Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Checked the air in my tires after a month - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
Checked the air in my tires after a month - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Checked the air in my tires after a month - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Checked the air in my tires after a month - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Checked the air in my tires after a month - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Checked the air in my tires after a month - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Checked the air in my tires after a month - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Checked the air in my tires after a month - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Checked the air in my tires after a month - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Checked the air in my tires after a month - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Checked the air in my tires after a month

Go down 
+8
exavid
MikeO
john123
KurtPerthWA
Ghost_rider
Bernardo
jdeereanton
JeffR
12 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Checked the air in my tires after a month - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Checked the air in my tires after a month   Checked the air in my tires after a month - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 10:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well, I took my daughter to the garage last night, because she likes to help me with things, and we checked my oil, adjusted my seat, and checked and filled the tires with air. I thought the tires started to feel soft for a few days and figured it may be time for new tires. I am due for new tires in the next few months... but after checking I found that my front tire only had 24 lbs and the rear 27 lbs. I now I only check my tires every few weeks but it has been longer and also it is winter.

So I filled the tires to 2 lbs over on each and when I rode to work today it was like I just had new tires installed. I know I should check the tires more but for some reason I just didn't. I believe I still have a couple of thousand miles on my Pirelli Diablo's, which are really good tires, but it sure is nicer to ride now. So I guess I learned a lesson to not take so long to do the right thing. I may need to put some notes on this calendar,on this site, to do maintenance on a schedule. :rendeer: Not sure what the reindeer means , but my daughter wants me to use it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

AuthorMessage
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Checked the air in my tires after a month - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checked the air in my tires after a month   Checked the air in my tires after a month - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:33 am

The Ariete valve on the front has greatly reduced the air loss. I checked my air pressure over ~3 months without filling the tire ... I only lost ~2 PSI. Which is a lot less then the OEM Honda valves.

When I replace my rear Darkside tire, I will replace the rear with the other Ariete valve.
Back to top Go down

Checked the air in my tires after a month
Page 1 of 1