Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 9:19 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» checking the oil
Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Fri May 03, 2024 7:41 am

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada

Go down 
+2
JeffR
honda_silver
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada   Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:00 pm

My Silverwing is a few weeks old, I love it but am going to have to do a lot of riding to get more confident --- I'm not a natural rider! I am only 5'2" so I got boots with a bit of a heel to be able to touch ground.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada   Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:45 pm

ShortandTimid wrote:
My Silverwing is a few weeks old, I love it but am going to have to do a lot of riding to get more confident --- I'm not a natural rider!

Welcome to the SWing world and forum.

If you have not take a motorcycle safety course, I would strong encourage you sign up for one.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada   Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:54 pm

Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy it. Like Bill said, think about taking a course and it should help you out. Try to put some pics of your bike and you in the Album section if you get a chance. We would all like to see your bike. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada   Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:04 pm

Hi Shorty... Wink Exclamation
And welcome to this great forum. All the info and comaraderie(sp) you can handle, no matter how "timid" you are Laughing Exclamation
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada   Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:23 pm

ShortandTimid,

Welcome, enjoy the forum and good luck with your MSF or whatever it may be called in the great white north.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Janice
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Janice

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada   Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 8:51 am

Welcome from Toronto

The S'Wing is a very rare breed in Canada. It's great to see another canuck. I totally agree with JeffR. A safety course is invaluable. I took mine through Humber College - an amazing course. There is so much more to know about being on two wheels than just turning the throttle, and the S'Wing is a very powerfull machine. The more you know, the more confident you'll be, and the more you'll enjoy the ride
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada   Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:57 pm

welcome from the uk

the more you ride the more confidence you will get, ride at your pace and do things you feel comfortable with Smile if you go out with others dont feel the need to get out of your comfort zone true friends will wait
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada   Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 3:46 am

Just take it easy. Ignore people honking at you.

My street riding experience was ZERO a month ago. I've already put 2000 miles on my S-Wing and I feel a lot more confident. My challenge, now, is to bear in mind what I DON'T know. For example: I don't know what kind of lean angle and cornering forces the bike can handle before I end up in the weeds. I think that kind of "unknown" is a good thing, actually. I don't WANT to know the answer, and I hope I never find out. I'm sure the bike's capabilities are far beyond my level of bravery.

I have the opposite problem from yours: I'm a full foot taller than you are, and I'm trying to figure out how to make the bike fit me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada   Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada
Page 1 of 1