Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 12:04 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter? I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

» Silverwing Brakes
What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter? I_icon_minitimeby Silverwingdays Fri May 10, 2024 6:20 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter? I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter? I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter? I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter? I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter? Empty
PostSubject: What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter?   What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter? I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:09 am

Hi All,

Most of you will answer this with "a cell phone" which is a darn good thing to have out on the road with you. But, what other tools do you carry with you. A flash light, air pump, tire repair kit, extra spark plugs? Suspect

DennisB Smile
Back to top Go down
MikeH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MikeH

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter?   What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter? I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 11:44 am

I carry the Honda toolkit (my scoot is a 2002 and did include the kit, such as it is, back then), a compact screwdriver/socket set, a leatherman type tool, a flashlight, a small air compressor, a small set of jumper cables, and a small first aid kit (and of course, a cell phone).

The only tool I have ever used on the road in 3 1/2 years and 25,000 miles is the air compressor. I also used the jumper cables to jump start my son's friend's motorcycle one time.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter?   What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter? I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 11:57 am

Hi Mike,

What type of small air compressor (Make and Model number) do you carry with you?

DennisB
Back to top Go down
MikeH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MikeH

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter?   What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter? I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:29 pm

I have the Slime Power Sport Tire Inflator (#40001). It has worked well for me. Here is a link to a product report I did on the yahoo Silverwing forum shortly after I got the compressor

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/hondasilverwings/message/58482

Here is a link to the Slime website

http://www.slime.com/product/111/Power-Sport-Tire-Inflator-(%2340001).html

Lastly, here is a link to a webBikeWorld review of the Slime and another unit. WBW did not give the Slime very high marks. I have not experienced the same problems that they did. My only complaint about the slime is lack of a built in pressure gauge. Based on that alone I would probably go with the AirMan Sparrow. It was not available (or at least I was not aware of it) at the time I purchased the Slime

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/motorcycle-tire-air-pump/slime-pump-vs-airman-sparrow/
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter?   What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter? I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:43 pm

Thank's Mike,

I've been carring around a CO2 inflator kit but I think I'm going to go with a small air compressor instead. Once your out of CO2 your out of the game.

Thank's again for the great information. Alot of people will benifit from this. sunny

DennisB
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter?   What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter? I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:47 pm

The tools I have onboard are: socket (metric) set, screwdriver, pliers, hex socket set, small electrical repair items, e-tape and fuses. I also carry tire repair kit with CO2, small first aid kit and tire pressure gauge. The tools have a nice case and stores in the under seat trunk and weigh about 5-8lbs. (knock on wood) I've never had to use them on the road, but have used them to help other stranded riders. I'm the ..."better to have it and not need it" type. Now my JCW "giganta-trunk" mounted on the tail I have room for a small family of wilderbeasts! affraid
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter?   What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter? I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 1:33 pm

wilderbeasts steaks....Yummy! Cooked over an open fire, Good eating!

I would like to add a set of light jumper cables to my tool kit. They might come in handy some day. Push starting a Swing is not an option.

DennisB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter?   What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What extra tools do you carry with you on your scooter?
Page 1 of 1