Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
 Stand Alone Maxi I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 10:55 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
 Stand Alone Maxi I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
 Stand Alone Maxi I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:43 am

» May 2024 forum picture
 Stand Alone Maxi I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:41 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
 Stand Alone Maxi I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
 Stand Alone Maxi I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» LF extended back rest
 Stand Alone Maxi I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
 Stand Alone Maxi I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
 Stand Alone Maxi I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
 Stand Alone Maxi I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Stand Alone Maxi

Go down 
+2
JeffR_
BoxcarMark
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BoxcarMark
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
BoxcarMark

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Stand Alone Maxi Empty
PostSubject: Stand Alone Maxi    Stand Alone Maxi I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 12:12 am

I thought as I rode home tonight from work on my 2011 Swing. Which is dangerous by itself (LOL) how capable this machine is. There is no other two wheel to really compare it to. It stands alone in cargo capacity, horse power, wind protection and style to boot. The winds where howling at 25-35 mph and it did great on the interstate. It stands alone for what it does, transport you wherever, it doesn't care. All she asks is ride sensible and she will get you there. Thanks to her,, getting there is fun again. The Swing does not need mods or add ons to do her thing, she is well equipped with what she needs out the door. I dont compare it to Bergers,Majicks, or the like because she stands alone for what she is, and does not like to be compared to any bike or scooter. The Silverwing is what it is,a fine Maxi in her own Class....a CLASS ALL HER OWN! Ride safe everyone...
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

Stand Alone Maxi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stand Alone Maxi    Stand Alone Maxi I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 12:32 am

Mark,

I know what you mean. Mine is almost 5 years old now since bought new and it still is so much fun to ride. Although I think you just stirred up a hornets nest...with the mods or add ons statement. Some think like you and others think the opposite. I know that "Mildrew" loves to add things on like Car tires, J Costa's, and etc. rolling laughter

And others like Bill (honda silver) think it is dangerous to install car tires. chickendance

To each their own. But it is good you like your SWing and so far there isn't another bike on the market that is wanting me to change.
Back to top Go down
BoxcarMark
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
BoxcarMark

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Stand Alone Maxi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stand Alone Maxi    Stand Alone Maxi I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:13 am

Right, I do plan on the backrest(driver) and mirror extensions. Ah,audio,Givi stuff etc. Lol. Nav, J.Costa,! To be honest...I had a 2005 Silverwing about 2 years ago and I installed many add ons and they made a good experience even better. As I mod this new SWING I will post pics. Peace! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Stand Alone Maxi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stand Alone Maxi    Stand Alone Maxi I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:46 am

JeffR_ wrote:
Although I think you just stirred up a hornets nest...with the mods or add ons statement. Some think like you and others think the opposite. I know that "Mildrew" loves to add things on like Car tires, J Costa's, and etc. :rolling laugh

Now come on, I've been very quiet on the subject lately and I'm happy without all the 'essential' stuff you lot love to add like carbine mounts, deer whistles, and beverage holders. Rolling Eyes

I also think it's sometime better to leave things alone and not tinker with perfectly good stuff. A couple of days ago I decided to replace the Position Light bulbs with LED bulbs, a fairly straight forward job I thought. The rubber bulb holders were very tight and you need the confined space skills of a dentist to get your hand in there. Anyway one of the bulbs come out of the holder and dropped inside the headlight. I can't reach it with a flexible grab tool so I'll need to remove the top headlight bulb and go in through there to remove it. And feeling about blindly to locate and detatch the pin that secures the bulb is a task that is as elusive as finding the G spot ! Neutral... Wink
Back to top Go down
jodders1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
jodders1

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Stand Alone Maxi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stand Alone Maxi    Stand Alone Maxi I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 5:13 am

hi meldrew
i have also done the same thing a couple of months ago small led bulb fell into headlight i tried to get the small bulb out trying by removing the top headlight h7 bulb be carefull not to scratch the headlight inner light reflector its easy done did not get bulb out this way gave up after a couple of hours of trying in the end i took the front plastic fairing off amd removed the headlight the headlight is attached to the front plastic fairing by 4 bolts and about 30 screws to get the front fairing off i was then able to shake the bulb out and put everything back together a big job but remember a new headlight from honda is £300+ have put the old bulbs back in not doing that again hope you get the bulb out
jodders1
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

Stand Alone Maxi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stand Alone Maxi    Stand Alone Maxi I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 7:44 am

I take it you guys are talking about the little side lamps built in to the head lamp. Can you tell me the type/model of these lamps? I'd like to take the challenge of replacing these lamps without dropping any inside Wink

Am I right in thinking that these little side lamps are only available in the UK/European versions?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Stand Alone Maxi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stand Alone Maxi    Stand Alone Maxi I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 6:29 pm

Jeff:
Why don't you just walk boldly up to the hornet's nest and whack it with a big stick!! I sense that you are a bit bored. Perhaps cabin fever?
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

Stand Alone Maxi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stand Alone Maxi    Stand Alone Maxi I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 7:45 pm

The Scootist wrote:
Jeff:
Why don't you just walk boldly up to the hornet's nest and whack it with a big stick!! I sense that you are a bit bored. Perhaps cabin fever?

Yeah, I guess I'm trying to stir something up. It's not really cabin fever, since it is usually always nice here, but I kind of miss some of the banter at times. I'm sure Mildrew knows I'm just kidding. (at least I hope).
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Stand Alone Maxi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stand Alone Maxi    Stand Alone Maxi I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 5:15 pm

jodders1 wrote:
hi meldrew
i have also done the same thing a couple of months ago small led bulb fell into headlight i tried to get the small bulb out trying by removing the top headlight h7 bulb be carefull not to scratch the headlight inner light reflector its easy done did not get bulb out this way gave up after a couple of hours of trying in the end i took the front plastic fairing off amd removed the headlight the headlight is attached to the front plastic fairing by 4 bolts and about 30 screws to get the front fairing off i was then able to shake the bulb out and put everything back together a big job but remember a new headlight from honda is £300+ have put the old bulbs back in not doing that again hope you get the bulb out
jodders1

This may be be useful for someone else that it happens to, I removed the dip headlight bulb (lamp if you live near Blackpool! Wink ) and fished the glass bulb out through the hole with a long electrical cable tie with double sided adhesive tape at the end. You can use another long cable tie to move it into position. For heavier LED bulbs you need a flexible grab tool covered in electrical tape to avoid scratching the reflector. It was a bit of a fiddle, and a LED light and a dentists mirror are useful bits of kit when doing this type of job.
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

Stand Alone Maxi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stand Alone Maxi    Stand Alone Maxi I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 5:45 pm

And lots of patients I bet Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
Sponsored content

Stand Alone Maxi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stand Alone Maxi    Stand Alone Maxi I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stand Alone Maxi
Page 1 of 1