Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
installing vip trunk I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
installing vip trunk I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
installing vip trunk I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
installing vip trunk I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
installing vip trunk I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
installing vip trunk I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
installing vip trunk I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
installing vip trunk I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
installing vip trunk I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
installing vip trunk I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

installing vip trunk

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

installing vip trunk Empty
PostSubject: installing vip trunk   installing vip trunk I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 5:34 pm

does anyone have any idea how to install a VIP trunk to a silverwing 600 to look good on the bike. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: installing vip trunk   installing vip trunk I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 7:34 pm

Hi Lizz,
If you're talking about Givi/Bestem/JC Whitney, etc, top boxes/top cases then I recommend using the search function using the aforementioned terms. And if that's not enough data, go over to http://www.silverwing.org/cgi-bin/forum_show.pl and use their search function. You'll have info running out your ears. And they all install basically the same and (IMO) look the same (great, that is).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: installing vip trunk   installing vip trunk I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 8:27 pm

thank you I will check that sight out I just nknow when you install a VIP trunk their different to install ,Plus hooking up the taillights an turn signals .thanks again
Well I went to the sight an nothing there at all as I could tell to help me unless I lookd wrong thnaks for the sight anyways
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: installing vip trunk   installing vip trunk I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:36 pm

Welcome Lizz

Do you have a VIP trunk to install? The basic install of a trunk on the rear "wing" is the same for all brands. I found you a Picture Tutorial that cover the steps required. If you have not purchased the VIP case, consider something different, I have not heard good news about the VIP except the price.

Good luck and ride safe.
Paul
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: installing vip trunk   installing vip trunk I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 12:18 am

Lizz,

Welcome to the site. I did a pictorial on how to install the Givi Backrest for the passenger, so if you follow that you will be able to mount your rack. If you look at Step 6 you will see the 2 red circles that need to be drilled out for the backrest. You will need to drill out those same holes for the mounting rack plus the 2 other holes that are about 6" away. You will see what I mean if you look at the pictorial. If not I can send it to you in the word document if you need me to circle the other 2 holes that need to be drilled. But if you remove the rear spoiler you will be able to determine the holes by putting the mount on the spoiler to see where the holes will line up with the rack.

If you do it like the pictorial you will have your spoiler off in just a minute or 2. Like I said, if you need more info just get back to me. Even though my pictorial is for the Givi passenger backrest you follow the same procedure for mounting different type of racks on the spoiler of the SWing. Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: installing vip trunk   installing vip trunk I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 2:02 pm

yes I have bought a very nice VIP trunk an was going to look great on a burgman650 but looking at a goldwing also it jsut looks like its not going to set right on the silverwing like little tilt the way the rack is made on them not set straight to lok nice .I know about them giva trunk but teir not the same an set different but I like the VIP for looks beter an has more lgihts on it .Thanks to you both for all you info
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: installing vip trunk   installing vip trunk I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 2:10 pm

also I had concerns of putitng my VIP trunk on the wing casue of havign not enuff support since their heavier then the givi trunk an the givi rack want fit my VIP an was told i should put a rack for support but dotn want to take the wing off since it does have hand bars to hold to an they all have to be takin off honda told us an the backrest want work willb e to high unless tall person rides on the back. I do have friends who have the vip on trunks on burgmans an looks great but they dont have a wing in the way .thanks guys
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: installing vip trunk   installing vip trunk I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 6:30 am

I just bought the Givi E52 from Twisted Throttle.com. I'm really happy with it. I bought the AdMoreLighting LED Kit for Givi E52 topcase, along with all the mounting hardware and the top rack.

The lights go right around the sides, and it will be pretty bright back there once I figure out the wiring. If worst comes to worst, there's my friendly garage guy who is a real stickler for nearing wiring jobs.

I love the space and the looks of the Givi too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: installing vip trunk   installing vip trunk I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 8:38 am

I also have the Givi E52 from Twisted Throttle and the Admore Lighting Kit too.
The case is a high quality product, and to me, the extra lighting provided is a real safety feature. People traveling behind me can really see my directionals and brakelights - my motorcycling friends have told me that when they're behind me, they cannot miss my intentions when braking or when indicating turns. The proper wiring is a real challenge, requiring the use of a switched power plate and an additional wiring kit. I followed honda_silver's process, which he has well documented including photographs on either this site or silverwing.org. It took me a few days to do this and to get it working properly; it was not easy, but well worth the effort.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: installing vip trunk   installing vip trunk I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 4:52 pm

pjmartone: ...I followed honda_silver's process...

I can't seem to locate this thread, could you please help? Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: installing vip trunk   installing vip trunk I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 7:34 am

Try this link for honda_silver's wiring instructions:

http://silverwing.org/cgi-bin/topic_show.pl?pid=12960#pid12960
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: installing vip trunk   installing vip trunk I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 8:47 pm

When I click the link I get an error that says:
Error
Access denied.
If you think this is a real error, you can inform the administrator. Please include the exact error message and the time of occurrence.

Is there a way to search for the thread after logging in?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: installing vip trunk   installing vip trunk I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

installing vip trunk
Page 1 of 1