Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Some Cool New Helmets for attention I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 11:19 am

» New to Me Swing
Some Cool New Helmets for attention I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Some Cool New Helmets for attention I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Some Cool New Helmets for attention I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Some Cool New Helmets for attention I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Some Cool New Helmets for attention I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Some Cool New Helmets for attention I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Some Cool New Helmets for attention I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Some Cool New Helmets for attention I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Some Cool New Helmets for attention I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Some Cool New Helmets for attention

Go down 
+5
hotwings
Meldrew
stanly
DickO
dspevack
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Some Cool New Helmets for attention Empty
PostSubject: Some Cool New Helmets for attention   Some Cool New Helmets for attention I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 7:11 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Qsww-2y_hV0

Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Some Cool New Helmets for attention   Some Cool New Helmets for attention I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 8:44 pm

How "cool" would it be to catch one of those hanging ropes on something as you go zinging by????? Or are they just there for decoration??
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Some Cool New Helmets for attention   Some Cool New Helmets for attention I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 9:11 pm

Now Dick, anyone who has seen the movie knows those are part of the look of the predator. Those decorations are made of foam rubber. Says so in the video.

Should I get off your lawn too?

What kind of stunt riding are you doing that anything would be close enough to your head to get caught?
Back to top Go down
stanly
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2013-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Some Cool New Helmets for attention   Some Cool New Helmets for attention I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 11:11 pm

their website says down for maint.
I like the side LEDs though
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Some Cool New Helmets for attention   Some Cool New Helmets for attention I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 2:18 am

dspevack wrote:
Now Dick, anyone who has seen the movie knows those are part of the look of the predator. Those decorations are made of foam rubber. Says so in the video.

Should I get off your lawn too?

What kind of stunt riding are you doing that anything would be close enough to your head to get caught?

Well, it has always been the function of the helmet to protect the head when crashing; not "lookin' goood" as you go down. The "roundness" and "smoothness" of the helmet were, as I was taught, there to guard against any "snagging" or "catching" if someone happened to be skidding along the ground.

That snagging or catching, if it occurred, would / could cause a snapping or ricochet of the head in a different direction than would be desirable, thus causing considerable injury (should "any" part or projection of the helmet get caught on or bounce off any other stationary object while the head is still in motion).

Now... is that wrong?? Isn't that what proper helmet design is suppose to take care of?? So, while those Predator helmets really "look cool", to some, in my estimation they pose a danger to whomever would want to wear it. Has nothing to do with stunt driving (stunt crashing, maybe).

And you're right. Stay offa' my lawn! I've been trying to get grass going out there for several years now and have had the worst luck. Besides, it's awful wet and muddy out there!
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Some Cool New Helmets for attention   Some Cool New Helmets for attention I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 3:03 am

$780 to look like a bell end, I'm sure there are less expensive options. Neutral
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Some Cool New Helmets for attention   Some Cool New Helmets for attention I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 7:31 am

Props left over from a sci fi movie flop? I can only see these helmets appealing to the 8-10 year old age market.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Some Cool New Helmets for attention   Some Cool New Helmets for attention I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 8:03 am

That snagging or catching, if it occurred, would / could cause a snapping or ricochet of the head in a different direction than would be desirable, thus causing considerable injury (should "any" part or projection of the helmet get caught on or bounce off any other stationary object while the head is still in motion).

I saw a programme on TV regarding the design of helmets for parachute troops; the 'normal' ones they wore were not round and the damage caused to the wearer if they caught on the ground was due to the head stopping and the brain rotating within the skull.
I guess it's the same for motorcycle helmets and wearers.
Back to top Go down
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2013-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Some Cool New Helmets for attention   Some Cool New Helmets for attention I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 7:08 pm

Those look like they would be great for the Patriot Riders to wear when they get between the WBC a$$#oles and grieving families of fallen soldiers. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Some Cool New Helmets for attention   Some Cool New Helmets for attention I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 12:02 am

Just a bit too freaky for me. affraid
Back to top Go down
Nowun
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Nowun

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2012-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Some Cool New Helmets for attention   Some Cool New Helmets for attention I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 2:02 pm

Now this guy does proper helmet custom jobs ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGJ5ubAgoio

Last edited by Nowun on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Cool New Helmets for attention   Some Cool New Helmets for attention I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Cool New Helmets for attention
Page 1 of 1