Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Greetings from Florida I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:47 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
Greetings from Florida I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» LF extended back rest
Greetings from Florida I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Greetings from Florida I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Greetings from Florida I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Greetings from Florida I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Greetings from Florida I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Greetings from Florida I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
Greetings from Florida I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Greetings from Florida I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Greetings from Florida

Go down 
+3
model28a
robert
Mudnman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mudnman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2014-01-15

Greetings from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Florida   Greetings from Florida I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:48 pm

sunny It happened that fast.Bought the second one I seen.An 08 with 13k,zumo550 and a trunk.I bent a pizza box under the seat the second night Laughing 
Bought a GXM 30 and now have tunes with my iPhone ear buds,thinking about some speakers bom 
I need to open it up to see whats in it,belt,rollers or sliders.
It has a clear view screen with vent.It is a bit low for me.Too bad there isn't a store that had a huge windscreen selection of same bikes for a road test. :lol!: 
Thanks and hope to chat
Scott
Back to top Go down
robert
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
robert

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Florida   Greetings from Florida I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 12:38 am

Welcome Scott,

Enjoy that new ride.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Florida   Greetings from Florida I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:55 am

welcome applause welcome
Sounds like you found a good buy. You don't say what part of Florida you're from, but if you're close to St Pete there are a lot of Silverwings in our local club. We all have different windscreens and would be happy to let you ride ours to compare and see what one you liked best. At least you live down here where we get to ride year round even if it's been on the cool side lately. Myself I like this time of year when you can ride with clothing that is a lot safer. There are clubs all over Florida so if you like to ride with others you won't have a problem finding a group to join. You have found the best web site to find out anything you will need to know about your "new" Silverwing.
If your belt has already been replaced you shouldn't need to change it for another 15,000 miles. If you want to pull the cover off just to see how things look that's fine but unless you're having problems there's no real need. I believe I saw a post of yours where you said you have a service manual which is good, if not you should get one.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Greetings from Florida 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Florida   Greetings from Florida I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 2:20 am

welcome     welcome    Scott, the belt is usually replaced at 16K ( the light comes on at that point). Nothing wrong with opening it up to look around and there are many helpful tips available on this forum. Use the search box (upper left) to narrow your search. As for mileage, I would check the air filter. Others have reported that a clean filter is a big help.      welcome     welcome
Back to top Go down
lalee
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2013-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Florida   Greetings from Florida I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 2:24 am

Hello from Seattle!

Greetings from Florida Wttg
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Florida   Greetings from Florida I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:42 am

The reason I said you should be able to go another 15,000 miles before changing your belt is in a previous post I believe you said the previous owner changed the belt already and you only have 13,000 now. As Hi Yo said the belt should be changed at 16,000, but I have seen belts changed at 20,000 that still measured within specs. It would help if you knew what the mileage was when it was changed. If your light comes on at 16,000 it would mean the light was not reset when the belt was changed but if it doesn't come on at 16,000 but comes on between 20,000- 26,000 then my guess would be they reset when the belt was changed.
Back to top Go down
Magoo Triker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Magoo Triker

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Florida   Greetings from Florida I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 10:42 am

Welcome... I just remembered did not reset mine when I changed the belt

Magoo Triker
Back to top Go down
Mudnman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Florida   Greetings from Florida I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:18 pm

I was told by 2nd owner that first owner changed the belt between 5-10k
The light was on when I bought it so I reset It.It came back on the next day .I reset it again and hasn't come on ,been a week.
Makes me think it has Dr Pully sliders.I read they will trip the light.

It has a Dynojet command unit on it.I have the print out.Power (hp) 37.49---41.34,Torque (ft-lbs) 29.58---30.40
The chart really only starts at 5200 RPM's.Im a bit skeptical about having the unit on a stock bike.

I also have a Vespa lx50 so I do know about belt ,varo and clutch.So the CVT aspect runs alike.

The belt change at 5-10k is hear say.I'm thinking it was opened up to change the rollers,maybe to sliders.Who changes a belt at 5-10k lol
Scott

Last edited by Mudnman on Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Florida   Greetings from Florida I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:42 pm

Hello from Miami!

The dynojet, if properly tuned, simply optimizes the fuel air ratio throughout the acceleration.
This gives smoother acceleration across the board. Its 1 part of the wing's Holy Trinity.
Adding a Leo Vince 4 road exhaust, and a J.Costa variator has shown to give the most umph, acceleration etc. without serious changes to the engine itself.
You can gain about 4-5hp with that too.
Click on the link in my sig to get to my gallery and you can see my readouts as well.

Dan
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Florida   Greetings from Florida I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 4:58 pm

I've run Dr Pully sliders for two years and never had a problem with the light coming on. I think I would open it up just to know what was inside.
Back to top Go down
Mudnman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Florida   Greetings from Florida I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 9:16 pm

Well the light came back on .My RPM's seem high at about all speeds.45@45,5@52 with GPS .It's 4k@32-38mph.
Does that seem high?

Rumor I hear was Leo Vince is on the outs.Just might have to get one now before yah can't .

Tks fir heads up Dan and everyone!

Opened it ,found J Casta with good looking pins.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Florida   Greetings from Florida I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Florida
Page 1 of 1