Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
KTM Maxi Scooter? I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
KTM Maxi Scooter? I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
KTM Maxi Scooter? I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
KTM Maxi Scooter? I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
KTM Maxi Scooter? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
KTM Maxi Scooter? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
KTM Maxi Scooter? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
KTM Maxi Scooter? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
KTM Maxi Scooter? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
KTM Maxi Scooter? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

KTM Maxi Scooter?

Go down 
+2
jdeereanton
pja
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pja
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pja

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-10-03

KTM Maxi Scooter? Empty
PostSubject: KTM Maxi Scooter?   KTM Maxi Scooter? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:18 am

The Italian blog website motoblog.it has posted an article today about a possible 1,000 cc maxi scooter from KTM.

KTM Maxi Scooter? Ktm_scduke

Here is a Google translation of the post content:

"KTM SC-Duke: the maxi scooter high performance of the Austrian House
Published: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 by Dario Montrone

After Yamaha, Gilera, Honda, BMW and Ducati, could be the turn of the maxi scooter high performance of KTM. He spoke some time ago the site "1000scooters.com" which has also proposed a graphic reconstruction of the hypothetical SC-Duke. The maxi scooter of the House of Austria should be equipped with the same engine displacement of 1000 Super Duke by 98 hp and 90 Nm of torque, combined with the automatic transmission with sequential-COR selector that sets out the detailed City, and Open Road.

Besides being the first maxi scooter to be driven by the motor 1000 cc, the KTM Duke-SC lead to the debut novel solution composed of steel trellis frame, combined with aluminum sub-chassis and 17-inch wheels. Should it be produced, the scooter SC-Duke should cost no less than 10,000 €. KTM has not yet confirmed the news, but since the House of Austria in the past has come out from their core business with the RC8 superbike and the X-Bow, KTM's hypothesis SC-Duke is not so unlikely.
"

Interesting eh? If this and the BMW concept and the Ducati rumour come to fruition then the maxi scooter market will be a very interesting place.

Regards,
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.caseysbeach.com
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

KTM Maxi Scooter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: KTM Maxi Scooter?   KTM Maxi Scooter? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 4:46 am

KTM bikes are awesome. I'd love to see this hit our shores, but again the market may not exist.

Scooter riders seem not to be interested in dealing with a chain.

Bike riders seem not to be interested in the scooter frame.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

KTM Maxi Scooter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: KTM Maxi Scooter?   KTM Maxi Scooter? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:04 am

KTM seem to have lost the plot somewhere in the recent past I think!

Their newest offerings seem to be trying to be all things to all people. They've also just released details of a 1000cc v-twin supermoto type tourer - imagine the pain that would inflict after 45 minutes into a journey???

KTM have a certain following over here it seems - my local Honda dealer also has their franchise, but they do appear to be rather expensive in comparison.

Fortunately they aren't my cup of char!
Back to top Go down

KTM Maxi Scooter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: KTM Maxi Scooter?   KTM Maxi Scooter? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:44 pm

I haven't posted in a while but I check the postings every day. KTM 1000CC is exactly what I'd like to see . . . need a seriously strong backrest though!! LOL
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

KTM Maxi Scooter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: KTM Maxi Scooter?   KTM Maxi Scooter? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:01 pm

That design would definitely be a street carver i think. KTM is always a butt ugly visual, but solid engineering!
Back to top Go down

KTM Maxi Scooter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: KTM Maxi Scooter?   KTM Maxi Scooter? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:26 pm

jdeereanton wrote:
KTM bikes are awesome. I'd love to see this hit our shores, but again the market may not exist.

Scooter riders seem not to be interested in dealing with a chain.

Bike riders seem not to be interested in the scooter frame.

That is unfortunately so correct. I myself have never liked a chain or belt drive. Removing the chain or belt if you have to remove the rear wheel is a pain in the arse. Of course some people swear by it. I swear at it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

KTM Maxi Scooter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: KTM Maxi Scooter?   KTM Maxi Scooter? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:22 pm

Too much like a motorcycle. Looks like pretty limited storage space too. Kind hard to tell from the picture but might be a little lacking in the fairing department, I like having the two different foot positions on the SW. With 1000cc the fuel mileage isn't likely to be too great either. Personally I think the current range of maxi-scooters in the 400-650cc range is about right. If I need more horsepower than that I'd go with a motorcycle.
Back to top Go down
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-07-18

KTM Maxi Scooter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: KTM Maxi Scooter?   KTM Maxi Scooter? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:32 pm

I'm guessing that that might be a photoshop job.

I think the same website put out something very similar to this about a BMW scooter with an 800cc or so engine...looked very similar...

Just sayin'...
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

KTM Maxi Scooter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: KTM Maxi Scooter?   KTM Maxi Scooter? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:44 pm

Its definitely a rendering, even the blog says its just a concept. Your right about the lack of storage however! Although, no-one said a large displacement scooter had to have a utility/ touring designation, it would be exciting i think to see a new class of bikes! power scooters? hmmmmmm!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

KTM Maxi Scooter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: KTM Maxi Scooter?   KTM Maxi Scooter? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KTM Maxi Scooter?
Page 1 of 1