Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Aftermarket Exhaust

Go down 
+4
Leena H
Easyrider
Hondafreak
the_mad_rshn
8 posters
AuthorMessage
the_mad_rshn
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
the_mad_rshn

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2016-03-11

Aftermarket Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Aftermarket Exhaust   Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 5:36 pm

So I had to return the GPR exhaust that I bought from someone on Ebay. They did not properly advertise it and it appeared to be for the models with no O2 sensor. That did not stop me. After a little research I ended up ordering yesterday one of the Delkevic slip-on mufflers:
18" Stainless Steel Oval Muffler to fit Silverwing FSC600 (2002-2014)
I don't know how it performs on Swings, but from what I saw on you tube and other places this model should work well. I should be getting it some time next week and I will report back once I have it installed. I think with the K&N filter, Dyno Power Commander and this new upgrade I will gain some good horses.

Cheers,
Mad
Back to top Go down
Hondafreak
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2016-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Exhaust   Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 2:46 pm

Delkevic are a pretty good exhaust system for the price. I have them on 2015 FJR and 1975 CB750. They look good are well made and sound decent. And yesterday order for the Swing.
Back to top Go down
the_mad_rshn
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
the_mad_rshn

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Exhaust   Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 9:27 pm

Hondafreak wrote:
Delkevic are a pretty good exhaust system for the price. I have them on 2015 FJR and 1975 CB750. They look good are well made and sound decent. And yesterday order for the Swing.

I cannot wait to get mine :-)

Cheers,
Mad
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Exhaust   Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 10:52 pm

I noticed that it does not have a heat shield. Would that be a problem for your pinion?
Back to top Go down
the_mad_rshn
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
the_mad_rshn

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Exhaust   Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 10:22 am

Easyrider wrote:
I noticed that it does not have a heat shield. Would that be a problem for your pinion?

I think it is back far enough to not to be a problem.

Aftermarket Exhaust Product5271_3

Cheers,
Mad
Back to top Go down
Hondafreak
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2016-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Exhaust   Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 9:47 pm

I don't think a heat shield is needed, if so Delkevic would have added one.
Back to top Go down
the_mad_rshn
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
the_mad_rshn

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Exhaust   Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 12:14 am

So I got the muffler today and installed it. Honestly it is a under 30 min job. Love the sound. I will run some tests tomorrow to see if performance increased, at least in 0-to-60. It looks hot!!!

Cheers,
Mad
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Exhaust   Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 2:48 am

the_mad_rshn wrote:
So I got the muffler today and installed it. Honestly it is a under 30 min job. Love the sound. I will run some tests tomorrow to see if performance increased, at least in 0-to-60. It looks hot!!!

Cheers,
Mad

Hot to the touch also? Let us know if it gets hot to the touch after riding for a while. Thanks
Back to top Go down
the_mad_rshn
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
the_mad_rshn

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Exhaust   Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 9:55 pm

I rode the bike to work this morning, partially in a stop-and-go traffic. When I finally parked it, the muffler was almost hot. Can touch and hold your hand for a few seconds on it without a problem.

Cheers,
Mad
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Exhaust   Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2016 3:48 am

Thanks for the update. Let us know about the 0-60 performance. Did you notice any difference? Again, thanks.
Back to top Go down
the_mad_rshn
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
the_mad_rshn

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Exhaust   Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2016 2:27 pm

Easyrider wrote:
Thanks for the update. Let us know about the 0-60 performance. Did you notice any difference? Again, thanks.

Hey Easy,

So I haven't done the 0-to-60 yet. Not much time between work and home. The difference... Sound - deep and louder, but not too loud. I do think that performance wise, the mid range really picked up. Anywhere between 15 to about 50 mph the bike seems to sprint like a bat out of cave when you twist that throttle, baby!!! Here are some of the pictures of the new look. Not that it really is much different :-)

Cheers,
Mad

Aftermarket Exhaust 20160422_125859_zps9du80rso

Aftermarket Exhaust 20160422_125926_zps3onpiszk

Aftermarket Exhaust 20160422_125938_zpsj1bw5shg

Aftermarket Exhaust 20160422_125953_zpsq0g25ram
Back to top Go down
Leena H
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Leena H

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2016-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Exhaust   Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 12:00 pm

Has anyone got a Magnum muffler? There are provided in three lengths and I would prefer the shortest, because of the panniers. It´s american design and made. Is the sound very loud? Magnum muffler
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Exhaust   Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 9:46 pm

Mad,
I think the muffler bracket should be on the inside of the mount. That is how the original muffler is mounted. It would make the muffler stand up straight.
Back to top Go down
the_mad_rshn
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
the_mad_rshn

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Exhaust   Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 5:07 pm

Easyrider wrote:
Mad,
I think the muffler bracket should be on the inside of the mount. That is how the original muffler is mounted. It would make the muffler stand up straight.

This is a very good point. I will give it a try once I get her back on the road, after the winter sleep.

Thank you, sir!

Cheers,
Mad
Back to top Go down
ericclapham
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ericclapham

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2014-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Exhaust   Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 5:40 pm

Don't know how this Leo Vince compares price-wise but have had this fitted for about 10000Ks now, It's a sweet thing.
Back to top Go down
bongoman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
bongoman

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Exhaust   Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 1:31 pm

Thanks for the informative video. When you have a moment, leave some of your thoughts concerning performance.

I just purchased a '12 Silverwing after riding some 75,000 miles or about 120,000 kms on a Kymco Xciting 500. I tried two on the XC; a GPR and a Zard. Mid range performance and acceleration with both were improved, however, at hiway speeds,rpm was about 300 more.
Back to top Go down
ericclapham
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ericclapham

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2014-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Exhaust   Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 6:28 pm

Bongoman, Unfortunately, I cannot give you a definitive answer to your question because I fitted standard weight Dr.Pulley sliders, a DNA performance air filter and Iridium plugs at the same time. What I can tell you is that this combination has given a slight but noticeable increase in power and acceleration throughout the range with a slight increase in petrol consumption. How much more power is hard to quantify without a before/after dyno test The exhaust note is quite "fruity" during acceleration phases but decreases to a pleasant burble not much louder than stock when speed evens off.
Back to top Go down
bongoman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
bongoman

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Exhaust   Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 8:20 pm

I like the way Leo Vince3 adapted the exhaust to accommodate your saddlebags. That was one of my concerns regarding aftermarket exhaust.
Back to top Go down
Metallic.peach
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2017-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Exhaust   Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 6:27 am

I thought I was looking at mine then! I have a Delkevic exhaust on a black silverwing as well! It does sound beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Leena H
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Leena H

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2016-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Exhaust   Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 1:21 pm

Have you been happy with your Delkevic muffler? Does it work well with your saddle bags? Any problems? I`m just about to order this muffler any day now, but would love to get answers to these questions first. http://delkevic.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=1_946_1352_1513&product_id=10500
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2013-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Exhaust   Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 6:25 am

Hope it sounds as good as it looks. The site provides lots of info on the muffler; but a pity they don't include a sound clip of it. But maybe they do and I just don't see it.

Good luck with this muffler, Leena.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Exhaust   Aftermarket Exhaust I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aftermarket Exhaust
Page 1 of 1