Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
What other websites do you go to? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 9:09 am

» Drive belt prices
What other websites do you go to? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
What other websites do you go to? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
What other websites do you go to? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
What other websites do you go to? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
What other websites do you go to? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
What other websites do you go to? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
What other websites do you go to? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
What other websites do you go to? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
What other websites do you go to? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

What other websites do you go to?

Go down 
+4
jdeereanton
Opalsboy
DickO
JeffR
8 posters
AuthorMessage

What other websites do you go to? Empty
PostSubject: What other websites do you go to?   What other websites do you go to? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:28 am

I've been checking out this site for several weeks now, and adding replies and topics, and I'm disappointed about the low volume of readers (especially as compared to silverwing.org). I'm not sure why this site hasn't caught on too well, so I guess I won't check in nearly as often. For me, participating in internet sites devoted to motorcycling (and scootering) as well as reading my motorcycle mags is my best way of dealing with the long winter non-riding season. I'm wondering what other sites are the most popular with fellow maxi-scooter riders like myself. The ones I mostly read include silverwing.org, maxi-scooter.com, motorcycleforum.com, and ridermagazine.com.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: What other websites do you go to?   What other websites do you go to? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 3:15 pm

Vito,

This site is only a little over 2 months old now and it is growing steadily. Silverwing.org is much older and has about 550 members and we have almost 150 now. I hope you continue to check in though. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: What other websites do you go to?   What other websites do you go to? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 3:39 pm

Hi All,

My personal take on this subject (being the newbie that I am), is that this site has done pretty well considering the time it's been around and the other sites out there. I generally hit only 3 places: this site; the dot org folks; and the Yahoo group. And that's each one of them nearly every day that I'm home (which is usually all the time). I've been to the Maxi site occasionally and one other that I can't think of right now but they just weren't my cup of tea.

Anyway, between my 3 "usual" sites I get all the info I can safely use.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Silverwing sites   What other websites do you go to? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:33 pm

I am realatively new two wheeler. Restarted riding last July. I found Silverwing.org right off
and learned many things. I still look there everyday to read about some of the topics.

This is a new forum and to me it seems to be more family like. The membership is growing daily.
This is the site I always go to first. It takes a few minutes to check this site for new posts.
Then I go to the silverwing.org and it takes a couple more mintutes to check for new posts.
There are a lot of posts on each site from common members. I don't have a problem with
anyone being happier with one or the other. No explanation as to why, but, I really feel more
comfortable posting here.

Given the age of the two sites, it is not surprising that the Silverwing.org is larger. But the
effort Jeff is putting into developing this one, this fellow is going to be around for a long,
long time.

Just my 2.14141414 cents worth.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: What other websites do you go to?   What other websites do you go to? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:42 pm

I visit 4 sites and this is hands down my favorite. Seems like this is a much less contentious bunch than some others.

www.wildhogss.com I contribute occasionally.
www.silverwing.org Rarely contribute, am wryly amused at some threads.
diva and attitude central - www.maxi-scooter.com don't check it much anymore - life is hard enough.
And lastly this site.

Thanks to all who post about the rides. I'm all about the ride, not so much about the commute, but tell us about your ride. I don't actually care how much you pay for insurance or that you use a synthetic blend squeezed from the gym socks of Tibeten Monks. Write about your ride - how far you went, how many days you rode, and why you liked it or how you'd do it again. What was exciting or eventful about the trip, what are the pitfalls and must sees? Get out and ride.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453

PostSubject: Re: What other websites do you go to?   What other websites do you go to? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:28 pm

When I read the topic, I thought this will be great we can share other sites that we find very useful ... which I thought would be very helpful.

If this is going to be a discussion of www.silverwing.org and www.silverwing600.com could we modify the title??
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: What other websites do you go to?   What other websites do you go to? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:32 pm

Bill,

I never even noticed the title really. I thought this was a continuation of a topic that was started awhile back. I go to quite a few sites since I like to read about all sorts of things. I go to the following:

www.silverwing.org
www.maxi-scoots.com
www.majestyusa.com
www.burgmanusa.com
a few of the Yahoo sites

I really thought vito was commenting on another topic that was started some time ago and I was just replying to his post. Sorry to go off topic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453

PostSubject: Re: What other websites do you go to?   What other websites do you go to? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 10:04 pm

www.silverwing.org
www.silverwing600.com
www.burgmanusa.com

Periodically
autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/hondasilverwings
thescooterscoop.blogspot.com
www.maxi-scoots.com
www.advrider.com

Local groups
www.twtex.com
autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/TXRoadRats

I had to rebuild my system so I lost my Honda parts websites ... I would be interested in others list to rebuild mine, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: What other websites do you go to?   What other websites do you go to? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:50 am

Bill ... man, you are pretty smart for an old Texan... I WAS caught up in the "My Mama can Whip Your Mama" syndrone when I read Vitos' post. Thank you for patting my head and saying "calm down boy".

The thing I get most from riding a Silverwing is the stress relief. I guess sometimes when I am sitting here in front of this screen and it is cold and wet outside, I forget or am unable to get on my baby and take her down the road.

I do enjoy reading other forums. I am looking at the ones you added in the post above. Thanks again and I will try to stay on rubber (thats scooter talk for track) now.
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: What other websites do you go to?   What other websites do you go to? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 2:54 pm

Yeah, my Silver Wing (and my bike) help me with stress too. I think they also keep me sane.

I also visit the silverwing.org site, and maxiscoot.com. I did try the yahoo silver wing site, but never really settled there. I also visit two UK based sites

http://www.maxi-muppets.co.uk/

and on account of my bike

http://diversionclub.proboards74.com/index.cgi

If applicable, and especially if of use to others, I will post similar email to 2 or 3 different forums so it reaches a bigger audience.

It's interesting how the cultures differe slightly from forum to forum...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What other websites do you go to?   What other websites do you go to? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:28 pm

I looked at the other Silverwing forum and it must have just been the thread I was reading but they were sort of rude to each other and that turned me off. I probably should look at it again.
I also visit, maxiscoot, ScootCincinnati and Easy Peasy (columbus, OH) but I am mostly on here and MaxiScoot. I've really enjoy this one....I think it seems to be growing quickly and everyone seems very nice Smile
Back to top Go down
Scooterian
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Scooterian

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: What other websites do you go to?   What other websites do you go to? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:52 pm

I do the Silverwing.org site and this one. After 3 or 4 juvenile pissing matches between the Yahoo Silverwing site participants I tend to ignore that one these days. I still look at the Yahoo Reflex site now and again. sts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What other websites do you go to?   What other websites do you go to? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:18 am

I use Yahoo Silverwing, Bay Area Maxi Riders (they have an active website and also ride together--I joined because I've been visiting in this area), Twist & Scoot (not very active), and MP3 500 (not active at all). I also go to this Honda Silver Wing Forum and to Modern Vespa (they have a very active MP3 strand).
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: What other websites do you go to?   What other websites do you go to? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 11:56 pm

www.thumperclub.org.uk
A long time site I visit regularly. Its primarily for interests in single cylinder motorcycles.

http://Ulysses-WA.info/
My "home" club branch based on senior riders of 40 plus years old

This forum

other websites at random based on need and curiosity
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What other websites do you go to?   What other websites do you go to? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What other websites do you go to?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: