Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 2:49 am

» New to Me Swing
Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??

Go down 
+11
Dimond
"Hi Yo"
CathyN
WingMan02
surlybiker58
model28a
john grinsel
GHM-PM
DanB
Meldrew
adventure boy
15 posters
AuthorMessage
adventure boy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
adventure boy

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2013-05-12

Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  Empty
PostSubject: Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??    Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 7:05 am

Mines a 2010 with only 3300 miles on it but reading a thread on a guy buying an 02 plate wing with 20k miles on it got me thinking
I wonder what sort of mileage these are good for, does anyone ride much of there mileage 2 up ??

does anyone tour 2 up and do any big trips
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4177
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??    Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 8:00 am

I've done a Euro tour with the tunnel bag and soft panniers fitted and Mrs M on the back and it isn't that much different from doing the same thing on a 650 Burgman. As the Silver Wing is about 30kg lighter it's a lot better to hustle round the curves and hills than the lardass Suzuki, less susceptible to crosswinds, more comfortable for the passenger, and the weather protection is better.

I'll have grown bored with my Silver Wing and moved on to something else long before high mileage problems kick in. I'd like to try a MP3 type scooter next and the new Peugeot Metropolis 400i looks interesting.
Back to top Go down
DanB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
DanB

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??    Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 8:37 am

Meldrew wrote:
I've done a Euro tour with the tunnel bag and soft panniers fitted and Mrs M on the back and it isn't that much different from doing the same thing on a 650 Burgman. As the Silver Wing is about 30kg lighter it's a lot better to hustle round the curves and hills than the lardass Suzuki, less susceptible to crosswinds, more comfortable for the passenger, and the weather protection is better.
A most refreshing comparison to the AN 650 since I've had both the 650 and 400 and my wife found both uncomfortable. She said it spread her hips and when she got off the bike she was in pain. That's why I bought a Goldwing, for her comfort. And then she tells me she doesn't want to do long distance touring and so I sold the Wing. Now I'm back to looking at Maxi Scooters but didn't want to get another 650 as my wife says she still up for shorter rides. I'm encouraged by your comments that my wife will find the Silverwing more comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??    Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 9:24 am

When you look at the passenger seat of a 650 Burgman the very wide seat and footboards look ideal compared with the narrower seat and footrests on the Silver Wing.

Mrs M who's 5' 3" tells me that sitting on the rear seat of the Silver Wing is more comfortable and easier to reach the foot pegs which she prefers. The butt rest at the back of the seat is easy to settle into and combined with the Givi back rest she can sit there for long spells without discomfort. Getting on and dismounting the rear seat seems easier for her too, and I'm not so aware of the change in weight as I was on the Burgman.  Smile
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??    Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 9:29 am

Dan your dilemma sounds much like my own... Mine wants me to get a Gold Wing but I am sure as soon as I do she will lose the desire to do any long trips. Trying to ignore her.

Back on topic. I have over 10K on mine and have taken three 1300+ mile trips! Can't wait for the next one either. All done solo as my wife and I will push the SWing over its maximum weight limit. What a Face 
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3296
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??    Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 1:49 pm

SilverWing with proper maint. and OEM parts should be good for 100,000 miles or more-----keeping driveline fresh is the big expense.

Rear Seating----people who do not ride a lot or everyday are usually the ones that suffer----what looks good in showroom does not usually work good on long trips.

Done all the time scooter work well on long trips.

I like to get new bike/scooter each year----thrill in life in the boring US south----I traded my Concours at 56,000 miles, it was spare and I never liked it, One Helix went 50,000. My second Burgman 400 on road since 2012 March has 32,000 miles and newest toy TU250Suzuki May 2013 only 6,000, but it is going to CA this month.
Back to top Go down
DanB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
DanB

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??    Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 2:55 pm

GHM-PM wrote:
Dan your dilemma sounds much like my own...  Mine wants me to get a Gold Wing but I am sure as soon as I do she will lose the desire to do any long trips.  Trying to ignore her. 
Sorry to be off topic here but we only got in 3-500 mile trips Glenn before Mrs. B informs she isn't into long distance riding. Fortunately I sold the GW for more than I paid for it. Funny, we've come full circle back to Maxi Scooters as we used to trailer our scooters to our vacation destinations and do day rides. Deb said she'd be ok with that again.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??    Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 3:21 pm

Back to top Go down
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??    Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 6:25 pm

I just crossed the 10,000 mile mark with my wing today.
Only that went wrong so far is a defective brake light switch
I average 45 to 50 mpg ( real US gallons not the imitations one they have across the pond)
Well built, well engineered, and reliable . I only wish it had more weight carrying capacity for
two up touring.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??    Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 6:39 pm

That pimped up Italian Silver Wing that's in the YouTube clip in the Dashboard Lighting topic has the equivalent of 78000 miles on it's odometer/mileometer.
Back to top Go down
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??    Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 7:36 pm

My 2002 Swing has 50,435 miles and gets me 50 US MPG. I am the third owner and put on 5k of those miles.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??    Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 8:20 pm

I have 44,000 miles on my 2009. I put 40,300 of those miles on myself.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??    Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 10:29 pm

model28a wrote:
Here is a link that shows at lest one with over 285,000 miles.
https://www.silverwing600.com/t775-silver-wing-miles-a-poll?highlight=View+newest+post+++++Whats+the+higest+mileage+Wing+out+there
Reading through the post, no one talked about that scooter. I expect it's either bogus or a typo. Or, maybe they don't have time to talk about it. small moped  small moped  small moped 
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??    Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 11:39 pm

Mid 30s - not very high.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

PostSubject: Re: Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??    Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 2:40 am

I read somewhere that a man got hit and totaled his Silverwing at 285 miles. Tomorrow I will see if I can find the post.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??    Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 6:27 am

surlybiker58 wrote:
I average 45 to 50 mpg ( real US gallons not the imitations one they have across the pond)
Averaging 45 to 50 mpg in real US gallons works out at 54 to 60 mpg in our Imperial gallons. I filled up my Silver Wing a couple of hours ago with 168.7 miles on the trip recorder/meter. That work out as 53.04 mpg US, or 63.7 mpg in proper gallons. Smile
Back to top Go down
eddy
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??    Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 7:34 am

SiWi 600 , 2001 , 30000 km , 47 mpg US.( less in short trips )
Back to top Go down
http://edho@operamail.com
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??    Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 6:33 pm

Meldrew

Our gas is watered down with 10% Ethanol which helps account for the relatively lower MPG over here
besides the size of the gallons.

The American Motorcycle Association is fighting a proposal to raise the percentage to 15% which would probably run havoc with our fuel systems on motorcycle engines
Back to top Go down
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??    Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 7:33 pm

I'm right at 30K miles.  I've owned the bike for 3 years and have experienced NO issues with it at all.  Sometimes I think I'd like to get a regular motorcycle, but I simply can't bring myself to part with the SWing and I haven't found a motorcycle yet that is as handy, efficient, capable and enjoyable as the SWing.  Here's a photo from a recent run I did over Ebbetts Pass in the Sierra Nevadas about a month ago during the big Rim Fire near Yosemite:

Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  SAM_1377
Back to top Go down
Swinger_FJS400
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Swinger_FJS400

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2013-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??    Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 8:14 pm

Mine is 69K miles, 2004 Silverwing cheers 
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??    Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 9:23 pm

Swinger_FJS400 wrote:
Mine is 69K miles, 2004 Silverwing cheers 

Wow!

bounce 
Back to top Go down
echris108
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2013-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??    Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 8:06 pm

hi,guys here.newie from singapore.i got mine at 150 k km.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

PostSubject: Re: Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??    Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 8:44 pm

echris108, welcome to the site you can find almost anything you ever need to know about your Silverwing here. It would be nice of you to follow the link below and introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you and your scooter. What year and how long you have had it would be a good start.welcome 
https://www.silverwing600.com/f1-introductions
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??    Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats the higest mileage Wing out there ??
Page 1 of 1