
Use of Relays on aftermarket Driving/Fog/Spot Lights Intallation I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Use of Relays on aftermarket Driving/Fog/Spot Lights Intallation I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Use of Relays on aftermarket Driving/Fog/Spot Lights Intallation I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Use of Relays on aftermarket Driving/Fog/Spot Lights Intallation I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Use of Relays on aftermarket Driving/Fog/Spot Lights Intallation I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Use of Relays on aftermarket Driving/Fog/Spot Lights Intallation I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Use of Relays on aftermarket Driving/Fog/Spot Lights Intallation I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Use of Relays on aftermarket Driving/Fog/Spot Lights Intallation I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Use of Relays on aftermarket Driving/Fog/Spot Lights Intallation I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Use of Relays on aftermarket Driving/Fog/Spot Lights Intallation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Use of Relays on aftermarket Driving/Fog/Spot Lights Intallation Empty
PostSubject: Use of Relays on aftermarket Driving/Fog/Spot Lights Intallation   Use of Relays on aftermarket Driving/Fog/Spot Lights Intallation I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:44 am

The advantage of having your driving lights on a relay is that you will never accidently leave your lights on when you turn your scooter off. Otherwise, your new lights will turn off when the scooters ignition key is turned off.

The relay has NO effect (drop) on the amount of voltage/amps that goes to the lights from the battery.

I always recommend using a fuse and a relay when installing any new lights (55 Watt Driving Lights) that draw power directly from the scooters battery. If you plan on tapping power off a stock Honda power wire (tail light) that powers a stock scooter light to power your lower voltage/amp drawing accessory lights, then your OK. These Honda factory power wires are already on the scooters relay system.

The relay I recommend is not allot of money and works well for installing front driving lights. I always provide a simple wiring diagram for relay installation on a Light Bar installation.

Here is a Relay that will work for your new driving lights: http://cgi.ebay.com/Relay-and-Socket-12V-12-Volt-SPDT-30-40-AMP_W0QQitemZ200396098915QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2ea889cd63

Here's a picture of the relay installed:

Use of Relays on aftermarket Driving/Fog/Spot Lights Intallation Instal11

DennisB
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Use of Relays on aftermarket Driving/Fog/Spot Lights Intallation   Use of Relays on aftermarket Driving/Fog/Spot Lights Intallation I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 12:04 pm

This is Old Dave in Western Nebraska
I purchased a mounting bracket from DennisB and it works very well. I used the Wal Mart Driving lights chrome....Went for a ride last night and what a difference the extra lights make. You have to experience them to see what they really do. Dennis, you did a great job on the light bar location etc. as they really work well on the Swing.
Yes, do use a relay as Dennis suggested.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Use of Relays on aftermarket Driving/Fog/Spot Lights Intallation   Use of Relays on aftermarket Driving/Fog/Spot Lights Intallation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:08 pm

Hi All,

One of our forum members, Roy Oconnor (Misterroy2) donated 3 Relays and sockets. If you can use one of these, they are free to the forum members. Shipping is $3.50 each.

These relays are a must for anyone installing driving lights and work very well with my Perfect Connector Adapter.

Remember, I just have only 3 and this ad will be removed when they are gone.

If your interested in one, please contact me via PM and be sure to thank Roy.

Use of Relays on aftermarket Driving/Fog/Spot Lights Intallation 1-7-1010

Use of Relays on aftermarket Driving/Fog/Spot Lights Intallation 1-7-1011

Last edited by DennisB on Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Use of Relays on aftermarket Driving/Fog/Spot Lights Intallation   Use of Relays on aftermarket Driving/Fog/Spot Lights Intallation I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:18 pm

All the Relays are now gone 1-17-2010. Thank you Roy, you sure helped alot of other good folks here on the forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Use of Relays on aftermarket Driving/Fog/Spot Lights Intallation   Use of Relays on aftermarket Driving/Fog/Spot Lights Intallation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Use of Relays on aftermarket Driving/Fog/Spot Lights Intallation
Page 1 of 1