Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
12v volt accessory plug  I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Today at 9:04 am

» Sinko De Mayo
12v volt accessory plug  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
12v volt accessory plug  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» checking the oil
12v volt accessory plug  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
12v volt accessory plug  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
12v volt accessory plug  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
12v volt accessory plug  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
12v volt accessory plug  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
12v volt accessory plug  I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
12v volt accessory plug  I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

12v volt accessory plug

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pistolpete811
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2021-12-26

12v volt accessory plug  Empty
PostSubject: 12v volt accessory plug    12v volt accessory plug  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 1:15 am

My new to me 2009 Silver Wing didn’t have a 12 volt port in the left storage compartment, just a spot for it sealed off with a rubber plug.  At the local dealership I purchased a Honda 12v plug upgrade labeled for a Gold Wing.  The sales lady advised that this should work on my bike but I forgot to ask if I can expect there to be a quick connect for it behind the compartment? Any help is much appreciated as I haven’t received my shop manual I purchased used on Amazon yet. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: 12v volt accessory plug    12v volt accessory plug  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 7:09 am

On the Gold Wing there is a quick disconnect, makes installation a snap (I know I did one). Regretfully on the Silver Wing there is not; the outlet must be hard wired. Not hard IF you are handy! Do a search on here to find instructions, it has been covered many times.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: 12v volt accessory plug    12v volt accessory plug  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 9:18 am

When you do this put in a inline dedicated fuse for port. Further make that a direct line to the battery eliminating the OEM wiring.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: 12v volt accessory plug    12v volt accessory plug  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 9:49 am

Pistolpete811 wrote:
…(Snip) At the local dealership I purchased a Honda 12v plug upgrade labeled for a Gold Wing.  The sales lady advised that this should work on my bike… (Snip)

My question is this: Does this dealer-supplied 12V socket actually fit that location? 

I’ve tried to fit a couple of different brands of those those sockets (even a Honda GL socket) but none of them actually fit due to the configuration (“bump out”) of the cubby pocket at that location. I finally fit one from a local auto supply store which pops right into the hole. However it is made for a car and is not the least bit water proof or otherwise insulated.

The Honda OEM socket for the Euro/UK FJS400/600 model is ridiculously priced at over $70 when last I looked —if even Honda North America would supply them.

I sincerely hope that you’ve found one which fits. And please do let us know the brand and item # of that socket.
Back to top Go down
Pistolpete811
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2021-12-26

PostSubject: Re: 12v volt accessory plug    12v volt accessory plug  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 2:37 pm

I will get back to you all and thanks for that great advice which I'll follow and document.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12v volt accessory plug    12v volt accessory plug  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

12v volt accessory plug
Page 1 of 1