Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
GaryC Introduction I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 9:19 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
GaryC Introduction I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» checking the oil
GaryC Introduction I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Fri May 03, 2024 7:41 am

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
GaryC Introduction I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
GaryC Introduction I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
GaryC Introduction I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
GaryC Introduction I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
GaryC Introduction I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
GaryC Introduction I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
GaryC Introduction I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

GaryC Introduction

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GaryC
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2020-08-26

GaryC Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Manitowaning, Ontario, Canada   GaryC Introduction I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2020 9:46 am

Gary here... I just replied to a post concerning electrical accessory additions to a Silverwing and realized that i should have done my introduction here, so there will be some duplication.

I've just "upgraded" from my 2014 Forza NSS300A to a 2006 Silverwing FSC600A; both have ABS and the same Honda quality, so I have little concerns about age or the kilometers already registered.

I want to express my appreciation to the organizers of this forum and to the members who contribute so freely and exhaustively... this is a wonderful facility to augment our understanding of the many complex issues that the manufacturer, dealers and their technical people don't always succeed in making it easy for us users to understand. As a "for instance": I'm 72 years old and have been involved with cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, airplanes and ATVs since my teens and yet I never fully understood what tire wear bars/ indicators are; in fact, maybe I still don't get it but while glancing through a new post here a few minutes ago, I saw a picture that I was able to zoom (thanks for the high-resolution image that allowed that!) and think I may now understand. I have a brand new set of Bridgestone Hoop tires and the same factory-equipped original tires at 14K km still on the bike to study and will do that shortly. When any mechanic would talk about wear bars, I would just nod my head mechanically since it seemed like i should know that yet deep down I really didn't know what to look for yet was too embarrassed to ask! I think that this forum allows for that kind of user... me.

Gary
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

GaryC Introduction Empty
PostSubject: GaryC Introduction   GaryC Introduction I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2020 3:57 pm

GaryC wrote:
... snipped ... Gary here... I realized that i should have done my introduction here, so there will be some duplication. Gary

Actually you are in the right forum, but you have responded within somebody else's thread.

Back out a bit, go to the Introductions forum, click on "New Topic" and start your own introduction thread there. That way, the entire thread will be devoted to your introduction and you won't be lost within someone else's thread.
Back to top Go down

GaryC Introduction
Page 1 of 1