Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Hi from Florida I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:47 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
Hi from Florida I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» LF extended back rest
Hi from Florida I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Hi from Florida I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Hi from Florida I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hi from Florida I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hi from Florida I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hi from Florida I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
Hi from Florida I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hi from Florida I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hi from Florida

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Skyman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:26 am

Hi all, not a Silverwing owner as of yet but I am looking and learning. I currently own a 2010 Honda Elite 110. The Elite is my everyday ride and I love it. I live in a small town North of Tampa and cruise everywhere on it. I have just over 2300 miles on it as of today. I have been a lurker as I am looking to purchase a scoot for traveling around to other counties. I am a Realtor so I do get to other places for home showings, etc. I am considering the Swing and a Reflex, just undecided which one to get. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:36 am

Skyman,

First...welcome to the forum and pleae write up a review of your Elite 110 if you could. I'm sure we would all like to read it. Things like comfort, speed, gas mileage, etc...

Second...I had the Reflex, Majesty, and now the SWing and the SWing is a bike where you will never need another one. I liked the Reflex but if you are going to go on the interstate then you will be tapped out much of the time. If you are going to stay on the state highways, where many speed limits seem to be 55 mph, then you should do good with the Reflex.

I live in the S.F. bay area and found that the Reflex just wasn't enough to be safe, getting on and off the interstates. They tend to drive fast here. My Reflex with the Givi only topped out at 78 indicated which is probably about 70 gps. The SWing will do anything you want and is smoother and so much more powerful. Either are great bikes but if you think you many need to go about 70-70 actual (gps) then you might want to think of the SWing, or one of the 400 cc scoots.

Again welcome and hope you enjoy the site.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
scooterog
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-05-29

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 1:24 pm

Hey Skyman, I'm in the same boat,, but I have the Reflex, emptied a tank out yesterday at 150 miles on back country roads while I was burning up my flesh!!...But I plan to go look at a Silverwing tuesday if I can...the Reflex is great around town and back roads, but no fun on the highway....Rog
Back to top Go down
Skyman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 2:07 pm

Hi scooterog, I must admit I'm leaning the same way,,, to the Swing. My wife said you need the Swing and the Reflex will be good for me. (wise woman!) She knows me pretty well after 33 years. Looks like I will end up with three scoots if this plays out like she wants. The Elite is just way too much fun and all around good to let go. I have even though about putting a curb on my ambitions and just getting another Elite for her. BUT with the plans we have of taking easy trips together (340 miles North to see the granddaughter) the Elite is just out classed for that kind of trip.
Back to top Go down
Skyman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 6:06 pm

2010 Elite 110

I am amazed at how well this scoot
fits into daily life. Its fuel injected and water cooled starts every time all the
time at a push of a button. I get any where from 90 to 100 miles per
gallon pushing it hard. It comes up on the governor at 52 MPH. There is
allot left in the scoot at that speed, I was amazed with my wife and I
on it the top speed was 52! I am six feet 190 lbs and my wife is classified. Honda has it toned down for longevity I'm
sure. There is a ton of room under the seat for all my crap, laptop,
rain gear, and other assorted stuff. There is enough room for a case of
water, 32- 16.9 oz bottles all still in the case. The Elite also has
good pick up and fires right off the line and keeps up with traffic. It
has good brakes and stops without fading even from a quick stop. I like the fact that the left brake lever also engages the front brake but at a different rate almost like ABS. One of
the nicest things I have noticed is how bright the headlight is and the
placement is just right as cars notice me and I have yet to have one
pull out in front of me. The only conclusion I have come to is at the
perfect height for cage drivers. Now for the down side of the scoot,,,
no windshield on mine,riding in the rain is a bit of a chore but what
the hell. I could get an aftermarket windshield but here in Florida its
not a huge problem. The tank only holds 1 and 1/2 gallons of gas and the 1/2 gallon is a reserve. Because I am getting between 90 and 100 mpg and as much fun as this scoot is to ride I find myself going WHAT I need gas again. It does bring a smile to my face as I did in my pocket to pay the cashier with change as others swipe the debit/credit card. With 2300 hundred miles all around town I am still smiling. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures from my
Mac I will post some. Feel free to fire off questions for me if I have
left anything out.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 7:16 pm

Skyman,

Thanks for the review and it sounds like it is a lot of fun to ride. The storage must be big if you can get a case of water in it so it must hold a lot. It would be nice to get 90-100 mpg like you are getting and with the SWing you will probably get about 50 mpg if you hold to the speed limits. Sounds like a lot of fun though and I'm impressed it can get to 52 with 2 people on it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Skyman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 7:57 pm

Jeff Thanks for the warm welcome! The scoot really is a kick not only to ride but just in all the things it does well. I have not gotten to the picture post stage but,,,, if you are bored go to www.justscoots.com I have pictures posted in my small and in much need of updating website. take care,,

Hi from Florida Elite_10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi from Florida
Page 1 of 1