Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Accessory list I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 1:08 pm

» Sinko De Mayo
Accessory list I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Accessory list I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» checking the oil
Accessory list I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Accessory list I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Accessory list I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Accessory list I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Accessory list I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Accessory list I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Accessory list I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Accessory list

Go down 
+2
vmaximus
Duke1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Accessory list Empty
PostSubject: Accessory list   Accessory list I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:40 am

I have a list of things to go onto the Silverwing, it seems to get longer and longer.

The next thing I am looking for is Indicator Wing Mirrors, I am thinking that chrome would look good, but not sure where to start looking, can anybody point me in the right direction? scratch

Back to top Go down
vmaximus
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2011-04-15

Accessory list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessory list   Accessory list I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 12:06 pm

There are plenty on Ebay
Back to top Go down
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

Accessory list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessory list   Accessory list I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 5:09 am

Thats an idea thanks.

Have been looking through a catalogue from "demontweeks" and they have some interesting accessories. small moped
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Accessory list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessory list   Accessory list I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 6:23 am

Duke1, if you type 'wing mirrors' into the search function under the top of the page picture there are about 130 topics to choose from.

Maybe worth a mooch through the previous posting to check out any links that may be embedded in them.

I was going to post a couple of links but I figured your better placed as you know what your after. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Accessory list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessory list   Accessory list I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:29 am

If you type in "mirrors" you will come up with some.
Dennis helped me find the ones I put on my 2005. They have the lighted turn signal built into them. I assume that is what you are wanting.
I installed mine. Not to difficult to do. I think they work better for me than the stock mirrors. I didn't know if they would extend out far enough but I don't have to use the extender's with these and I can see past my shoulders etc. much better.
Old Dave Smile
Back to top Go down
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

Accessory list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessory list   Accessory list I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 6:06 am

Thanks to those of you for the advice, I am going through all the information now, which there is so much on offer.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Accessory list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessory list   Accessory list I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:20 am

The Piaggio X9 Evo series came with indicators in the mirrors as standard - complete pain since the mirrors are vulnerable and are one of the first things to get broken in even minor accidents, including collisions with gate-posts.
I converted mine to running-lights and put indicators in the fairing.
Back to top Go down
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

Accessory list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessory list   Accessory list I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:24 am

The conversion to running lights sounds a good idea. I have just put Zenon headlights on and they are realy snazzy, they light up the whole motorway, no chance of losing my way around now! As far as the siganal morrors go there seems to be so much choice and you can pay want you want. Did you say that there are a couple of German companies that sell them?
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Accessory list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessory list   Accessory list I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:51 am

The alternative to the indicators being too vulnerable is to have led indicators in the mirrors whilst still retaining the original indicators. The other advantage of doing it this way is that the 'flash rate' will not be altered.
Good luck removing all the Tupperware to install them.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Accessory list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessory list   Accessory list I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:46 am

I agree; in fact, the earlier X9s had the indicators in the fairing and conventional mirrors. The 'holes' were still there, covered with shaped wire mesh.
I bought the OEM units and put them in (well, actually my dealer did - he looked after his customers, even going as far as bringing out to Belgium a part for the failed immobiliser on my X9 when I was here on holiday a few years ago - didn't charge me a penny).
Back to top Go down
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

Accessory list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessory list   Accessory list I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 6:17 am

Still trying to make my mind about the mirrors there are just so many on offer! To much choice thats the problem.

In the meantime I have bought a Tucana leg weather cover. It cost just over a £100.00 and the shop wanted £10.00 to fit it on the Silverwing. I am glad that I said no, when I gave it to the fitter at work who looks after the Silverwing, he put the thing on and it was very clear that the fit was not good and the buckles would scratch the paintwork well thats not on! he will have to modify it in some way. Its probably because of the front crash bars in the way.

Not sure what the plan is now as he walked away with his head in his hands swearing in a language that I did not understand, it ended in off!
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Accessory list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessory list   Accessory list I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 6:33 am

I'm considering Burgman 400 mirrors for mine - several people here have them.
I've also been looking at the tucano wrap-round over-trousers rather than an apron. They are not expensive:

http://scooter-wear.com/tucano-urbano-takeaway-thermal-leg-covers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Accessory list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessory list   Accessory list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accessory list
Page 1 of 1