Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 11:19 am

» New to Me Swing
Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites? I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites? I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites? I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites?

Go down 
+5
john grinsel
bandito2
Mudnman
lalee
JeffR
9 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites?   Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 9:18 pm

Hi,

I have gone to the www.silverwing.org and https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/hondasilverwings/conversations/messages?messageStartId=74911&archiveSearch=true sites in the last couple of days and those sites are very dead. The yahoo site has had only 5 posts in March and the .org site seems to only get about 10-20 posts a month.

I can't access the .org site from home since he has blocked my IP but at work I have gone there a few times and it is very dead. We have a member here, I believe bandito2, that made a post there about it being dead. John Gordon basically said that since he got so big and popular his server was going to take his site down so he had to get rid of people.

But the Yahoo site is really dead for some reason. I know when yahoo changed their format it is really not a good system to use for sites and that is too bad. I was just curious really.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
lalee
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2013-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites?   Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 9:33 pm

Yahoo silverwing site doesn't do much.

All motorcycling forums have been a little slow.  I belong to Moto-camping, KawasakiDrifter.com and Goldwingfacts.com those have minimal postings.  I think everyone is glued to the lost plane and the mud slide stories on the news.

Moto-camping has started to come alive in the past week, but it was down in per day posts for a long time.  

We should see a few new SW owners soon as quite a few are changing hands in the early spring.

Last edited by lalee on Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mudnman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites?   Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 12:33 am

I've never looked at yahoo but it looks like it flatlined.Or I don't get it's function's.Looks lame unlike this great site.Heck it has buttons I haven't even touched.Yee-Haw
Back to top Go down
bandito2
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites?   Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 12:52 am

I would guess you are right about the Yahoo site dropping off somewhat AND that it is because of the changed format.  I say that because it IS awful. The only way you can edit one of your messages is to delete it then re-post your edited version. (but oh, you did remember to save a copy of it first so you'd have something to edit didn't you?) No way to send private messages anymore. To find a particular photo album, the cursor must fall on a thumbnail pic and the album name will pop up. So no quick way to find pictures and uploading is clunky and tedious. They turned it all to crap. Searches are not intuitive...... there is a whole laundry list of complaints but those are the ones that bug me most.

I do stay and post to one of the other scooter related Yahoo groups because it deals mostly with a small group of us here in Michigan. We post there pretty regularly. Well, a Honda Reflex group too... but even there I have kind of backed out somewhat.  Too bad really Anyway, this place here is the best site for those with interest in the Honda Silverwing.

But that other site saying they had to cut back membership because it was too popular? ....Really? .... Hold on a sec, lemme git my boots on cuz man that's deep! (if you know what I mean) One thing that surprises me though is that usually places that are all but abandoned like that almost always end up as great repositories for spam. Not so there.... in fact not much gets deposited there at all. The place creeps me out. I've only been back a couple times to look but didn't post anything more. I even get the feeling that trolls find it so uninteresting that it's not even worth bothering with.  But that's JMO
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3297
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites?   Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 7:06 am

My take= big scooter market is dead in US at this time---little interest. TMAX and 2013 SilverWing new done on US market.

What is left of Silverwing stock/leftovers are moving slow, little new interest, used are not moving very fast either.

Less and less people actually riding=trailer bikers. And with scooters many old farts who have never had the opportunity to buy other bikes and now have money, move on to other stuff. Kills computer sites.
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites?   Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 12:17 am

My self I believe it is a combination of factors.I have been riding for about 12 years and started a club about 10 years ago. Are membership has drooped to 50% of what It was 5 years ago.I also ride with well established group of motorcycle riders in this area and they have the same concern.Some of it is economics and believe it or not there is also a age factor. Except for the crotch rockets most bikers in this area are in the mid 50's to upper 70's.The younger generation just seems to have to many other interests.
Well enough said,I must stop before they put me in a small padded room. Besides I'm  getting the S/W ready for a 4,500 mile ride to Arizona and Colorado in a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
jmaslak
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2012-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites?   Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 12:22 pm

Motorcycle sales today are about 50% what they were in 2005-2007. I suspect availability of credit is a huge part of the change. In 2005, my dog could have bought a bike on credit. Today, a lot of younger people have many tens of thousands of dollars of student loan debt for a degree that isn't marketable, at least in the USA, and you actually have to be credit worthy to get a loan on a bike, and few pay cash for anything these days.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites?   Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2020 3:26 pm

I realize this is an older thread but I just received this message today.  If I understand the message correctly, it appears all of the collective knowledge accumulated on the yahoo "Silverwing group" site will soon be inaccessible.

Dear Yahoo Group Moderators and Members,   October 29, 2020

We recently announced that groups.yahoo.com (Yahoo Groups) and its list service will shut down on December 15, 2020. We would like to clarify that there will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services. For example, your Yahoo account will not change and there are no changes to Yahoo Mail.

The only change on December 15, 2020 is that you will no longer be able to visit the Yahoo Groups website at groups.yahoo.com or use its mailing list features.

We’ve updated our comprehensive FAQ here.

Thank you to everyone who reached out with questions or comments.

Sincerely,
The Yahoo Groups team
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites?   Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2020 3:47 pm

The .org forum has been dead since 2009. In fact Dan Spevack and JeffR originated this forum as a result of a conflict with the .org forum overlord. AFAIK the yahoo forum posts, files and documents have been inaccessible for at least 5 years. It is a shame that yahoo killed of that forum —though, truth be told, it was in its death throes. But it is a great loss to lose all that collective wisdom from that yahoo forum. I’d been a member there since 2002 shortly after it began (and at one time was the forum owner).

Last edited by Cosmic_Jumper on Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites?   Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2020 3:55 pm

I realize it has been inactive for some time Tim. It appears now all of the information there is going to disappear ... and that's the real shame. I have on occasion gone back to that forum to cross reference something I am researching. I guess that'll stop come Dec 15th, 2020.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites?   Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2020 4:40 pm

It’s a shame those files can’t be archived somehow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites?   Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has anyone noticed how dead it is on the .org and yahoo sites?
Page 1 of 1