Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 11:44 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:43 am

» May 2024 forum picture
New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:41 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» LF extended back rest
New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
aerosilverwing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-02-09

New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS Empty
PostSubject: New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS   New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:13 pm

Hello,
I am going to be upgrading from a Honda C70 Motorcycle/Scooter to a Honda Silverwing with ABS. Can someone tell me what years would be good to look at and others to stay away from!

Thank you.
Aero
Back to top Go down
aerosilverwing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS   New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:50 am

Was there upgrades from year to year?
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS   New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:17 am

aerosilverwing,

Welcome to the site - enjoy the ride.

I'd say there really are no bad model years - some of the early years (2001 - 2002 - 2003) had a few minor recalls. OK there is some risk if the recalls have not been applied.

Not sure when the O2 sensor was added - 2006?

Is there an alternator upgrade?

New dash materials - 2007.

Uninspired colors - most every model year.

Truthfully the upgrades are so few and are really inconsequential in nature that they border on preference.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
aerosilverwing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS   New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:29 am

Ok, Thanks.

I just didn't want to find out after I found one that I should have got the one with Fuel Injection, or one that has a different motor, etc.

Now I wonder why they don't have airbags?
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS   New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:46 am

Welcome aerosilverwing, regards the airbags. Perhaps a jacket with built in airbag may suit your desire!!!! Laughing

If memory serves me well, all 'Wings' are FI. The rest of changes over the years are subtle and really not worth worrying about.

Good hunting.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS   New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 6:06 pm

If your bike is due for any recall work, Honda will perform the work regardless of how old the bike is or how many owners it has had.

As others have noted, the changes since the bike came out in 2002 have been minor and should not drive a purchase decision for most people. Color is probably more important.

All in all, it is a VERY reliable bike with minor maintenance needs.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS   New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:24 pm

As everyone else has said.. there haven't really been too many changes at all since they came out. And as Philip said, all recalls will be done by any honda shop if they haven't been done yet. Good luck and tell us what you get ...with pics !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS   New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to this forum and looking for Silverwing with ABS
Page 1 of 1