Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Silverwing Brakes
Recommended extra storage options? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:15 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Recommended extra storage options? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:50 pm

» LF extended back rest
Recommended extra storage options? I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Yesterday at 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Recommended extra storage options? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Recommended extra storage options? I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Yesterday at 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Recommended extra storage options? I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Recommended extra storage options? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Recommended extra storage options? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Recommended extra storage options? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Recommended extra storage options? I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Recommended extra storage options?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Recommended extra storage options? Empty
PostSubject: Recommended extra storage options?   Recommended extra storage options? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:03 pm

Yes despite the cavernous storage under the seat, I want more storage! What do you experts recommend?
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Recommended extra storage options?   Recommended extra storage options? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:40 pm

ShortandTimid wrote:
Yes despite the cavernous storage under the seat, I want more storage! What do you experts recommend?

A top box on top of the aluminum wing is great storage additiion.

There are Givi, Besteem and JC Whitney top boxes.

I have the Givi E52 (52 litres), which was one of the first things I ordered when I got my SWing. Givi now has a E55 (55 litres) ... I have never been sorry for buying the largest box. I have maxed my Givi E-52 and seat storage multiple times.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Recommended extra storage options?   Recommended extra storage options? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:55 pm

If you don't ride 2 up very often you may want to try this:

www.cruiserbag.com

They also give you a nice backrest too. I was thinking of getting one of these one day. But the topcase is the best option and then the crusierbag is you need more storage.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Recommended extra storage options?   Recommended extra storage options? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:10 pm

Typical choices are in order of preference usefulness and size.
1. Top box (You can also buy a rack that goes atop the GIVI and attach another bag.)
2. Tunnel bag
3. Cruiser Bag
4. Soft Sided Saddle bags
5. Corbin has a small compartment that attaches to some of their backrests.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Recommended extra storage options?   Recommended extra storage options? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:21 pm

Hi Again Shorty,
If money is an object with you, I would recommend the Bestem 929 Top Box. I've been using one for about a month and a half and have had no problems with it. It's a good-sized one, measuring a hair over 69 liters. It's not fancy like the Givi cases but it does have an LED brake light on it and the whole thing looks pretty good too. In case you'd like to look for yourself: http://www.bestemusa.com/index.php?osCsid=1bdea3c55778f53b7caf3e73702b220a
Also, to save $10.00 over the "Bestem" site, go to: CruiserBackRest site: http://www.cruiserbackrest.com/product_info.php?products_id=402. . At least it was cheaper a few weeks ago.
Good luck... there's a lot of good stuff out there!

Last edited by DickO on Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add url.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommended extra storage options?   Recommended extra storage options? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recommended extra storage options?
Page 1 of 1