Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
AirHawk on Corbin Saddle I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Today at 9:04 am

» Sinko De Mayo
AirHawk on Corbin Saddle I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
AirHawk on Corbin Saddle I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» checking the oil
AirHawk on Corbin Saddle I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
AirHawk on Corbin Saddle I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
AirHawk on Corbin Saddle I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
AirHawk on Corbin Saddle I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
AirHawk on Corbin Saddle I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
AirHawk on Corbin Saddle I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
AirHawk on Corbin Saddle I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

AirHawk on Corbin Saddle

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

AirHawk on Corbin Saddle Empty
PostSubject: AirHawk on Corbin Saddle   AirHawk on Corbin Saddle I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 8:42 am

Hi All,

I just bought an AirHawk and installed it on the scoot. Seems to work well. Here is the thread to the site where I purchased it.
You might get it for less somewhere else but this is a good price. I bought a Large Cruiser for the top of my Corbin saddle.

http://www.rlmotorcycles.com/cgi-bin/eShop/index.cgi?exact_match=yes&product=AirHawk&subbcat=AirHawk_AirHawk_Motorcycle_Seat_Cushion&cart_id=1223731075.64276

DennisB

AirHawk on Corbin Saddle Airhaw10
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk on Corbin Saddle   AirHawk on Corbin Saddle I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 10:09 am

DennisB wrote:
I just bought an AirHawk and installed it on the scoot. Seems to work well. Here is the thread to the site where I purchased it.
You might get it for less somewhere else but this is a good price. I bought a Large Cruiser for the top of my Corbin saddle.

http://www.derbycycles.com/cgi-bin/eShop/index.cgi?pid=202

Medium/Large 124.99
Shipping for me 9.84
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk on Corbin Saddle   AirHawk on Corbin Saddle I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 12:00 pm

Thank's Bill....That's a much better deal then I got.

DennisB Smile
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk on Corbin Saddle   AirHawk on Corbin Saddle I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 1:50 am

Hi there,

Am I missing something here? Not being funny, but isn't having a Corbin seat supposed to make the scoot more comfortable..... As in no need for an airhawk?

It's just I've read a lot about them, and most people really seem to swear by them, though a few curse them. For their cost I'd expect to be able to whistle for my scoot, and the Corbin seat to be able to auto pilot the scoot out of the garage to the front door!!

Still at least you have a scoot with a sexy good looking seat which can now also be comfortable!

Happy riding!
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk on Corbin Saddle   AirHawk on Corbin Saddle I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:52 am

Hi Bernardo,

The Corbin Saddle is hard as a rock and adds alot more overall support to a riders back side then the stock Honda seat. The AirHawk just adds to the overall riding pleasure by providing a thin layer of air softness and cooling ventalation for the long rides or just every day use around town. Works for me.

Alot of people just needed to see the fit of an AirHawk mounted on a Corbin Saddle. sunny

Thanks for asking and I hope this clears up any questions.

DennisB Smile
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Lets Be Fair ...   AirHawk on Corbin Saddle I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 8:28 am

Personally, I think you are spreading a bad rap for all the rocks out there. I have sat on your seat and I know a lot of rocks. That seat is not near as soft as the rocks in my neighborhood. Please be more kind in your comments from now on.

Gary
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk on Corbin Saddle   AirHawk on Corbin Saddle I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 8:49 am

Hi Gary,

Are you saying that you went out and sat on all the rocks in Rison AR and none of them where nearly as hard as the Corbin Saddle. That task must have taken some time to do. Did you pack a picknic basket and make a day of it?

Kinda puts a whole new spin on the term "Rock On Dude!!!!".

DennisB
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk on Corbin Saddle   AirHawk on Corbin Saddle I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 10:16 am

Opalsboy wrote:
Personally, I think you are spreading a bad rap for all the rocks out there. I have sat on your seat and I know a lot of rocks. That seat is not near as soft as the rocks in my neighborhood. Please be more kind in your comments from now on.

:lol!:
Your rocks may be seeking legal advise right now Razz .
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Corbin... dissected.   AirHawk on Corbin Saddle I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 11:30 pm

I just noticed that corbin backwards is NIB ROC.... not sure what kind of rock a roc is but there is a subliminal message there somewhere.

Gary
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk on Corbin Saddle   AirHawk on Corbin Saddle I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 6:40 am

DennisB, a question about the Corbin. Does it move you back, forward, up, down? I would like to move back on the Swing, to get a bit more legroom and a little more reach to the handlebars. Another option might be to have the stock rider seat modified to take some foam out of the movable backrest. Seems like there is a fair amount of foam in it. Any thoughts there. I feel a bit too close to the bars and more legroom is always good. I'm 6 feet and 32 inch inseam. The pegs mod looks good too. Thanks for your input.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk on Corbin Saddle   AirHawk on Corbin Saddle I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:23 am

Hi Jay,

When a person orders a Corbin Saddle they ask you a bunch of questions like....your height and inseam meaurment so they can talor the saddle to the new owner.... some what. You do get more leg room and the seat is a little lower and as Gary said, the thing is harder then the rocks around his place. Takes a while to brake-in, either the saddle or the new owners back side. affraid

DennisB
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk on Corbin Saddle   AirHawk on Corbin Saddle I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:39 am

DennisB wrote:
Hi Jay,

When a person orders a Corbin Saddle they ask you a bunch of questions like....your height and inseam meaurment so they can talor the saddle to the new owner.... some what. You do get more leg room and the seat is a little lower and as Gary said, the thing is harder then the rocks around his place. Takes a while to brake-in, either the saddle or the new owners back side. affraid

DennisB

DB, I've had Corbins on motorcyles in the past and they are firm but I like a firm seat. I also was aware that they will, sort of, build it how you like it. I'm going to probably get one because they do look good on the Swing, I think.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk on Corbin Saddle   AirHawk on Corbin Saddle I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 9:57 am

Jay600 wrote:
I would like to move back on the Swing, to get a bit more legroom and a little more reach to the handlebars.

Check if your butt rest is back all the way.

https://www.silverwing600.com/silver-wing-accessories-modifications-f5/can-the-back-rest-be-moved-t183-15.htm#3982
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk on Corbin Saddle   AirHawk on Corbin Saddle I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AirHawk on Corbin Saddle
Page 1 of 1