Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Newbe from Lakewood Calif. I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 2:49 am

» New to Me Swing
Newbe from Lakewood Calif. I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Newbe from Lakewood Calif. I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Newbe from Lakewood Calif. I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Newbe from Lakewood Calif. I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Newbe from Lakewood Calif. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Newbe from Lakewood Calif. I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Newbe from Lakewood Calif. I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Newbe from Lakewood Calif. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Newbe from Lakewood Calif. I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Newbe from Lakewood Calif.

Go down 
+2
JeffR
DennisB
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Newbe from Lakewood Calif. Empty
PostSubject: Newbe from Lakewood Calif.   Newbe from Lakewood Calif. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 8:46 pm

Hi every one I just bought a Brand New 2008 (ABS) Swing from Mid City Honda in Bellflower Calif. I paid $6400 + T/L. affraid Thats a Killer price Base price is $8500 for the same bike. Thay have one more non ABS for the same price Smile This is my first Swing and I plan to ride it every day. I only have one hand so I thought this is the bike for me because it's a very nice looking bike and EZ to ride. The first thing I have to do is to switch the brake lines from left to right. I only have one hand and its my right and I wear a HOOK on my left. So I need the main handle on my right side. So I just thought I would say HELLO to all my new Swing friends affraid
What are some things I should know about the bike?? What are some of the issue I should look out for??
OH and Mid City Has one more non ABS bike for $6499.00 Base price is 8000.00
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Newbe from Lakewood Calif.   Newbe from Lakewood Calif. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 9:11 pm

Hi,

Welcome aboard, The one thing you need to be aware of is...you will never want to get off of it. It's just so much fun. cheers

Ride safe,

DennisB
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Newbe from Lakewood Calif.   Newbe from Lakewood Calif. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 9:47 pm

Welcome to the site and congrats on your new SWing. There really isn't a lot to know since these things are almost bullet-proof. I would just make sure you service it according to the manual and it should last a long time. When you get time you shoudl go to the "Gallery" and create your own "Album" so you can post some pics of your SWing and of some rides you do. Congrats and Welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: Newbe from Lakewood Calif.   Newbe from Lakewood Calif. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 1:44 am

i bought the other 2008 Silver Wing from the Honda Dealership in Bellflower at about 11:30 am. They were asking $6499 but I paid around $6400 myself. Killer deal.

I really enjoy my bike so far but I need to get my motorcycle license asap. I commute about 60 miles a day and look forward to splitting traffic on 405 freeway. Have you been on the freeway yet?

I would like to get a bigger windshield and maybe a rear travel compartment. Have you researched these aftermarket items yet?

Hope to hear from you....Russ
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Newbe from Lakewood Calif.   Newbe from Lakewood Calif. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 2:00 am

Russ,

Welcome to the site and if you go to the "Silver Wing Links for parts and accessorys" you will see a couple of companies at the very bottom of the topic. They are "Scootertrap" and TWTouring". You can get many aftermarket parts by both companies.

Have you thought about the riders course that allows you to not have to take the riding test at the DMV? It is much easier to get your license that way. And splitting trafffic if California is really nice...just be careful. You should also go to the "Gallery" and create your own "Album" and post some pics of your new SWing. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: Newbe from Lakewood Calif.   Newbe from Lakewood Calif. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:54 am

russ121765 wrote:
i bought the other 2008 Silver Wing from the Honda Dealership in Bellflower at about 11:30 am. They were asking $6499 but I paid around $6400 myself. Killer deal.

I really enjoy my bike so far but I need to get my motorcycle license asap. I commute about 60 miles a day and look forward to splitting traffic on 405 freeway. Have you been on the freeway yet?

I would like to get a bigger windshield and maybe a rear travel compartment. Have you researched these aftermarket items yet?

Hope to hear from you....Russ
Have not been on the freeway yet I pick mine up on Monday. I bought mine this morning and its still I there warehouse. I got the one with ABS brakes. I only have one hand and I had them switch the brake lines left to the right. Funny thing I know how much they are and when I saw the price I had to buy one.......So I did !! Jeff was my sales man
Mark
PS I guess I can delete the post about the last one Smile Cuz It's GONE NOW affraid
Back to top Go down
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Newbe from Lakewood Calif.   Newbe from Lakewood Calif. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 5:51 am

Hi guys, welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Newbe from Lakewood Calif.   Newbe from Lakewood Calif. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:00 am

Gentlemen,

Welcome to the forum, and enjoy the bikes. The MSF (or other) rider courses are really great and they even offer an experienced course once you've got a few thousand miles under your belt.

The SilverWing is so incredibly easy to ride - truly just twist and go. You need to have balance and common sense.

Congratulations on a great decision and deal.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com

PostSubject: Re: Newbe from Lakewood Calif.   Newbe from Lakewood Calif. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 4:53 pm

Welcome. I got just as good deal from my dealer 3 weeks ago. The best part was an incredible trade-in value for Reflex I had. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Newbe from Lakewood Calif.   Newbe from Lakewood Calif. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 5:24 pm

hooksup2 wrote:
This is my first Swing and I plan to ride it every day. I only have one hand so I thought this is the bike for me because it's a very nice looking bike and EZ to ride.

My hat is off to you (and yes I do have a cowboy hat). Smile

hooksup2 wrote:
The first thing I have to
do is to switch the brake lines from left to right. I only have one
hand and its my right and I wear a HOOK on my left.

I tried searching a little bit to see if anyone/anyway to convert the left hand brake to a foot brake.

hooksup2 wrote:
What are some things I should know about the bike??

If you do not keep the front and rear (which also provides more front braking with the combined braking), then slow speed maneuvers and braking will be more challenging.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbe from Lakewood Calif.   Newbe from Lakewood Calif. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 6:21 pm

Thanks for the nice comments. I do ride with my "HOOK" so I can still use my front brake. I switched the brakes so in case of a real fast or hard braking I can grab the right brake with out pitching me over the handle bars. affraid I have a lot of plans for me and the bike. I want to do a bike Vacation so this was the bike of choice for me Smile
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Newbe from Lakewood Calif.   Newbe from Lakewood Calif. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:47 pm

Welcome from the U.K
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbe from Lakewood Calif.   Newbe from Lakewood Calif. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbe from Lakewood Calif.
Page 1 of 1