Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Too Many Givi Options I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 11:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Too Many Givi Options I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 11:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
Too Many Givi Options I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 9:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Too Many Givi Options I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 8:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Too Many Givi Options I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Too Many Givi Options I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:05 am

» Drive belt prices
Too Many Givi Options I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Too Many Givi Options I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Too Many Givi Options I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Too Many Givi Options I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Too Many Givi Options

Go down 
+3
john grinsel
MikeO
RedCinema
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RedCinema
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RedCinema

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2023-06-22

Too Many Givi Options Empty
PostSubject: Too Many Givi Options   Too Many Givi Options I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2023 12:41 pm

So many options, so hard to choose. Brake light option (I see Admore mentioned, and Givi sells some installed already and some with kits) confuses matters even more. What are people's favorite Givi topcase installs?
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3791
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Too Many Givi Options   Too Many Givi Options I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2023 5:52 pm

Givi E52 with an Admore (mini) light-bar mounted using the two back bolts of the Givi rack.
If you look in my Gallery you will find photos I took while I was installing it.

https://www.silverwing600.com/gallery/Personal-album-of-MikeO/Personal-album-of-MikeO-cat_u308.htm
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3297
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Too Many Givi Options   Too Many Givi Options I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2023 6:50 pm

my 1998 E-46 works well, hole cut in top for dog----over 500,000 miles on a variety of bike/scooter.

Their stuff while expensive is pretty good---Their adjustable windshield about best choice for SilverWing! Kinda controls buffeting.
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Too Many Givi Options   Too Many Givi Options I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2023 7:09 pm

Givi makes 2 lines: Monolock and Monokey- in general, the Monokey cases are a little thicker with their walls, so less ‘flimsy’ but the Monolock cases are still very good, just less expensive. I also have an E52 Monokey (bought it used) and put an Admore kit in the case where the red reflectors are- I have it hooked to my brake lights and a flasher to alert traffic behind me. I can’t post a video of the lights working on here, but if you want to see it and the flasher in use, PM me your email and I’ll send the video clip that way.
Back to top Go down
Leena H
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Leena H

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2016-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Too Many Givi Options   Too Many Givi Options I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2023 7:12 pm

Givi V47 with brake light kit and inner bag was my choice. Big enough if you like to make longer tours, inner bag helps to get your stuff if not camping that I prefer to do. When touring in Norway I pick the EA 101 soft side bags for lighter things like sleeping bag etc and EA126 cylinder bag for tent and other heavier gear. Finally a tunnel bag for things that need to handy.

Last edited by Leena H on Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RedCinema
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RedCinema

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2023-06-22

PostSubject: many thanks   Too Many Givi Options I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2023 7:22 pm

I appreciate all this info.

I haven't been able to see rhyme or reason to the E, V, B nomenclature, likewise the word "tech" prompts a shrug. Is it just the ones with "tech" in the name are smoke gray vs. red reflectors?

Just back from a run up to Buttsville, where Johnny's sells a quality hot dog (cooked in peanut oil!) and another gas up, which as my second begins to confirm what everyone says about mileage and the generous warning about being low on fuel.

I'm interested in a top case with brake lights, and will likely engage the assistance of a buddy who's at least 1000% percent better with tools than I am if I'm able to go that route.

Thanks all!
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Too Many Givi Options   Too Many Givi Options I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2023 8:37 pm

If memory serves, the total tank volume is 4.2 gallons, of which 0.9 is the reserve- that’s about 40 miles but I would never push it that hard. As soon as that last LCD on the fuel gauge starts to flash, start looking for a station. I have been in that situation once and thought I would run it dry because I was on a detour and there were no gas stations without riding a bit. When It runs to the last flashing LCD and I refill, it’s typically 3.3 gallons to full, so the math works out for the 0.9 gallon reserve. Most of the time I get ~ 48 mpg (I think the newer ones with the O2 sensor do a little better- mine is an 03).
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Too Many Givi Options   Too Many Givi Options I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2023 1:54 pm

RedCinema wrote:
I haven't been able to see rhyme or reason to the E, V, B nomenclature, likewise the word "tech" prompts a shrug. Is it just the ones with "tech" in the name are smoke gray vs. red reflectors?

I'm interested in a top case with brake lights, and will likely engage the assistance of a buddy who's at least 1000% percent better with tools than I am if I'm able to go that route.

Givi stuff is simple enough to fathom out, you either want a top box to fit a Givi Monokey rear rack or a Givi Monolock rear rack.

You needn't worry about E, V, B or whatever, just find the size you need in litres and buy it. Do you want it small and compact or able to store one full face helmet, or two if you carry a pillion.

What's confusing about red v smoke grey reflectors? It's just the colour of the reflector trim on the rear of the case that you can match with the colour of the rear lights plastic on your scooter.

I bought a Givi E55 with grey reflectors to match my new Silver Wing in 2010. The Silver Wing is long gone and the E55 has been on my Forza since late 2018. Having looked at the Givi website recently I'm now considering a larger size box

If it was me I wouldn't waste my money and complicate things buying a rear light kit, they're totally unnecessary. I've never been behind a bike or scooter with it's top box fitted with lights. There's thousands of fast food delivery riders riding about on small capacity scooters with big black rear boxes far larger than anything Givi manufactures, and they don't have lights on them.
Back to top Go down
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2023-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Too Many Givi Options   Too Many Givi Options I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2023 3:01 pm

Meldrew wrote:
RedCinema wrote:

Givi stuff is simple enough to fathom out, you either want a top box to fit a Givi Monokey rear rack or a Givi Monolock rear rack.

You needn't worry about E, V, B or whatever, just find the size you need in litres and buy it. Do you want it small and compact or able to store one full face helmet, or two if you carry a pillion.

What's confusing about red v smoke grey reflectors? It's just the colour of the reflector trim on the rear of the case that you can match with the colour of the rear lights plastic on your scooter.

I bought a Givi E55 with grey reflectors to match my new Silver Wing in 2010. The Silver Wing is long gone and the E55 has been on my Forza since late 2018. Having looked at the Givi website recently I'm now considering a larger size box

If it was me I wouldn't waste my money and complicate things buying a rear light kit, they're totally unnecessary. I've never been behind a bike or scooter with it's top box fitted with lights. There's thousands of fast food delivery riders riding about on small capacity scooters with big black rear boxes far larger than anything Givi manufactures, and they don't have lights on them.
You can change out the grey reflectors to red ones on their site and I added their light kit which I hooked up to the brake lights makes you much more visible instead of just the tiny stock rear brake light,I tap the brake a few times when I see people approaching me if I’m at a red lights,,I’m going to add red led’s under the passenger handgrips to make me more visible from the sides at night…I just bought a nice light jacket with 5 pc CE armor in hi viz color,I was looking at airbag vests but decided on just a jacket.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lickitysplit11111/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too Many Givi Options   Too Many Givi Options I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Too Many Givi Options
Page 1 of 1