Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Drive belt prices
Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeby landisr Today at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!

Go down 
+9
Windrider
honda_silver
jdeereanton
dspevack
joncallihan
Bernardo
Opalsboy
JeffR
DennisB
13 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! Empty
PostSubject: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 1:27 pm

Hi Jeff,
You saw a picture I posted that had my new Corbin Saddle in it and you asked me about it. Well here it is.
Call me just an old fasion kind of guy, but when I pay over $540.00 dallars for anything, I do expect it to work and fit correctly without any modifacations and be engineered and manufactured without issues......well this did not happen with this saddle.

1. The first thing I noted is that at the point of where the seat gets attached to the scooters seat hinge, they used press in type nuts (the cheap way) and did not use nice and easy to install studs like on the stock Honda seat. I stripped one of the press in nuts out trying to line up the corbin seat, BUMMER! I will get to the fix on this one later.

2. After installation the corbin seat with 3 bolts now, I found it did not latch at rear locking latch. They made the latch to short. BUMMER! So I made a 1/8"thick steel spacer and that fixed that problem. FIXED IT!

3. The air spring that they supplied with this seat was not strong enough to raise this heavy Corbin seat from a unlocked condition like the original honda seat, without help. BUMMER! That's the reason I have a helper finger strap on the back of the saddle. FIXED IT!

4. Now for the main thing that got my attention. The Corbin seat was made to darn low along the front seat edge (bad engineering) and access to the 2 sparkplug panel screws was impossible without taking the seat off. BIG BUMMER! So I made a adapter plate, with 4 metric studs and used a 1/2" thick aluminum spacer plate. Well I got the Corbin seat 5/8" higher then it was and it worked. I also had to add a 1/4" spacer on the middle latch to get it to work! FIXED IT!

5. On the bottom of the saddle, the epoxy stuff they used to make the seat pan was so thin in spots that the seat pading was coming out! NO FIX FOR THIS, BUMMER!

Other than just those few small problems the Corbin saddle looks great on the top and is alot better on this old bikers butt.

So if your thinking about getting a Corbin Saddle for your scooter, just ask me...... I know how to fix it.

DennisB

P.S. And yes......they put their name on it!!!!!

Last edited by DennisB on Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 5:00 pm

Dennis,

Thanks for all the info. The Corbin plant is only about 40miles south of me and I have been there before. They have a great '50s style diner. I have heard of the seat not latching but it seems everyone does the same thing you do. I'm thinking of a seat but, believe it or not, my $18.88 walmart pad does a great job.

Those seats sure do look nice and I may just get one, one day. That or the Russel Long seat. That plant is only about 4 hours due north of me. We have someone in our group, and he is a member here but doesn't post much, that has one and really likes it. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 11:58 am

Hi All,

I don't want you to think I'm a complainer. Razz I'm not! But there was just so many things wrong with it.....I had to go through alot to get it to work right and somthings about this Corbin saddle will never be right.

I did email Corbin and I did NOT get a responce from them.....I guess they got what they wanted. $$$$, and I got one more fun thing to try and get working right. Shocked

DennisB :D
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 1:09 am

Dennis,

You aren't complaining and anyone who bought a seat from Corbin would expect it to just bolt on. They make seats for many bikes and there isn't any reason why there should be problems. If Honda can make a seat that works properly then why can't these other companies. I would like to get a new seat one day and I really like the backrest you can get for these bikes. It beats the ones you put on from aftermarket places. If I do get a corbin I will ride down and let them install it so they can see if it works or doesn't. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 12:04 pm

Hi Jeff,
The back rest that I went with is not a Corbin. They just wanted to darn much for there backrests. I got my $89.99 corbin type back rest off of this is web site:

http://www.harrisonspecialties.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HS&Product_Code=CBR1012&Category_Code=MB

It works very well, looks good and beats the hell out of paying $200.00 plus for a Corbin back rest.

DennisB :D
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Corbin Seat   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 12:19 pm

Well guys I got to actually sample sit on a Corbin seat this past weekend. I guess I may have been expecting too much. I expected something between my mamas' lap and a Sleep Number bed set on 10. It felt more like my sidewalk. No offense, maybe my butt has changed now that I am getting close to 65. But that seat had to be one of the ( saying it nicely) firmest seats I have ever sat on. My stock seat gets hard after a few hours of riding. The Corbin started out hard. I guess it is each his own, or, as a wise Coloradan once said... "there is more than one way to rest your butt". Well, he didn't exactly use those words, but that is what he meant to say.

bounce Gary
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:53 pm

I use an airhawk seat for long distance, and find it very comfortable. It's not exactly exciting to look at, but it works very well, is much cheaper than a Corbin, and since it is detachable I can also use it for my bike, or any other seat for that matter..... :D
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 8:42 pm

I installed a Russell Day-Long a few days ago. None of the problems that Dennis noted above. Of course, I had to send them my saddle, they sent back one that fit (on my pan, I had my business card pasted to it, it came back in the same place). The access screws are still accessible. The latches work.

I went for the first ride on it yesterday, 120 miles, one stop in the middle (lunch) with no problems, other than it is about an inch and a half higher than stock, therefore my legs were an inch and a half shorter (took some getting used to when stopping). On the other hand, the inch and half precludes my having to cut about an inch and half off the Givi screen (it was too tall with the stock seat).

All in all, this is my third Russel saddle (two previous were on BMW's) and all have been very much what I expected.

The total cost to me (vinyl cover, only front redone, rain cover, back rest hardware installed, no backrest yet, shipping both ways, custom made box to ship it out) was $610.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 3:22 am

$540 and you had to re-engineer it to work? No thanks. That's why I stopped buying Volkswagens and switched to Hondas in the first place.

There is a tannery nearby and I can get a nice, dense, thick sheepskin for $60 and make whatever kind of seat cover I want. I'll try that first. I'm thinking about sewing some short pieces of PVC pipe along the edges to "trap" under the seat and hold the cover in place. That'll make it a cinch to remove for cleaning or keeping out of the rain.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 8:40 am

Hi Mickey,

Please, keep this in mined… that the bad experience I had with this Corbin saddle was an isolated incident and most people that purchase this product from Corbin have no problems say for an adjusting of the rear catch with a spacer or two. The reason I went with the Corbin was the stock Honda seat cut into my sciatic nerves and was very uncomfortable for me even on a short ride. The Corbin saddle is much better for my riding comfort. It provides good over all support and I would not go back to the stock Honda seat for any reason.

DennisB Smile
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 9:24 am

I too have a Corbin.
When I went to Daytona Beach for Bike week, one of their stores is there.
They had brought their seat cutters in for the event.
They pulled off my cover, trimmed down my foam to my specs, recovered, no charge.
The gas shock that they provide is supposed to be stronger to compensate for the extra weight.
If yours isn't doing that job, you should keep after them to send you a replacement.

The latch problem is common with Corbin, and so is the spacer solution.
Its especially bad because our interior trunk light doesn't go off until the
seat is properly latched. Hence the replacement trunk light with the switch.

Lastly, corbins are made to be firmer than stock.
Sitting on a new Corbin will not give you an accurate experience.
Corbins are made to mold to your butt over several hundred miles.

Dan

Last edited by dspevack on Sun May 10, 2009 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 11:28 am

Hi All,

With adding an AirHawk pad, which enhances the Corbins overall good support. My backside is in riding heaven. The best riding saddle I ever had on any motorcycle in all of my 50 years of riding.

DennisB Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:36 pm

The problem with the Corbin seat not latching on a SilverWing seems to
be a common problem that many new Corbin seat owners complain
about. I removed the cover of my seat, scooped it out, and glued
in the $18.88 Wal-Mart seat cushion that Jeff mentioned in a previous
post. It is much better than the stock seat, which gets rather
hard on the bottom after about an hour of riding. I hope to one
day be able to have the seat modified by the Russell Cycle Products
company (the Russell Day-Long seat). I will wait until after I
move to the Sacramento area. Jeff, perhaps I can make it someday
in the future to the Bay area to ride with your group.

John M.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 7:30 pm

John,

Here is the site I started for the bay area:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/BayAreaMaxiRiders/

I started this after Dave, from the www.maxi-scoots.com site decided to get rid of his Majesty and buy a motorcycle. This is so we could all get together for rides. Please join it and look around. Do you know when you will be moving out? We can go for a ride.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 2:24 am

I kind of like the "custom" aspect of the Day-Long. And they install it on the original pan, so there is no question of it functioning on the bike.

I've got to do something. I road past the local zoo today and all the monkeys were wolf-whistling at me.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 7:13 am

mickey,

You can take your seat pan to a local upholstry shop and have the seat modified.

Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! 08052311

Previous discussion regarding custom seats: https://www.silverwing600.com/silver-wing-accessories-modifications-f5/custom-saddles-saddle-modifications-t78.htm
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 5:16 pm

Dale,

Great looking seats. Remind me of those shown on the Russell Cycle Products website.

Jeff,

I will moving to Sacramento in about 2 weeks. I start my new position June 1. I am looking forward to being able to ride into the foothils and up into the Sierras, and also to the coast; a lot more places to ride than NE Missouri; I know this from having lived in Davis for three years and then in Stockton for another three years. I will have to become an expert at riding 2-up as I believe my wife would rather ride behind me on the S'Wing than alone on her Reflex. Do you know what happened to the Between Two Rivers Scooter Club site? If not I may drop Brad an email and ask what happened (the Reflex is Brad's old Reflex).

Hope we can get together in the future for riding.

John
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:39 pm

Those of you with Corbin seats, did this change your seat height? I'm of course looking to lower my seat height by about an inch, though I'd be happy with a half inch at this point.
The guy who did my husband's seat (Kawasaki Concours) has regretfully quit doing mods on any scooter seats. He claims we have "unrealistic expectations".

When I win the lottery I'm going to start a motorcycle company where you can custom order your frame size, your engine size, your seat height, your handlebar reach, etc., etc., etc. Short people like riding too! (Do you think it would help my chances if I actually buy a lottery ticket first?)
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 10:25 pm

churchlady53 wrote:
(Do you think it would help my chances if I actually buy a lottery ticket first?)

If God wants me to win the lottery, then there is no need to buy a lottery ticket.
I have never purchased a lottery ticket.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 2:52 pm

honda_silver wrote:
churchlady53 wrote:
(Do you think it would help my chances if I actually buy a lottery ticket first?)

If God wants me to win the lottery, then there is no need to buy a lottery ticket.
I have never purchased a lottery ticket.

God helps those who help themselves.
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Windrider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 6:46 pm

DennisB wrote:
Hi All,

With adding an AirHawk pad, which enhances the Corbins overall good support. My backside is in riding heaven. The best riding saddle I ever had on any motorcycle in all of my 50 years of riding.

DennisB Smile

Dennis I hope you are right about the seat as I just ordered one. I have sheepskin pad that I had on my Goldwing Trike that I just sold.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 6:55 pm

I have 2000 miles on my Corbin so far. Not on a Silverwing, since I traded it in for a Triumph Thunderbird in April. Twisted Evil

It's stiff. It does break in after a thousand miles or so, but remains pretty stiff.

I wouldn't call it the "best" or the "worst". I suppose it depends on what you want from it. It's a good choice for long rides, which I do every day, but not the best for a quick spin around the block.

I plan to add an AirHawk or a sheepskin to give me that extra bit of "cushy."

The Corbin is a very good saddle, but bear in mind it's not a "custom" saddle, nor is it sold as such. It'll keep more bottoms happy than a stock seat, but can't possibly satisfy everybody. It's very well made, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:42 pm

Emo62, Just a note...To make your new Corbin Saddle allot easyer to install, install 4 threaded studs into the seat mounting holes (like the stock seat). Use a little loctite to hold them in. Much better!

mickey, The first Corbin I owned was installed on a rigid frame 54 HD KH in 1972. I think it was one of the first seats they made. The Corbin saddle on my swing has been installed now for 9,000 miles and I'm very happy with it. Sooooooo...nice on this old bikers back side.

One more thing mickey....You should try to read through and understand what your reading.
Back to top Go down
GaryL
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GaryL

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:14 pm

I now have a little over 2000 miles on my new Corbin seat, and I have to agree with DennisB... It has made a huge improvement in ride comfort for me. I recently did a 450 mile day, and was able to do so with no more discomfort than any other M/C seat that I have ever experienced. Since fuel stops come every 150 miles or so, just a few minutes off the scoot at these stops do the trick. I can get back on and ride till the next stop. I could have easily gone a lot further from a comfort standpoint.

Expensive... Yes.

Ability to ride all day... Priceless! sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:51 am

"One more thing mickey....You should try to read through and understand what your reading."

You lost me. Question
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Windrider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:45 am

[quote="DennisB"]Emo62, Just a note...To make your new Corbin Saddle allot easyer to install, install 4 threaded studs into the seat mounting holes (like the stock seat). Use a little loctite to hold them in. Much better!

Thanks Dennis
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:54 am

DennisB wrote:
Emo62, Just a note...To make your new Corbin Saddle allot easyer to install, install 4 threaded studs into the seat mounting holes (like the stock seat). Use a little loctite to hold them in. Much better!

reading.

Dennis what size studs? metric or us threads.

MaxB( who is still waiting for his corbin saddle)
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:42 am

Hey Max,

I'm sure Max knows all this stuff, but for the rest of you that are new to turning a wrench....

Been a while since I installed the saddle. I know the stock Honda seat has metric threaded studs, coming out of the seat and I'm not sure about the Corbin bolts. I think they were American Standard, but it has been to long now...I'm just not sure.

For those of you that want to determine the stud length needed:

To determine the length of the studs needed, just add the length of one of the supplied Corbin bolts and the length of one of the metric studs coming out of the Honda seat.

You can make your own threaded studs by cutting off bolts and running the proper size thread die over the cut area to clean the threads up. Install the cut end of the stud into the seat. Do a dry run on the threaded studs first to be sure they work OK.

Don't forget to get 4 nuts, lock washers at the hardware store. ACE is a good place to get the threaded studs or bolts to cut down.

Sorry this is so long.... Sleep
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 1:03 pm

DennisB wrote:
Hey Max,

I'm sure Max knows all this stuff, but for the rest of you that are new to turning a wrench....

Been a while since I installed the saddle. I know the stock Honda seat has metric threaded studs, coming out of the seat and I'm not sure about the Corbin bolts. I think they were American Standard, but it has been to long now...I'm just not sure.

Thanks Dennis, I'll just wait til the seat gets here.
As far as remembering, at our age, I forgot what I did yesterday. Funny the things you remember. And the things your forget. I can't remember phone #'s or names unless repeated lots of times. But I can remember rides I have taken and some of the roads years ago.

MaxB (what was I trying to say?????) hahahahahaha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:28 am

Hi Everyone! Smile

New member here and I just picked up an '08 SWing ABS this weekend. It came with the Corbin saddle (which we loved the looks of...), but my wife and I are less than thrilled with the functionality of it. To reiterate some gripes: The latch is too short and it's rock hard. Also, the way Corbin set up the slope, the passenger seat actually slopes forward so my wife is constantly slipping/sliding forward.
I'll be replacing this seat with a stock one at a minimum asap. Your posts above were a nice sanity check for me though - thanks.

I'll be picking up a Givi windshield and backrest as well.

Back to top Go down
tubeck
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2011-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:54 am

Interesting. I guess the grass is always greener.... I was thinking of going from stock to Corbin. I feel my stock seat is humped rather then flat. I called corbin. They have a store in Ormond Beach fl. I can sit on one there before buying it for 5 hundred bucks. I do not ride double. If you want a comforable seat sit on a Berman 400
Back to top Go down
goldwinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
goldwinger

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2011-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 11:06 am

Like most things bike, it's all in the eye of the beholder. When I bought a Yamaha FJR 1300 new in 2006, the motorcycle mags said it was the most comfortable tourer in production. Well, that guy's backside must have been a different shape to mine. It was, for me, the most uncomfortable bike I've ever ridden, bar NONE!!!
The Swing, with a stock seat, is about as good as it gets for me, on a par with my Goldwing 1800, when I had it. Sure, I have to move around a bit, but still good for 600 miles.

Ian
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!   Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corbin saddle - The Best/Worst Saddle I ever owned!
Page 1 of 1