Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» YSS rear shocks for sale
Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Yesterday at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Greetings From Lakewood, CO

Go down 
+3
jdeereanton
The Scootist
JeffR
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Greetings From Lakewood, CO Empty
PostSubject: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Greetings,

My name is Malcolm O'Brien. I'm a new member located in Lakewood, CO. My Wife Melissa and I replaced our miniscooters (mine a Metropolitan, hers a Geeley) with 2007 Silverwings last march when gas prices were heading for thier worst. With me at 6'8" and 300+ pounds, the Metro, while fun, wasnt really a viable solution for transportation outside the immediate vicinity of the house. We both absolutely love the S'Wings, although it took some getting used to not to crank the throttle wide open like I did on the metro. '

I look forward to participating in this community.

Malcolm
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 3:10 pm

Malcom,

We would like to welcome you and Melissa to the site. Please post pics of your bikes and yourselves in the Album section. I think we have 1 or 2 other couples here that each ride Silver Wings. I know what you mean about opening the throttle.. When I went from the Majesty to the Silver Wing I was merging on the interstate right when I left the dealer, gave it throttle to get up to speed, and almost rear ended the car in front of me. I was tring to merge behind them and the difference in power between the Majesty and Silver Wing was really something. Again, welcome and post some pictures if you get a chance.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 4:40 pm

Welcome to the site! The S'Wings do take a little getting use to. I need to get out on mine more, but I'm loving my ST1300 right now so my husband is keeping the S'Wing rolling & enjoying it. Do post some photos when you can.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 11:28 am

Hello Malcom and welcome!
I think you will really like this forum. You can get a lot of very valuable information about various modifications and maintenance from people who have been riding the Silverwing for quite a while. I am glad to see another Silverwing owner from Colorado. I live in Littleton and work in Golden. My wife, Judi, and I have a 2007 (non abs) Swing that has become my primary mode of travel - at least when the roads aren't icy. If you and Melissa are interested, perhaps Judi and I could meet up with you guys some time. I am trying to get Judi interested in getting her own bike, but so far she has been resistant. But maybe with encouragement from another woman rider...
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 12:33 pm

Malcom & Melissa,

Welcome to both of you. Kim and I each ride '05 SilverWings our second bikes after riding a pair of Reflexes. The SilverWings are great bikes for local riding and touring around the country. We really enjoy ours and wish the two of you the best. this is really a good forum, do participate.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 5:56 pm

Another from Colorado.
I'm Jon Callihan, artist from Lafayette, Colorado.
The scoot is a 2007 (new last August, after I dropped my BMW K1100LT at a stop sign). I love the step thru, low center of gravity and ease of riding.

Jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 6:23 pm

Hello Jon:
Hmmm. There are most Silverwing owners here in Colorado than I was aware of. Maybe I will see you out and about some time. Have fun and ride safe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:51 pm

Welcome, watch out you if you go all out you will be in OH before you know it!
Colorado is really a beautiful state and you must love being able to ride there.

And Jon I have a friend with a LT1200 and stopped for ice cream and there wasn't small hole and he stepped into it and over he went. Doesn't take much with those big bikes. The BMW's are sure beautiful but a lot to handle.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 2:25 pm

Coralee,

I did about the same thing -- pulled up to a stop sign at the exit from a parking lot. I wanted to turn left, so was on the left side of the road. I put my left foot down, it was about 4 inches lower than I expected. Bam. Thank my god that a young couple and mother-in-law were in a car in the parking lot. They all ran over, the young man worried about the bike, the wife and Mother-in-Law worried about me. We got the K1100 back on its tires. I thanked them. They went on their way, I came home and then to the scooter store. The rest, as they say, is history.
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:13 am

Greetings from "Old Dave" in Western Ne. Scottsbluff to be exact....Malcom.
My daughter and her husband live in Littleton about a mile from Raccoon Creek Golf Course. I've played that a few times. I have a 2005 S-Wing and love to ride it. Jon and I have been discussing riding to Sturgis from what I hear, there were quit a few S-Wings there this last August.
I purchased my scooter used on July 24, 2008 and have about 4300miles on it now. I put a "Bestem" T-box on it some blue LED's under it and in the cowl, a Three Brothers back extension.
Have fun, Just "Old Dave"
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 1:36 pm

Hello DaveR:
I live in Littleton - only about 2 1/2 miles south of Raccoon Creek golf course. That is a pretty nice course from what I have heard, but I have not played it yet.

"Sturgis on a Swing"?? hmmm, you guys are living on the edge. Have fun.

DaveC
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 4:56 pm

Hello DaveC.

Hell, why not Sturgis on a Swing? I saw a Discover Channel thing on Sturgis (last year's, I think). One of the featured "uniformed finest" was on a Maxi. It could have been either a Swing or a Burgie. He claimed that it gave him an edge with the other bikers.

Besides which, Old Dave is only 72 or so, I'm 71, so with 143 years of life, go for it kid.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:06 pm

Jon:
Actually, the idea of a whole fleet (?) of Silverwings pulling into downtown Sturgis sounds like a blast! That might just make headlines or the national news. Let me know if you guys do it...
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:40 pm

You got it.
A whole fleet?
How big is a fleet of Silverwings?
There are at least three of us in the Denver area now, add Old Dave, maybe another one or two????
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:49 am

How big is a fleet? Good question. I'm not sure exactly. Three is a start, but three sounds more like a squadron - or part of one. I think to qualify as a fleet we would need quite a few more. A dozen might be enough to be called a pack - A fleet would be at least a couple of packs... preferably more. I'm picturing a parade-like procession here...

There must be more than three Silverwing owners along the front range... So maybe we need to include anybody with a Maxi?
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 3:51 pm

DaveC,

Why not? But I seriously doubt that there are a parade-like procession set of maxis anywhere around here, especially when you suggest that they set off to terrorize a really big bunch of Hawgs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 1:57 pm

A buddy of mine was trying to start up a scooter business here in denver recently (unfortunaltely the 49 cc Geeleys were not very reliable) and he took one of the little guys out to sturgis a couple of years ago, stayed at Buffalo Chip. Apparently the Harley guys were really into the scooter. Melissa is talking about maybe doing Sturgis this year, we have a bunch of friends that go up on Harleys, and we have always wanted to join in, so this may be the year.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 5:14 pm

Did he ride the Geeley from here to there?

One of my ClassMates contacts is trying to convince me to come up this year.
He is staying (camping) at Tillford Gulch.

At my age, camping is something like Motel 6. I'm looking for accommodations somewhere near.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 11:58 pm

My name is Glenn Gray. I live in west central New Mexico. I am an old guy trying to enjoy the end game of life. I own a 04 Silverwing , a 05 Reflex, an 03 Atlantic 500, and a couple of Kawasaki 250 Ninjas that I am converting to electric. I go to a scooter gathering in Eureka Springs, Arkansas each year and hope to join you folks in Arizona for some summer rides. I have owned many scooters and cycles in my life and I consider the Silverwing to be one of the best. And, when I pass a Harley at 100 plus MPH it just makes me feel so good knowing they feel so bad. Yes, I have owned many really fast bikes but, I never got that warm fuzzy feeling doing it on one of them.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 12:03 am

Glen,

Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy it. Please post a picture of you and your bikes in the Album section. It must be nice to have so many different scoots and you live in an area you can ride alot. I had a Reflex and a Majesty before the SWing and really liked them, but the SWing is in a totally different class.

If you get the chance, can you tell us the differences between the Atlantic and the SWing? I have read about the Atlantic but was wondering how they compare with power, speed, comfort, etc. Again welcome to the site.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 9:52 pm

Jeff, If I want to impress a female I take them on the Atlantic. There is a reason Corbin doesnt make a replacement seat for that scooter.But, I ride alone most of the time and the Silverwing impresses me. As for performance the Atlantic is no slouch it just aint no Silverwing.The Atlantic is also a higher maintenance scooter and doesnt have the resale value of the Honda. Would I buy another Atlantic? No. Would I buy another Silverwing? Yes. This is my second Silverwing. I sold the first one because I felt I would kill myself on it .I couldnt keep it below 90 MPH on these long lonely New Mexico roads. I was 63 and foolish back then and I feel that I have matured now that I am 67. Or I hope I have. Thanx, GG
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:12 pm

Glenn Gray wrote:
I was 63 and foolish back then and I feel that I have matured now that I am 67. Or I hope I have.

Why start now Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:05 pm

Bill, Back in the midfifties my dad and I flew to Georgetown to look at a Schweitzer sailplane. While at the airport a man and his grandson crasher his ercoupe. Later in the midseventies I lived in Shulenburg and again visited Georgetown. Small world isnt it. GG
Back to top Go down
Haskell
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:27 pm

Glenn Gray wrote:
. I was 63 and foolish back then and I feel that I have matured now that I am 67.

Nah.........................you haven't. That's why our group has so much fun at the Renegade Rally. Looking forward to seeing you and your LA buddy in E.S.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:52 am

Not sure the adventuresome type ever grow up!!! That's what I like about my retired group. I love to see the guys in their 70's and 80's still have that adventuresome spirit.
We all have to grow old but we don't have to grow up. bounce
I'm counting the days until spring to get on my new Wing...
Welcome to you both :D
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:39 am

This is "Old Dave" in Western Nebraska...
According to one of the Harley Riders here in Scottsbluff, .......He said there were quite a few Maxi Scooters in Sturgis this last year...Does anyone know of someone who might have gone up there?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Lakewood, CO   Greetings From Lakewood, CO I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings From Lakewood, CO
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: