Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
Hello from South Florida I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
Hello from South Florida I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
Hello from South Florida I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Hello from South Florida I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Hello from South Florida I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello from South Florida I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Hello from South Florida I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Hello from South Florida I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Hello from South Florida I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Hello from South Florida I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from South Florida

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
yahooie
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2012-08-02

Hello from South Florida Empty
PostSubject: Hello from South Florida   Hello from South Florida I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:16 pm

Hi All, I am really excited about my new silverwing. I bought a used 2009 with just under 3500 miles. I just upgraded from a Kymco Grand Vista 250. I honestly loved that little bike but so far am totally exstatic about the new bike. I bought an extended warranty as the bike was used and not sure if they showed it love so rather be safe then sorry. I have already been reading up a lot on the site and lots of information to look over. I do have a question for you all and would appreciate any and all input.
As I said this bike only has, well now has 3800 miles and has only had its maiden 600 mile service. I asked the dealer where I bought it if they changed the oil as it may have been sitting for a bit and they said no just checked to make sure its clean and no water. Ok, didnt think they wouldn't do the oil change after getting the bike in but whatever. Now to my question. I am getting a lot of vibration out of the bike when accelerating. I start it up and let it warm up as a lot here in the forum suggest and that doesnt help. I am not a bike guy or long time mechanic. When I asked the dealer about it they said its because the bike has a lot of torque. I plan on doing an oil change myself along with the final gear oil change as well. Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Also, I read the forum on the oil changes and many are mentioning 10w-40 for the heat which I will get but this may be a silly question. I am assuming that they are talking about 10w-40 motorcycle oil and not car oil or are they? Wet clutch/Dry clutch I am confused. Thanks all and sorry for the novel.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hello from South Florida 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Florida   Hello from South Florida I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:26 am

welcome Howdy and welcome to the forum. If you think you wrote a novel, wait until you read about the different oil choices (think encyclopedia). Seriously, if you go to the search function at the top of the page and put in oil changes, you will find a lot of information and some excellent tips in the maintenance section. As to the clutch being dry or wet; there is no clutch. On the vibration issue, is it when first starting out or all the time? Two different issues. Again, look in the search area and put in vibration. There are good tips on both areas. This may sound like I don't want to help, but a lot of experienced people have put a lot of information there just for you. It has sure helped me.
Back to top Go down
jmcamionero71
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
jmcamionero71

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2012-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Florida   Hello from South Florida I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:55 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum welcome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Florida   Hello from South Florida I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from South Florida
Page 1 of 1