Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeby Boating123 Today at 6:48 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 1:08 pm

» Sinko De Mayo
Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Accessory port blank?

Go down 
+4
Windrider
DennisB
dspevack
Acquit
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Acquit
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Acquit

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Accessory port blank? Empty
PostSubject: Accessory port blank?   Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 4:59 pm

In the left lockable glove box there is a rubber cap over a cigarette lighter sized hole. Is this where the european accessory port is located - and if so can you purchase the part from Honda?

Accessory port blank? Outlet10
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Accessory port blank?   Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 5:07 pm

Some aftermarket cigarette lighter sockets from your local auto store will fit in that.
Also I think the one from the goldwing also fits in there.
Honda America doesn't sell a part that is listed as specifically for that.
Maybe a few people will chime in on there parts source.

Dan
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Accessory port blank?   Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 5:08 pm

Hi Daryl,

Yes on all questions. This is the Power Outlet we talked about before. Here's an Ebay Thread to a part that will work: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.m748&item=290581348250&viewitem=&_trkparms=clkid%3D903604634230380144

Sorry to say it does not plug into the Silverwing harness.

Last edited by DennisB on Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Windrider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Accessory port blank?   Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 5:14 pm

Dennis, I seen in one of your ads where you had the Gps mount that had a bar on it instead of the ball. I think this is the one I want. I have a handle bar mount and this would be right and put the GPS in the center. Thanks, Elmo
Back to top Go down
Acquit
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Acquit

PostSubject: Re: Accessory port blank?   Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 5:14 pm

DennisB wrote:
Hi Daryl,

Yes on all questions. This is the Power Outlet we talked about before.

Humm ... I'm learning, I put on mirror extenders this weekend which required removing the front cover and windscreen - a little hairy for a complete mechanical nitwit but I managed it ....

I must say, though my shoulders are sexy as all hell, it's probably better for my life expectency that I see the road behind me when looking in my SW mirrors - between that and the grip puppies today's ride was a great improvement over last week's.

Wonderful forum - and heyas Dennis!
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Accessory port blank?   Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 5:20 pm

Hi Elmo, You got it. I'll send you a "PM" with the ordering information.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Accessory port blank?   Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 5:25 pm

Acquit wrote:
DennisB wrote:
Hi Daryl,

I put on mirror extenders this weekend which required removing the front cover and windscreen

Daryl, Your a good man...But I can't understand why you needed to take the front cover and windscreen off to install the mirror extenders?
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Accessory port blank?   Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 5:31 pm

DennisB wrote:
Acquit wrote:
I put on mirror extenders this weekend which required removing the front cover and windscreen
Daryl, Your a good man...But I can't understand why you needed to take the front cover and windscreen off to install the mirror extenders?

If you turned the handlebars all the way to the left, then you can install the mirror extenders ... and vice versa.
Back to top Go down
Acquit
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Acquit

PostSubject: Re: Accessory port blank?   Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 5:42 pm

"If you turned the handlebars all the way to the left, then you can install the mirror extenders ... and vice versa."

Well funny you should say that:

When I tried to get one mirror off it hit the windscreen. I popped in the house, grabbed the laptop and followed somebody's pictorial for removing the windscreen. I removed the windscreen, removed both mirrors, then put the windscreen on. HA outsmarted the bike I thought.

Putting the mirrors back on - they whacked the windscreen again (duh) but before I could remove the windscreen again when my wife said "why don't you just turn the handle bars?" -- I did while simultaneously realizing the entire windscreen removal effort was completely unnecessary.

Didn't I tell you I'm mechanically stupid?
Embarassed
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Accessory port blank?   Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 5:57 pm

Daryl,

I would trust you to remove my windsheild any time now that your so well trained.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Accessory port blank?   Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 6:04 pm

Acquit wrote:
I popped in the house, grabbed the laptop and followed somebody's pictorial for removing the windscreen.
Acquit wrote:
Didn't I tell you I'm mechanically stupid?
Embarassed

I disagree, you were able to find a pictorial and then follow the instructions of the pictorial.

It is always easier to teach when they want/need to learn.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Accessory port blank?   Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 8:47 pm

Acquit wrote:
DennisB wrote:
Hi Daryl,

Humm ... I'm learning, I put on mirror extenders this weekend which required removing the front cover and windscreen - a little hairy for a complete mechanical nitwit but I managed it ....

I must say, though my shoulders are sexy as all hell, it's probably better for my life expectency that I see the road behind me when looking in my SW mirrors - between that and the grip puppies today's ride was a great improvement over last week's.

Wonderful forum - and heyas Dennis!

Hey, i like the fuely thing, i just signed up! this should be interesting if everyone does it!
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Accessory port blank?   Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 11:34 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Acquit
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Acquit

PostSubject: Re: Accessory port blank?   Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 4:45 am

Tagg wrote:

Hey, i like the fuely thing, i just signed up! this should be interesting if everyone does it!

Chevy Silverado 25.6 c / mile
Hyundai Accent 11.6 c / mile
Honda Silverwing 7.9 c / mile <-------- nice!

Yep I really like that you can txt your data into Fuelly, when you setup your vehicles you pick a letter for each (Mine are Silverado, Accent and SilverWing). To use an example:

Fuelly uses a MPG format (Miles, Price, Gallons) so 300 miles on the Silverwing since the last fillup and filling with 3.80 gas for 5.1 galons you would text this to Fuelly:

W 300 3.80 5.10

Back to top Go down
Ishkatan
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Ishkatan

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Accessory port blank?   Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:09 pm

[quote="Acquit"]
Tagg wrote:

Fuelly uses a MPG format (Miles, Price, Gallons) so 300 miles on the Silverwing since the last fillup and filling with 3.80 gas for 5.1 galons you would text this to Fuelly:

W 300 3.80 5.10

Err... how do you fit 5.10 gallons in the Silverwing? Did you install a spare tank?

I just did a calculation on mine and got 53.8 mpg despite 70+ mph highway riding and rapid accelerations. nice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.parklawnsailingassociation.org
Acquit
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Acquit

PostSubject: Re: Accessory port blank?   Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:13 pm

[quote="Ishkatan"]
Acquit wrote:
Tagg wrote:

W 300 3.80 5.10

Err... how do you fit 5.10 gallons in the Silverwing? Did you install a spare tank?

I just did a calculation on mine and got 53.8 mpg despite 70+ mph highway riding and rapid accelerations. nice.

I made it up - as an example Razz Click on the Fuelly thing below and you can paw through the actual entries.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Accessory port blank?   Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 6:00 pm

Acquit wrote:
In the left lockable glove box there is a rubber cap over a cigarette lighter sized hole. Is this where the european accessory port is located - and if so can you purchase the part from Honda?

Accessory port blank? Outlet10

I should have made a video when i did mine. Took about 10 minutes to do. Auto parts store for the accessory plug, 4 bucks. Maybe a foot of wire soldered to the ends. The hardest part is screwing the base onto the socket from the rear. Took power from the headlight, and the ground i used is from a bolt on the front stay, accessible through the right storage bin. Did it all through the w front fairing piece that exposes the windshield bolts.
Back to top Go down
Acquit
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Acquit

PostSubject: Re: Accessory port blank?   Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 12:42 am

Tagg wrote:

I should have made a video when i did mine.

Yes - feel free to do it again to recitify your unforgiveable omission! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accessory port blank?   Accessory port blank? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accessory port blank?
Page 1 of 1